Dukan Do It....

Keep going lovely it will be gone in no time - wish I only had four pounds to go - feeling like I am gaining daily atm but staying away from the scales for now and just getting into the routine of being on plan!!!! Will weigh in a week or two and see where I am!! LOL! When I think that I avoided weighing for years, now I can't keep away from the darn things!!! LOL! x

I invented the rhubarb muffin lol.... And the carrot cake muffin mmmmmm

Keep going hun, menu's are looking good x

Karin.....do you realise you were with me and hubby today as I was shopping lol did a shop and I WAS SO AWARE of being a sensible shopper. I would love to do all my shopping in one shop. I was in aldi today and you know their fat free yoghurts and low fat natural yoghurt the price saving if we could use them would be fab and there cottage cheese. Do you use them?

Trudy, the 4lb is to get back to pre hols weight, still got two stone after that to lose LOL. This diet is addictive though, I do have moments of weakness but it makes it easier to stick to when I know something is forbidden. Better for me.

Aw Sarah, bless you, its good to save eh...means we can buy a little bit more LOL. I don't buy the yogurts in aldi, well only the low fat greek.......its still not really that good as its over the percentages, but it tastes very nice and I have been using it for nearly the whole of the diet, cheaper than Asda too. I think I may have bought the toffee ones a couple of times in place of the muller one for making my muffins.

Ellie, your recipe is one of the ones I use, was very pleased with these ones. Yum. Will be makign again.

Lost 2lb on scales this morning (after staying the same yesterday). So thats back tothe 4.5stone loss, now need 1.75 and I'll be back to pre hols weight and can start going back down that hill.

I've been counting my protein grammes for the last couple of days cos I wanted to see what it worked out to, esp as that video I linked to said we should be eating equiv grames to our weight in kilos....well I am eating practically double that . Obv not a problem cos its still only a couple chicken breasts, some beef, dukan bread, yogurt a couple of times, 3-4 eggs and thats for starters. No clue what I was eating before on protein but its quite surprising how it adds up.

Official WI tomorrow, at best am hoping for STS but its a Monday...........so I bet i will gain at least half a pound based on todays loss. What do ya think LOL? See you tomorrow guys x

Good evening Karin well.........................whats the scales said???????????????????

Good evening Ms Sid, Well I stayed the same this morning, phew, was convinced Monday curse would strike, but it didn't. Am hoping i can shift this last 1.75 hols weight before end of the week otherwise i will have been heavier for a month Grrrr, blooming christmas food. My own fault I know, should never have gone overboard, I just couldn't resist all those lovely yummy at each party or event, oh well......its coming off verrreeeee slowly.

I have a new goal........an incentive. Every year Mum and I get to have a girly day out shopping whilst DD stays with GDad, I was talking to mum about lower sizes and she said how great it will be to go shopping for those sizes of clothes. Well I am making it my mission to make sure i am at TW by then (August, no reason why not) and to save some pennies (prob steal from my housekeeping LOL) to be able to re stock my wardrobe with the help of my Mum.

If it wasn't for Mum doing this diet first, and talking about it sooooo much (only joking Mum x) and her buying me the book, i would never have given this a go. Mum and then Dad have both reached their TW with Dr D and after a visit late last spring I decided to give it a go. It has literally changed my life, I feel lighter, more mobile, not out of breath, hardly ever bloated (except for the SF sweets LOL), apart from looking fantastic (yep blowing my trumpet) I have changed 3 sizes both top and bottom. I have two stone left to lose which will be at least another full size which will put me at a size in clothes I really really can't remember ever being....though I must have been once.

Thank you Mum and Dad for your support and for starting me on the road. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really need to up my exercise now so I can try to lose this all a wee bit faster.

Right off for a nosey round

well done. Great losses you should be very proud of yourself.

Fantastic positive post Karin xxx Its posts like that that help motivate and inspire newbies and us on conso too xxx Loved reading your post and tell your mam we are please she bought you the book, your helping us become better shoppers xxx and I mean that xxx Well Done:patback:

aw thanks guys. Sid, I love that you are sorting out your shopping, it really does work and saves money too. I nearly slipped today, cos of the snow yesterday (which I hate driving in) I knew today was a decent day and so was going to go shopping to aldi tonight, but realised it'll just mean next week I will be a day out. I will do my round of the shops tomorrow morning as usual. Then asda on thurs. Only need to do morrisons every couple of weeks. Have discovered their packs of sliced beef, yes I know its prepacked, but its only £1. No one else sells that much for that amount. So I'll buy a few and then freeze a couple of packs for next week.

