Dukan Do It....

To be honest Sid, yes I do. I have loved this diet from the start, wish I'd started when my mum first started praising it herself. But...there was obviously a right time for me and last June was it.

I have loved making lots of new recipes, discovering herb/spice uses, learning about protein and carb and how they effect our bodies.

Totally loved the effects of losing weight, no longer out of breath going up the stairs, esp when going up the two flights in our house. I can actually go up the stairs two at a time and hadn't done that for years. I had actually reached a point where going up both flights put me so out of breath that my chest would hurt, a physical pain in my chest. I did get scared about that and I knew I needed to lose weight.

I have suffered a bad back for years, long before gaining weight, but the weight obviously didn't help. Since losing the first couple of stone, i don't think I've had any foot numbing twinges. Occasionaly tweak but nothing serious.

Dropping 4 dress sizes both top and bottom. I really can't ever remember buying a size 16 in trousers, though I must have done over twenty years ago...but don't remember.
Fitting in to theatre chairs. Being able to sit with legs crossed and not get a dead leg. Squeezing thru gaps I couldn't before. Having more energy. Seeing my shape alter and getting a waist. Feeling more confident in myself. I don't feel as though people are staring at me any more. I'm not ashamed any more.

The list is endless, all the different changes physically that have meant having to buy new items from bra's to trousers, even the shoes that fit better.

I'm not saying it all been plain sailing, there have been moments of weakness and the christmas crash!!! But for the moments of needing something I have been able to control the treat. Choc Bar Ice Creams have been a life saver. When I do have one, usually at a half stone treat, it gives me the taste of chocolate and a sugar treat. I've had the odd single sweet or little chocolate, but I haven't let it get out of control. And I think that has been a massive achievement for me.

The restrictions on this diet are what I needed. The 'no forbidden foods' diets obviously didn't work for me, just having one did hurt in the past, because it always led to 2 and 3 and more. I didn't want another diet where i had to 'count' something. I've done calories, points, syns. All worked for a very short time, I lost weight but then put it back on and more. Being 18st made me cry, being 17st made me cry, but didn't stop me eating and getting heavier.

Seeing my parents both do the diet and succeed gave me the motivation and inspiration to have a go. Mum was a massive source of information and a huge support for me. Always helped me and answered loads of questions. Thanks Mum xxx

Does that answer your question Siddy Sue lol....sorry i kind of got carried away there. But thats how passionate I feel about this. I will lose that last stone, and i will be 11st 7lb. And I will never ever ever ever be a fat blimp again.

What a fabulous post (and gosh aren't you a night owl!). I really enjoyed reading it and it reminded me of a lot of the weight loss benefits I now take for granted again.
When I read new people planning a day off on week 2 or 3, I cringe because we all know how much damage (more mental than physical) such a thing has at the outset of a restrictive diet like this one. Discovering that treats don't only need to be of the food variety, and that our confidence brims over without the prop of alcohol is fabulous too!
You're a great inspiration on the site too and you always have a kind word.
As for your last sentence - I absolutely know you will get there too!
x

Thank you Jo. yes I do kind of get late to bed, a failing I need to rectify but its a hard habit to break. :D Even when i sign off here I still end up reading my book for a while. I went two whole months before I had a treat, and it was planned from the start because it was my birthday.....and because I had grown some potatoes and wanted one for my tea as a jacket potato LOL. I had chocolates and didn't enjoy them, but I did like my ice cream. :D

Bless you for saying about inspiration,:heartpump: I do like to try and encourage people because we all need an extra bit of support every now and then, but I don't do any more or less than the rest of you.

Lost half a pound this morning, bit of a shock but obv very pleased.

Have woken with a horrid cold thou, all snotty and my eyes stinging. Keep sneezing. Hopefully it will be a bit better in the morning. DD and I are going food shopping together, usually I do tues/wed/thur mornings at different shops, mainly because they are all on the way home from school run in a slightly different way, so it helps get the bits then. But being on school holidays means I aren't driving that way so its a special trip. Have told DD she can have her own shopping list that way hopefully she won't get bored.

Oh Karin have loved catching up on your diary, very well done on your massive achievement xxx

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED YOU POST XXX tHATS THE TYPE OF POST WHICH MOTIVATES NEWBIES AND ENCOURAGES US LONGER MEMBERS TO KEEP GOING MASSIVE HUGS SENT TO YOU kARIN XXX I typing in the dark again lol xxx

Oh Karin have loved catching up on your diary, very well done on your massive achievement xxx
Thank you Jo, I'm so excited at the moment, really really can't wait to reach that goal.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED YOU POST XXX tHATS THE TYPE OF POST WHICH MOTIVATES NEWBIES AND ENCOURAGES US LONGER MEMBERS TO KEEP GOING MASSIVE HUGS SENT TO YOU kARIN XXX I typing in the dark again lol xxx

Lol siddy sue, you do make me laugh, I really do want to meet you one day. I'm glad it motivates, we all need a push don't we. I love reading diaries and menus etc., I don't always comment properly, but its nice to see how other people are doing.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Realised this morning I hadn't posted any of my menus so far this week so I'll post the whole thing in a minute.

Lost ¼lb this morning, even with this horrid cold and sucking on lockets and SF halls menthols. Nose blocked and sinus aching. Hopefully won't last long thou.

