Dukan-Attack advise pls (Newbie)

Slimseaa

Silver Member
Hi All,

I have been doing Lighterlife diet, but have been poorly on an off for a few months now and the medicine that doctor has given me just wont work on LL, so had decided to start DD.

I started the Attack phase yesterday. Am confused with what I am allowed to have, so pls can you kindly advise.

I know most meats are allowed,however I will only be eating:

Chicken,
Turkey,
Tuna in brine,
Salmon, Cod
Eggs (are only 2 x Egg yolks allowed daily and unlimited egg whites?

Quark cheese allowed
Fat free Cottage cheese
Total 0% Greek yogurt or any fat free plain yogurt,
Fat free flavoured yogurt (are Mullerlights/Activia allowed?)
Skimmed Milk (how much is allowed in a day)
Oatbran (I went to look in supermarkets today and couldnt find it, is it the same as Oatbran Porridge ? sorry am not sure :(

Are we allowed Sugar free Jelly
Diet Coke
Robinsons dilluted orange squash
Are any Herbs allowed?
Lemon juice allowed?
Garlic/Ginger allowed?
Black pepper?
Tandoori paste Pathaks/Tandoori powder?

So sorry for all the questions, i know some have been mentioned on here already, but im still a bit confused. Just got my books, so am starting to read them.

Also what is a Gallette (is it like a pancake)?, how many can u have a day.

Many thanks in advance guys.

Slimseaa xx

Hi Slimseaa, I can help with some answers.......
Eggs I believe are unlimited but if you have cholesterol problems cut back on the yolks, I just buy a huge bag of frozen egg white for the week.
Are we allowed Sugar free Jelly.... YES and mixed with ff custard is so yummy
Diet Coke..... YES
Robinsons dilluted orange squash ... Never heard of it
Are any Herbs allowed? .. I believe so I use a huge range
Lemon juice allowed?... Yes but to flavour
Garlic/Ginger allowed?...YES
Black pepper?... YES I use it all the time
Tandoori paste Pathaks/Tandoori powder?..... Not to sure but I use a lot of curry powder :)
Gallette is like a pancake, Not sure on the amount but Im thinking as much as the oat bran allows for the day?

I have just started making oatbran porridge for breakfast (NOT sure if its the Oat bran porridge you get from the shops, I just buy the oatbran itself over here), OMG Love it, Saw someone have it and its really nice

Im sure many of the helpful munchkins on the borad will help with all your questions :)
Good luck xxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I started the Attack phase yesterday. Am confused with what I am allowed to have, so pls can you kindly advise.

Hiya :) Welcome to the diet/board.....I'll do my best to advise in the absence of the "others" :) it tends to be quite quiet on here during the weekend x

First off..have you bought the book/calculated your true weight on the dukan website?

(It's a lot easier to follow the diet with the book to hand for reference)

I know most meats are allowed,however I will only be eating:

Chicken, home-cooked?
Turkey, home-cooked?
Tuna in brine (watch the salt content - perhaps better with tuna in spring water?)
Salmon, Cod (only use your own dukan friendly sauces/marinades)
Eggs (are only 2 x Egg yolks allowed daily and unlimited egg whites? (this isn't something I follow as my cholesterol is a-ok so it's egg city here :)...but I believe the limit is 2 eggs per day - not sure on egg whites - I think they're unlimited)

Quark cheese allowed (fat free only)
Fat free Cottage cheese (yep and no additives like pineapple etc...could season with pepper or spices)
Total 0% Greek yogurt or any fat free plain yogurt,
Fat free flavoured yogurt (are Mullerlights/Activia allowed?)
Muller lights are allowed but no fruit ones in attack - not sure re activia but I believe Total is ok.
Skimmed Milk (how much is allowed in a day)

On attack it's unlimited...but on cruise your total daily limit of DAIRY inc. yoghurts etc is 1 Litre

Oatbran (I went to look in supermarkets today and couldnt find it, is it the same as Oatbran Porridge ?

It's not the same as porridge - oatbran is finer (looks like sawdust in a bag ;) I'm really selling this aren't I? lol)... Tesco do it (ownbrand) as do Mornflake marketed as "Mornflake Oatbran Sprinkles" find it with the muesli or baking stuff.

sorry am not sure :(

Are we allowed Sugar free Jelly (yes)
Diet Coke (yep!)
Robinsons dilluted orange squash (nope it contains fruit)
Are any Herbs allowed? (as far as I know - no herb is forbidden)
Lemon juice allowed? (only in cooking)
Garlic/Ginger allowed? (yep)
Black pepper? (yep)
Tandoori paste (not sure - does it contain any fat/salt/sugar?)
Pathaks/Tandoori powder? (again watch salt contents)

So sorry for all the questions, i know some have been mentioned on here already, but im still a bit confused. Just got my books, so am starting to read them.

