Dukan diet

You would miss her if she really went! ;)

Ok so hear i go. First of all im not writing this to upset anyone and i am only talking for myself. Yes atkins was fab for my weight loss but then i started getting palpitations, very strange how these go when i stopped following atkins rule for rule and ate less fat. Some diets work for some people and others for others. I do not for a second, think this gives us a right to comment or judge anyone for this. I do believe that we all do things for our own reasons but to pick apart someones choice i think is a tad on the rude side. Im sure you werent meaning to but to but it does sound a little like this and has upset a few. People make their own deisions and right or wrong (as im sure your parents told you) you have to learn from your own mistakes. Not all diets are good for you but hey ho life isnt good for us. If the cardiologists can recommend nothing but meat and eggs as a diet for people who are very overweight and needing heart surgery thus their hearts being weaker and not able to cope with any strain then im sure the dukan will be fine for a while.

You would miss her if she really went! ;)

Yeah well maybe... but don't tell her that! :D

Ok so hear i go. First of all im not writing this to upset anyone and i am only talking for myself. Yes atkins was fab for my weight loss but then i started getting palpitations, very strange how these go when i stopped following atkins rule for rule and ate less fat. Some diets work for some people and others for others. I do not for a second, think this gives us a right to comment or judge anyone for this. I do believe that we all do things for our own reasons but to pick apart someones choice i think is a tad on the rude side. Im sure you werent meaning to but to but it does sound a little like this and has upset a few. People make their own deisions and right or wrong (as im sure your parents told you) you have to learn from your own mistakes. Not all diets are good for you but hey ho life isnt good for us. If the cardiologists can recommend nothing but meat and eggs as a diet for people who are very overweight and needing heart surgery thus their hearts being weaker and not able to cope with any strain then im sure the dukan will be fine for a while.

Great post from you too Cheryl.xxxx

Oh and Linz...............you'll never get any peace from us!!!!!!!

:8855: I don't doubt that at all babes. xx

Thanks Cheryl for a different perspective on this hun. Like you said, the same diet doesn't work for everybody! Since eating less fat in the last two days, my runs have stopped (sorry everyone but it wasn't good!) I really think I don't do too well with very high fat. I also didn't really seem to be getting anywhere fast. I know weight loss should not be rushed but some results for your hard work is encouraging. I did do Atkins properly, I never cheated apart from the occasional glass of wine, wich I don't think is going to stall me that much. I say everybody to their own and what suits them best. It's not always an easy decision to make but at least don't knock it until you've tried it as they say lol. It may be that the Dukan diet will be no better for me but I'm at least willing to try!

i am also hoping my 'squits' stop when i cut out the fat. if the dukan isnt for me then i can try different diets till i find the right one for me. atm i have had enough of fatty food, had enough of having the squits. it gets to a point now that after 20 minutes eating i am scared to fa*t unless im on the toilet! i have had enough and will keep trying untill i find the right diet. atkins maybe good for some but it isnt the way for me atm.

Some diets work for some people and others for others. I do not for a second, think this gives us a right to comment or judge anyone for this. I do believe that we all do things for our own reasons but to pick apart someones choice i think is a tad on the rude side. Im sure you werent meaning to but to but it does sound a little like this and has upset a few.

Cheryl, you are absolutely right. I was out of line, and I'm so sorry.

In my frenzy to post before I lost my train of thought, I forgot how you described how it was the heart palpitations that were making you want to try something else. I didn't keep that in my mind when I referenced your signature - you were losing weight doing what you were doing, so why leave? It's none of my business, and I'm sorry I didn't keep my mouth shut. Of course, your health is a priority, so if something isn't right of course you should find something else that works.

I'm sorry I generalised, and wish you all the best with your journey :)

Like i said there IS a diet out there that suits everyone and trial and error is the only way to find it. Good luck on your journey, hopefully i'll be back with some great news soon. xx

Full in agreement here too girls. Ive been feeling sick with all the fat and tbh im sick of cheese (omg id never think id hear myself say that) and the main reason i did atkins was cos you could eat cheese.
Ive got my shopping in for monday and wow im sure ill have less comments. Love you all but Im really looking forward to some new motivation and a change is what I need right now xxxx

Looking forward to hearing all of your results, have any of you started yet or are you still clearing Atkins food from the fridge?

hiya ladies

whats the main difference between the diets then.

Stephen

From what i gather dukan is high protien and low fat. Where have you been hiding Steve? Starting on Mon, ive been eating atkins but lower fat and have lots 3lb in 3days so far.

lol i have been doing that then for a while i do try and eat as less sat fat as i can but keeping carbs to a max of 40g a day

Good luck girls! I'll be watching your progress with interest. I've switched back and forth between calorie counting & low carb before when I've hit a wall or just got so bored, sometimes a change brings back some of that determination and resolve that you've lost.

Of course, a bit of friendly criticism can have the same effect! :D

No i didnt Steve. I started doing this instead. Is it any good?
Lm, i get criticism from friends but is it friendly????? Hmmm leaves me wondering. Pmsl

Back