I couldn't get weighed this morning. I tried. My scales are digital, you have to press the middle to switch them on, stand on and wait for the beep. I don't know about anyone else but I don't look at the scales when I get on until I hear the beep. Looked down this morning, saw it flash a number and then say Lo. That means the battery has gone, its only a few weeks since it went last time. But only had a cheap one at the time to replace.

So as I don't go shopping to Asda til thurs morning to buy one, it means I can't get weighed until Friday morning.....................well..............that is until I remembered my kitchen scales also have a square battery and there is absolutely NO WAY I can wait until friday morning for a weigh in. So have swapped the batteries. Enough power in the used one to operate my kitchen scales, and have now got ability to get my fix in the morning. LOL.

I don't know whats happening with me at the moment, but I don't seem to be moving on the scales, yes I know I lost 2lb the other day, but in the week I had gained most of that for no apparant reason, so it was really a loss of a gain.

I really want to get to original weight pre hols for Monday, no reason other than its long enough. I aren't sure if maybe I am eating a bit too much, just because i can. I need to try and remember to stop if I feel full, which is quite often LOL. I love my suppers too and maybe sometimes I could do without it.

Ahhh I don't know, ignore me, we all have moments of doubt and mine is that yet again I am doing something wrong. Slow but sure eh? Still I have my goal, must go change my info and give myself a nudge with it.

Karin you say are you eating too much??? as long as its Dukan you should be fine. Are you doing less exersise or not drinking enough??? could be something simple xxx

Karin you say are you eating too much??? as long as its Dukan you should be fine. Are you doing less exersise or not drinking enough??? could be something simple xxx

I don't know hun, I think its just me. I drink roughly 2litres every day, occasionally slightly more, and very very rarely a bit less, but never lower than 1.5ltrs. Exercise is practically non existant, but it has been the whole way throu the diet. Usually daily activities only....so nothing different. I am going to try and up my exercise though, am determined to try gettign out to walk three times a week, but won't go while paths are bad, it'd be my luck I would fall. I know that proteins can never really be too much, just my dopey brain again LOL.

I got weighed this mornig and had lost half a pound from Monday. i actually think I prob lost quarter yesterday and quarter today, but of course my battery went flat. All good, its bound to slow down, I'm just an impatient B*g*r LOL.

We are all guilty of that. Its just going to take time..........Karin you've gone fantastic the rest will come off its just a blip xxx

Looked down this morning, saw it flash a number and then say Lo. That means the battery has gone,

I'm sure what it really meant was your WEIGHT is lo(w)!! :D

As for the rest, my guess is you've reached that dreaded plateau. Don't do what I did and throw in the towel out of frustration! Maybe cut out all tolerateds for a week or so. Whatever you do, stick with it, I'm sure you'll get past the plateau and start losing again :)

thanks Sid. xxx

Cheese, LOL, thats great, yeah wouldn't that be perfect. 'Oi, gerr off, I don't go that lo' said the scales LOL

Lost half a pound this morning. Thats taken me back to needing to lose less than two stone now. another half puts me at pre xmas weight.

Made some root veg soup today, very tasty, enough to make 5 small bowls and so I froze the other 4. Can always defrost in microwave if I need a warming fix. LOL.

Not a lot else to say today, in school tomorrow so have made a ham quiche for my lunch. Need to take it out of the dish and put into a plastic tub.

News is saying weather getting bad again, although bbc weather shows Hull as being clear tomorrow, with sat/sun/mon as light snow. I really really hope it is light, I can't stand the stuff and I panic when having to drive in it. esp with idiots that were on the road on Monday. Was very scary.

Stay warm and safe guys. See you tomorrow xx

Oooo forgot to say. I bought size 18 Cheap Asda trousers today and they fit smashing. I also tried on 16s, they fastened and zipped. I could bend my knees in them no probs, but no way I could bend at waist. Very tight across my middle and hips. But the fact I got them zipped is brilliant for me. I'd also ordered a T shirt from vista print to match my business cards when I am doing craft fairs, and I bought size L, and it fit............woo hoo no size XXL for me LOL :D

Fan bloody tactic Karin xxx

Back