I had my 5½st treat tonight, had to wait till I'd been shopping, but had my Crunchie Ice Cream Bar........oh yum. So lovely. I was feeling a bit norty and wanted to have another, but i didn't........I stayed in control. :D

Can't believe half the first week of holidays is gone. It flies by.

here is my menu for the week,
MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
[h=1][/h]
[h=1]P/P[/h]P/VP/PP/VP/PP/VP/P
[h=2]Breakfast [/h]Oatbran Porridge
Yogurt
Coffee
[h=2]Breakfast [/h]Oatbran Porridge Rhubarb
Yogurt
Coffee
Yogurt
Coffee
Yogurt
Coffee
Yogurt
Coffee
Yogurt
Coffee
[h=2]Breakfast [/h]Oatbran Hearty Porridge
Yogurt
Coffee
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Turkey Burgers 2
Fried Eggs 2
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Veg n Ham Omelette
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Boiled Eggs
Toast
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Seaweed Rolls
Crabmeat/Salmon
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Meat Sandwich
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Omlette Rolls
Tom/Cuc filling
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Lunch[/h]Egg Sandwich
Coffee

Dukan Bread/Cake
[h=3]Tea[/h]Flat Scotch Egg
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Sticky Chicken
Veg Stir Fry
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Fish & Prawn Korma
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Beef n Egg Salad
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Kebab BBQ
Cottage Mix
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Chicken & Rasher Salad
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Tea[/h]Sticky Beef
Cottage Mix
Coffee
Jelly/Yogurt
[h=3]Supper[/h]Sweet Omelettes
Mussels
Tea
[h=3]Supper[/h]Cheese Cake
Tails
Tea
[h=3]Supper[/h]Sponge Meringue
Prawns
Tea
Crabsticks
Tea
Mussels
Tea
Crabsticks
Tea
Prawns
Tea

yummy yummy xxx

Karin, so glad you enjoyed your Crunchie ice-cream, me darlin'!

As for being in control, seriously, no-one tops you. You've nailed it, flower : D

Mwah
P x

Morning, Afternoon, Evening......phew that day went quick. had friends round to make cards, still got a snotty nose and sinus head. Hubby spent most of day in bed with huge pain in his side, though bless him he did manage to do some job trolling and found three to apply for...having to start looking further afield. Originally aimed for 50mile radius, not widened to 70mile. But its a lot of fuel, but as I keep saying, once he is in a job he can still keep looking.

Lost ¾lb this morning, having a good week so far, but feel its about to change. Body just feels heavy and yuk. it could just be the cold but me thinks its my hormones about to rage again. We'll see.

So the dilemma of the weekend, easter chocolate..........to have or not to have. I haven't got an egg, though I have bought one for DD and DH. But I do have a small box of Lindor chocs that was bought for me by the teacher at school to say thanks. Also have some snickers bars with extra caramel I bought on offer the other day for the family as a pudding treat on Sunday. So I have a selection to choose from (only plan on one choc) But....part of me really doesn't want to risk the consequences, and other part of me thinks....hmmm chocolate. :D If i don't have, will I crave, and if I do have, will I regret.

Hmmm I might have to see how I feel on Sunday. Don't want to jeapodise Monday's WI.

Made some cheesecakes today, 3 eggs and 150g of cottage cheese. Made 8 small muffin size 'cakes' and ended up eating the lot. Feels very decadant but not bad for 3 eggs and 150g dairy. I intended splitting between two days, but nahhh not worth it. LOL.

Lovely Karin, we regret the things we don't do!

IF IF IF IF you decide to have chocolate, then don't let guilt spoil it for you.

Happy Easter, me darlin' :D

P x

Karin give it all to DD and just ask her for one then if you want more youll just feel like your greading her chocys xxx have a great Easter and get well soon xxx

Ha, love the idea of giving them to DD, hmmmm but then she will already have soooo much. LOL. I'm gonna have some, have decided. I know I can do it without losing it.

So today I lost ¼lb and have lost my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok thats not as bad as it sounds LOL. :D

For a long time, every time I started a diet, my aim was to lose what my daughter weighed. of course as the last ten years have gone by and she gains weight, I needed to lose more and more. I've been asking her to get weighed every couple of days for the last week, and this morning her weight equalled my loss 5st 9¼lb. I picked her up in my arms, and WOW, I was carrying that around....after a couple of minutes I had to put her down. We really don't realise the pressure we put our knees and joints under with all that weight.

So i have finally achieved a massive goal..........lots of smaller ones have been ticked off the list, but this is the first of my Goal Date targets. Next is TW so i can go summer shopping with my Mum. Actually I'm changing that, every goal is a big one as we all know how difficult it is to lose weight, so I will say I have achieved one of my End Goals. Two main ones left to go, BMI into normal and TW by June.

Ooo I could add the cat to it now couldn't I LOL. Well done kell, we are a pair of losers eh.....nice one xx

Losers .........lol xxx

Losers .........lol xxx

What Sid said!

P x

Big ones!

Takes one to know one though wouldn't you agree :D :D

Not such a loser this morning though, gained ¼lb. One of those things, water/hormones/the chip I had LOL ;)

Have made some tofu puddings today using Joanne's recipe, intending on having them whilst DD and DH are eating their sweets whilst we watch Dr Who.

Have downloaded a Dukan app I found onthe play store, no clue what its like yet as only just done it. Wanted something new to play about with, might be of some use. The waterlog app is definately worth its weight.............I never realised how much fluids I really was drinking, counting it properly I have defiantely been having my 2ltrs and more a day.

Back