Dukan Do It....

I've really enjoyed catching up on your diary Karin, and can't wait to check out your recipe thread! You really are an inspiration to us all. I love the way you analyse your daily weight losses and gains, and I'm glad to see you also found cutting down on diary a good thing as target weight approaches (I don't think it's necessary otherwise though.) As for smoked salmon, while I love it, I wish it loved me more. My OH has recently become a smoked salmon "snob" - we picked up a couple of packets of "nice" smoked salmon with 50% off (making it the price of the lower quality stuff). My word the difference in colour and taste was tremendous. Did I gain less weight because of it? I couldn't honestly say because I ate so much cr*p that week BUT the expensive stuff definitely tastes less salty!

Not far to go... you might well find you're closer to target than you think. How exciting!!

I've really enjoyed catching up on your diary Karin, and can't wait to check out your recipe thread! You really are an inspiration to us all. I love the way you analyse your daily weight losses and gains, and I'm glad to see you also found cutting down on diary a good thing as target weight approaches (I don't think it's necessary otherwise though.) As for smoked salmon, while I love it, I wish it loved me more. My OH has recently become a smoked salmon "snob" - we picked up a couple of packets of "nice" smoked salmon with 50% off (making it the price of the lower quality stuff). My word the difference in colour and taste was tremendous. Did I gain less weight because of it? I couldn't honestly say because I ate so much cr*p that week BUT the expensive stuff definitely tastes less salty!

Not far to go... you might well find you're closer to target than you think. How exciting!!

Bless you Jo, thank you for that. I must admit I think I analyse the losses/gains because I try to convince myself a reason why something has happened, LOL, but in all honesty it does actually help me to focus on what I need to do. The smoked Salmon issue is a sad one for me, I love the stuff too....my fave lunch is salmon pate, BUT...its only till TW and then I can eat the salmon products in the freezer. I tend to buy Asda cheapy stuff which is all the trimmings, but I can imagine the sheets of it are delicious. Also the quorn, I stopped eating it after our last conversation about what might be added to the items, and have loads in the freezer so that will be back on the menu once at TW.

I was really struggling last night, I desperately wanted to eat something at suppertime but was determined to have a loss this morning and be good. I didn't have any sugar free sweets yesterday either, in a bid to stop the windy effect :D

This morning a loss of 1¾lb....so that's yesterdays gain gone plus a little bit. 4lb to go now............ooooo getting excited. I've actually started reading the conso bit again and even worked out a menu plan...blank of course for now. I have decided to have my PP day on a Monday as this will be easier for me. Saturday is going to be my Celebration meal and Wednesday a starch meal. That way everything has a full day or two between days. I will change my official weigh day to a Tuesday instead of it being Monday like now.

Tried on some new bra's in Asda today, what a lark, I tried two sizes on with different cup sizes, one (the smaller one) fit better on the back but the cup was wrong, when I bent forward I nearly fell out of it LOL, and the larger one looked silly. I will have to keep trying and go to different places. Only thing that did upset me was the overhanging skin under my arms....but I am going to trust in Dr D as he says it can take 6 months for the skin to go back to normal. I hope so cos this flappy skin is annoying LOL.

Dukan Food today

BF Porridge/Rhubarb and Yogurt
LN Omlette rolls with chicken and onion (spreading a LC triangle on it first..yum) and Muffin with the Dukan bread that didn't rise cos forgot baking powder :)
TE Beef strips (again!!!!) and Turkey Burgers with Salad and Jelly
SP Don't know...we'll see

Exciting is an understatement, 4lb to go 4llb to go lalalalalalalal 4lb to go xxx

Siddy Sue I do believe you are as excited as I am............def gonna be texting you if it goes past 25th won't I. LOL. Problem is I have to tell myself not to get too worked up each day I get on the scales. I know its not going to be massive losses every day. The last week has been a different kettle of fish cos I changed the dairy and cos of hormones I think. If it continues the way it has been I could be at TW before the end of the week LOL, but I know realistically its not going to do that. One day at a time though, LOL

You had better text me xxx if I miss you tw day I think id flippin cry lol xxx

I PROMISE TO TEXT YOU ANYWAY HUNNI. Regardless of the day...........and yes that was meant to be in capitals to show how much I mean my promise xxx

Awwww big hugs xxx

You'll have to send me your mobile P so I can text you too.....cos I don't always get chance to come on first thing.

1lb lost this morning, and according to the charts I am now 'Normal' BMI....I am no longer overweight....as we get older we shrink in our heights which would mean our BMI changes, is that really fair LOL. I know I have shrunk at least a quarter inch over the last twenty years but I don't want to shrink anymore or become overweight again LOL. Daft subject I know, but one that's been on my mind recently.

Soooooo its getting 'closer'....'closer'...as Dr Lecter says LOL.

I watched the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night, what a lovely film. So nice to see lots of great British actors. And I just love the saying that the young man keeps saying.

''It'll be alright in the end, and if it isn't alright, it's not yet the end''. I think that's ace, definitely one way to be positive about something.

Dukan food today is a bit of a recipe fest.

