Dukan diet

Great post Seraphine. x

Thanks guys - I was afraid I was going to get eggs thrown at me for that one...

coming your way ;)

(((((ducking))))))

:)

throwing bunnies?????:33:

snowballs are harder :D

Snowballs don't hurt me... I grew up in Canada! :tongue:

Seriously though - I don't mean to lecture or be hurtful! I did a lot of reading here before joining this board, and used to belong to a different low carb board years ago and the same things were said then - I just see post after post of people trying it, adding their own "twists" to it, finding it doesn't work, then quitting.

Nothing works quickly - Atkins, admittedly, works quicker than a lot of plans out there, but we all have to expect lulls now and then. One big one for me was when I would hit a weight I'd spent a long time at previously. The first time I ate low-carb, I did brilliantly for the first stone, then got stuck. Then I realised I'd hit the weight that I'd spent 5 years at before I'd gotten heavy... I think my body was just thinking it was already at my target! But I kept going, sticking to plan, and you know, it shifted and it came off!

I've always preferred eating this way, yet travel and pregnancies have gotten in the way, and a lot of damage (fat) was done in the meantime. So while I started my low-carb journey 8 years ago, it's not like I spent the whole time LC'ing! If I did, I might not be in this fix today.

I'm only going by what I read - in sigs and people's info boxes, and what they are putting in their meal plans - there's a lot of people doing their own thing with Atkins (including lots of alcohol, which plays with your sugar levels like crazy!), and when it doesn't work, rather than going back to the original plan, most people just seem to want to leave LC entirely.

So I'll get off my soapbox, hoping people don't get too mad at me, but I'm just being honest with what I see. I'm trying to do this as written because I know it works - it's worked before for me, and I can do it again! But there's rules to it, and if I want to be thin, I can't bend them and expect to get to my goal.

(((am going off to do the school run... hope my screen isn't cracked by the time I return....)))`

Good luck ladies!
Jim, you cant get rid of me that easily ;) x

LOL Red.

and yet another really good post from Seraphina.

nor me lol.

Well not at the moment anyway - I would be very interested to find out how you all get on though

It's going to be soooo quiet on here!

are you tring to say we are loud ;)

as if Vicky ;)

You've got no chance Linz, you don't get rid of us that easily lol ;)

FINE Linz :( whatever :(

;)

Back