Also what is a Gallette (is it like a pancake)?, how many can u have a day.

your gallette is a bit like a wheaty pancake/rye bread consistency (well it was when I made mine - the once:))... you are only allowed 1.5 tbsp oatbran per day in attack...so you're liable only to get 1 gallette out of that...

In cruise you can have 2 tbsp Oatbran + 1 tbsp wheat bran (Jordan's makes it) - so you might be able to squeeze 2 per day out of it x

Many thanks in advance guys.

Slimseaa xx

Hope this helps hun - If I've made any booboo's I apologise in advance :) x

seems to have covered it girls
re galette they are great imo u cane make them sweet or savoury and can make two thin or one thick i use 1.5tbs oatbran , 1.5 of fromage frais and one eggwhite if i want it to go further add a dash of skimmed milk i like them savoury but have had a sweetone which was nice too remember cook long and slow and the first probably will look terrible but practice makes perfect
i get my oatbran from health food shop

thank you all for ur replies! I managed to get my Oatbran from a health food shop. Will try the Gallette in the morning.Can i make it with quark and eggs and oatbran instead of fromage frais?

I need time to read the book and take this all in, right now, im hardly eating much as im scared i will end up eating anything not allowed during Attack. I have made sugar free jelly and will have that with fat free natural yogurt. Are we allowed to have unlimited jelly.

Hi and welcome. Quark should be fine I would imagine. We can have 3 portions of sugar free jelly per day.

yep quark is fine just mix it up well i do use quark when ive got it

yey well done

dont forget come and shout if you need anything or just a chat

Hello there - welcome - and how's it going? what's on the menu today?

Hi Maintainer, thank you.

I hope im doing this diet right, ive been slowly reading the book and trying to take it all in, only think ive lost 2lbs since Friday (Attack Phase), i have PCOS, so doctor did say its extremely hard to lose weight as well and can take longer than normal.

Ive been having Breakfast- Oatbran Gallette or Oatbran with Milk,
Lunch 1 x Tuna Tin in Brine (drained with 2 tablespoons Quark)
Dinner-Boiled chicken/marinated Chicken with coriander, fat free yogurt, chilli powder, tumeric and garam masala or just plain boiled or Salmon Fillets.with a squueze of lemon juice, garlic paste maybe.

Snack-1-2 pots of Total 0% Greek fat yogurt.

Does this sound right? so im not weighing anything, can have unlimited poultry, fish etc.

I really want this to work as have around 3-4st to lose!

Im going tomorrow to Zizzi's for my Friends birthday and dont know what to eat as i will be starting th Cruise phase from Sat. Pls advise

Well done slimseaa :) You dont have to weigh anything, If Im hungry Ill eat a HUGE whole chicken breast and other days a kilo of mince , Naughty me!! but I can say Im not 1/2 as much hungry as I used to be :) :)
Sorry I have no idea what Zizzi's is so cant help you there chicken :)
Your doing well keep it up!!! xxxxxxxx

Hi Maintainer, thank you.

I hope im doing this diet right, ive been slowly reading the book and trying to take it all in, only think ive lost 2lbs since Friday (Attack Phase), i have PCOS, so doctor did say its extremely hard to lose weight as well and can take longer than normal.

Ive been having Breakfast- Oatbran Gallette or Oatbran with Milk,
Dinner-Boiled chicken/marinated Chicken with coriander, fat free yogurt, chilli powder, tumeric and garam masala or just plain boiled or Salmon Fillets.with a squueze of lemon juice, garlic paste maybe.

Does this sound right? so im not weighing anything, can have unlimited poultry, fish etc.

Im going tomorrow to Zizzi's for my Friends birthday and dont know what to eat as i will be starting th Cruise phase from Sat. Pls advise

it doesn't sound like you're eating that much to me - I wonder if you are eating enough? - but then if you are losing, must be ok.

Ive been having Breakfast- Oatbran Gallette or Oatbran with Milk, FINE

Try to find tuna in water, rather than brine I don't know how you managed to eat a tin on its own... I think you need something else here... were you not hungry after?

All looks fine

Fine

Absolutely yes... and try out some recipes else you might get bored quite quickly.

I just looked at Zizzi's and it's not the best place for dieting I see (looks fab though). Basically, if you have pasta, potatoes, olive oil, etc you'll undo whatever you've lost this week, so I can only recommend sticking to steak + salad; or salmon + salad...

Shame! It would have been better starting after this meal, particularly if you're not going to be able to avoid the delights of this restaurant!

Thanks Maintainer :).... Well, i went to Zizzi's and basically told the waiter that all i wanted was Chicken, with no oil, with Balsamic Vinegar and I had it with leafy salad and onions i know not allowed during attack, but couldn't have anything else). Didnt have any carbs, desserts etc, was really good.

We are allowed Balsamic Vinegar aren't we?

Back