Consolidation Dukan Did It...DukanNotSoFattys Conso Story

Happy birthday L xxx

Okay Karin where are you - don't make m start to worry lovely lady......... Sure you are just resting after DD birthday celebrations but give us one line so we know you are okay and rocking!!! xxxxx

Was about to write a where are you post myself Trudy. This is not like you Karin....even if its 11 at night you squeeze a post in xxx hope all is ok xxx

Karin..? I'm hoping it's just that your computer connection is done! Lovely to "see" your pic!
Come back and talk to us
x

KARIN, KARIN, KARIN, KARIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please - where are you! xxx

I'm here, I'm here......its been manic this weekend, blimey, none stop.

Will quickly post this and start another post so you see me Mwah.............bless you all for worrying, luv you all xxxx

Sooooooooooooo lets see.

Friday:

DD home, I was almost in tears waiting for the bus to arrive, so excited to see her. she looked so tired bless her and very rosy cheeked. Didn't get home till nearly 5pm, and then with present opening and cards etc., and the little trick I played on her for her present it took us to teatime. We had got her a contract phone for her birthday, it coincides with her starting high school in September and we feel its essential as she is going to be travelling buses etc., Anyway, she had said she wanted a phone like mine, so I got out my old box, bought a pink princess plastic play phone and wrapped it up in the box LOL.......her face was a picture. So funny.

Tea was Pizza and Birthday cake, I decided to bring forward my Celebration Meal and felt quite yuk at the end of it. Didn't enjoy the pizza, it tasted funny. And halfway through the cake and icing realised it was just too sweet for me. Finished it all off with some chipsticks.....yum! not the healthiest of meals, but I didn't have seconds LOL.

I never even switched the computer on, just too tired and so much else happening.

Saturday:

Dance class in the morning, getting ready for the party, hair, nails, makeup, then off we go. Party was a huge success, lots of running around by the kids and me!!! I was absolutely shattered by the end of it. Then home to DD opening the presents and cards she got from the party....with 60 kids invited, that was a lot to go through. Finally got her to bed nearly 11pm. I wasn't long after her. Dukan food all good choices, I didn't even have a single piece of birthday cake.....yay me!!!

Sunday:

Fathers Day, woke hubby with tea and present. Slow start to the day then out for lunch (late) I had a salmon salad and the only naughty thing was that they had decorated the plate edge with halved grapes. I reckon there was about 10 grapes halved and I did eat them with the meal.....Oops, norty I know, but I decided in the scheme of things it wasn't a huge deal. Didn't get back til nearly 8pm, got DD to bed. Then wasn't long in following.

I've been really really tired this last few days. Part of it I think to start was that I didn't sleep full nights whilst DD was away, then the stress and running around of birthday things etc., I think its just caught up with me. I did wonder though if the reintroduction of some carbs has had anything to do with it.

I haven't weighed since mid last week, I decided seeing the daily ups and downs were not helpful so have left it to once a week. I've done everything according to the rules, I think. I've bamboozled myself a little bit with remembering the bread and when to have it LOL. Make a lovely cheesy Dukan bread the other day, I shall definitely be having that again.

I thank all of you for being concerned, and Trudy for chasing me on Facebook, LOL, seriously though I really do appreciate it, you are all amazing people and I promise to try not to do that again, I'll pop in with a one liner if need be. xxx

Ahhh lovely to read you again. It's true that disappearances on this site tend to have more worrying food reasons, so I was particularly glad to read that it wasn't the case for you. Your daughter sounds as if she had some real treats this weekend. I hope the weigh in is kind and, if not, please don't worry / start correcting things etc etc. As you say, you've done it right, and if your body reacts to this reintroduction by hanging onto some of it, or retaining some extra water, so be it. It will all settle in time.
x

Well said maintainer, promise u will listen karin?! Likely the scales will have gone down or sts but everyone is different!!! Great to read u karin! Xxxx

I promise to do my best and believe in the diet.............. LOL. :D

Weigh in the morning 11st 7¼lb. So that's only an increase of a quarter pound from my target weight, 1¾lb gain from the day I reached True Weight, if I look at my weigh in last Tuesday its actually a loss. Sooooo.....I did good :D

Off to pick up my princess now, see you later for more in depth update.

Hmmm had a bit of a sweetie fix just now....so so naughty. Didn't eat loads, just took a handful from DD sweet box and sat and ate them with my two slices of toast. Sat here desperately trying not to run back to the kitchen for something else.....got the munchies quite bad. Grrrr.

Sooo, a slow easy day, made a card for my workshop girls to follow and do on Thursday. Made 2 necklaces and a bracelet. Got two fayres in a few weeks so I need to sort some stock so need to get a wriggle on and get the boxes out. Might get a chance to have a look tomorrow.

Not a lot else to say to be honest, one of those days where its been nice and quiet....apart from my blip tonight all is good.

Phew! I'm very relieved cos it's such a shame when the scales don't play our game! Those munchies are a real pain. If it's a regular evening occurrence, perhaps you might try my latest trick. I keep a supply of 125ml pots of fat free aromatised yoghurts in the freezer, so I take one out 15 mins or so before I want it, and slowly eat (cos it's impossible to eat it faster!) a sorbet/icecream... delicious!

sounds like an idea for me there Joanne, munchies threatening tonight again, not sure if its cos my body is trying to get me to eat, or if its just that time of month again. Have decided to use last night and tonight's blips as my starch and gala meal allowance days, I know they aren't strictly the right foods etc for those allowances, but I can't let it get to me ....so that means its all used up for the week now, got to stick to plan if I don't want to see a norty scale number on Tuesday. Feel quite bloated now too, daft cos its always the same. The binges don't do us any good, and at the time we really don't think about it, but the once we've eaten its a case of the guilts. I have a couple of those yogurts in the fridge, may just transfer to the freezer tonight so I have one handy for next time I am struggling.