BF Porridge and yogurt
LN Chicken and Vegetable soup with egg drop noodles / Dukan Bread Pastrami Sandwich / Muffins (soup and sandwiches....yum)
TE Chicken Korma with vegetable noodles / jelly n yogurt.
SP none if not needed.

I'm having the soup because I made some a while back and froze it in individual portions, in sorting the freezer yesterday I came across the last tub so decided to defrost one of those bags of chicken from last week and add the two together for todays lunch. But cos I like my bread I thought I'd make a sandwich too and have soup and sandwiches.

The vegetable noodles are just Onion and Pepper sliced down top to bottom, into small thin strips. A carrot peeled into strips using potato peeler and then mushrooms cut into thin strips. Once these cook it will all be long thin noodle shapes, then I'll serve with korma tipped over the top.

Just updated my avatar with a pretty number ;)

Looks that way eh Sara, LOL....just impatient to have it done now LOL.

I was a good girl tonight, I promised DD that on the last day of SATS she could have MacDonald's for tea.......so off we go and both DH and DD get Double Cheeseburger and Fries and a McFlurry, the smell on the drive home was divine....and I was soooo jealous. I did steal one single chip and that was it, I made my Chicken Korma and Rhubarb Crumble for pudding.

I've fallen big style for the Rhubarb Crumble thou, sooo tasty. I remembered this time to mix a bit of sweetener in with the crumbed muffin on top. Very nice. Poured a bit of yogurt over the top and hey presto a lovely yummy pudding.

The smell of mickey d's (or the smell of fried chicken, skin on) trapped inside a car would try even a saint! Nice control, having just the one :D

And I waited till we were home before having that chip, and only because it fell out of the bag when I was putting theirs on a plate LOL.

The smell of mickey d's (or the smell of fried chicken, skin on) trapped inside a car would try even a saint! Nice control, having just the one :D

Eek no, I wouldn't cross the road for 'fast food'! Any other food would do it though ... ;)

P x

Well I misread your original post then - you actually are a saint! :D :worthy:

Silly, me no saint LOL :angeldevil: if I was I wouldn't have eaten the chip LOL.

P I love MacD chips and their Fillet o Fish, but we don't have them often cos of cost, but a promise is a promise, and DD loved it. I will have one in the future as a celebration meal, but not for a while, my first celebration meal will be Jacket Potato LOL, can't wait. Yum Yum.

I'm copying this into my diary from another thread because I think I may need the reminder in the future....from a post that Supertonic put in answer to another thread about losing weight in Conso....

So when I read how it is just as hard a job to stay at that new low weight as it was to lose it I thought....ah makes sense, but I can do it. I have this fear that I become just as obsessed with the scales as I have been during the diet, checking every morning to see if I have gained or stayed the same...not looking to lose obviously. But I worry that the little bits of carbs we are allowed to have with the cheese and bread etc., that all of a sudden I seem to be putting weight on and I will panic. But I have to tell myself, that my new weight is just that, its New. And like anything that we buy that's new, we look after it, we polish it and clean it and make sure we don't drop it. We keep it new and shiny and that's what I intend to do with my new weight...........its taken me twenty years to get here, and I will stay here. I will not let the numbers rule me. Just remind me of that in a month LOL when I do start panicking LOL. Think I might copy this into my diary as a reminder.

Silly, me no saint LOL :angeldevil: if I was I wouldn't have eaten the chip LOL.

P I love MacD chips and their Fillet o Fish, but we don't have them often cos of cost, but a promise is a promise, and DD loved it. I will have one in the future as a celebration meal, but not for a while, my first celebration meal will be Jacket Potato LOL, can't wait. Yum Yum.

I'm copying this into my diary from another thread because I think I may need the reminder in the future....from a post that Supertonic put in answer to another thread about losing weight in Conso....

So when I read how it is just as hard a job to stay at that new low weight as it was to lose it I thought....ah makes sense, but I can do it. I have this fear that I become just as obsessed with the scales as I have been during the diet, checking every morning to see if I have gained or stayed the same...not looking to lose obviously. But I worry that the little bits of carbs we are allowed to have with the cheese and bread etc., that all of a sudden I seem to be putting weight on and I will panic. But I have to tell myself, that my new weight is just that, its New. And like anything that we buy that's new, we look after it, we polish it and clean it and make sure we don't drop it. We keep it new and shiny and that's what I intend to do with my new weight...........its taken me twenty years to get here, and I will stay here. I will not let the numbers rule me. Just remind me of that in a month LOL when I do start panicking LOL. Think I might copy this into my diary as a reminder.

Fantastic, love it and so true xxx

Bought my rhubarb today, Tell you what thou.....I am becoming a food police officer, when I'm standing behind folk in the queue I cant help but analyse there basket, I look at them and the food they buy. how horrible is that. Mind you if anyone does it to mine they would look at me and say ' oh yes look at all the chocolate cake and biscuits for her and her skinny husbands fresh fruit and veg and lean meat................ how wrong would they be, any ways back to rhubarb mmmm cant wait to eat mine. Such a treat, so why didn't I eat more of it all my life?

Back