Muffins all made and waiting for tomorrow, jelly in the fridge so no reason to lose it for the rest of the week, esp if it is my hormones.

Made a few pieces of jewellery today for the fayre and managed to alter and refresh some old cards that have been in my box to sell for a long time, changed them about a bit so hopefully they'll sell now.

Gonna go pop and see what the rest of the board is up to. It seems quiet.

It's true that "hunger" does strike, now that we're no longer in ketosis, and dealing with it is one of the (many) issues we face in our future lives without Dukan :) Keeping busy is a good option so well done for revamping those cards to sell... When is your Fayre?

Thanks Joanne, I've got a school summer Fair on 4th July and then a Craft fair on 6th July. I have two boxes of jewellery one for school and kids stuff and then the other more adult stuff, but there has to be a bit of a cross over so I need to make sure I have enough stuff for both. As for cards, I haven't done a lot in recent months so revamping that little pile has given me a few to add to the box. I've made a couple of necklaces yesterday and tonight I've done 6 new bracelets. Basic stuff really.

Joanne, I froze one of the yogurts tonight, got it out in advance and oh my god............so gorgeous. Because I know I can have fruit now I bought a strawberry flavour one, and it was soooo delish. Far more tasty and refreshing than the ice cream ones yesterday.

So today has been a good Dukan day....although my meal choices didn't exactly follow my menu but hey ho, still all good.

BF Porridge with Rhubarb and Yogurt with chopped up apple.
LN Prawn Salad with Dukan Bread....
SN Muffin with greek yogurt.
TE Thai Burgers and 1 turkey sausage with salad, Muffins Goji Berries in Custard (Tol x 2)
SP Crabstix with cheese and toast and frozen yogurt.

I think I've had a lot today, it was just one of those days where I couldn't have all my food at each meal so it got split up. I've clicked with salad dressing too, daft at this late stage, but fromage frais with some spices or herbs and a bit of lemon or lime juice. Did it tonight with lime juice and chilli spices....hmmm was lovely.

Had my friends come for a card workshop today and I cut them all a piece of birthday cake, I resisted and didn't have any. good eh?

That last sentence of yours knocked me out! amazing! At target weight, looking fab, offering cake to you guests and not having the smallest sliver yourself? You're amazing!
I've become pretty addicted to those frozen yoghurts, I admit. I've even discovered that letting them defrost for differing lengths of time before attacking it (with the smallest teaspoon you own of course!) varies the pleasure too.
Have a good conso weekend
x

Hahaha I always eat dessert with a teaspoon lol thought it wad only me prolonging the pleasure xxx Karen your my shining light your a star xxx

LOL Joanne, I have now had them twice, that's all I had in the freezer, but I can see me buying half a dozen a week LOL, soooo tasty. The vanilla one tonight wasn't out as long as the strawberry one but seemed softer, it might depend what's in them how they defrost. But I am definitely so grateful for the idea, it tastes like real ice cream and I don't feel like I am missing out. Thank you Joanne.

Joanne and Sid, I too use a teaspoon, it definitely makes it last longer LOL.

So didn't get on yesterday cos am so busy making some jewellery stuff for the two fairs coming up....got loads done today as well. Making a lot of child stuff for the first fair, and necklaces and large bead bracelets for the village craft fair....first time I've done this one so am a bit nervous about having the right amount and balance of things LOL.

Well I really really cocked up yesterday. At the start of the week I had that blip with sweets and chocolates and had originally decided that I would pretend they were my starch and CM day...but I also really realised I couldn't do that as I would just end up setting a standard and no way am I doing that.........so I stuck to my original plan of having my starch on weds which was a small portion of pasta in my Pasta Primavera...very yum. But, yesterday I was making tea for the family, and I was having a piece of salmon with steamed veg....whilst making their tea I was doing homemade chips and though oh... I'll have some for my starch as I haven't had it yet because I wasn't going to have it but now I am.........(does that make sense) anyway, sat eating and my DD says 'are you supposed to have that mummy?' I said yes, its my starch...she said 'I thought you had pasta the other day' OH MY GOD.......I totally forgot and that just blooming serves me right.

If I hadn't have had the daft blip in the first place I wouldn't have been up and down about having the starch etc., So I can only hope and keep fingers crossed that I am not going to have a gain on Monday with all my stupid messing up.

Next week is soooo gonna be a better week. Am so determined to make it work.

A friend of Hubby's came round today, and whilst they were looking at the bike, hubby had obviously told him he had to come see me, see how much i'd lost. Bless him, he walked down the garden shouting 'hey mum...hubby says I've got to see you' then pretended to be taken aback...but for real said well done, looking great.

I have been tired this week though, actually its been about 10 days I feel tired a lot, do you think it could be the carbs, I seem to remember someone mentioning it not long ago about feeling tired after having started eating carbs again. Anyway, I've decided I'm going to leave it for a total of a month, give my body chance to get back to being used to carbs and if its still not better I am going to doctors to see about my iron levels. Last year I had low ferritin levels and was on iron tablets, I realised after I'd started the tablets that I had been tired a lot.

Right off for a quick look at diaries and then tub up my yogurt before bed. Taking DD to Build a Bear tomorrow so she can spend some of her birthday money on a birthday bear.

Back