Dukan Do It....

Great post there, and good to get that sort of thing off your chest... it's also a reminder to some of us that not all unemployed people are lazy layabouts! Those who are should be struck off, in my humble opinion, but people like you and your husband should be given the help and support you need... Hang in there. Something will come up, I'm sure... And far better jobs than those people have who are currently treating you this way!

Awwwwww Hun, fab news on you reaching the 5 mark & I'm sure the slight gain will be off again soon. You've done absolutely fantastic x

Karin, I really feel for you and you hubby. Hope something comes along soon for him. Know what you mean about those who want to work and those who dont. XXX

thanks everyone, whats totally unbelievable, is that ms Snotty rang today, spoke to hubby, to say that she had looked over the paperwork and had talked to the people in the know, and we didn't need to do the form as it will just transfer over. BLOOMING FABULOUS!!!!!! A full day wasted. She's sending back the paperwork and hopefully we'll get a letter very very soon that shows the change over. Jobs are so scarce at the moment, DH is in Health & Safety so its not as thou there are lots and lots of jobs in each company for that role.

For the first time today in months, i have a headache, bit better now than three hours ago. Gradually got worse during the day but i resisted having paracetamol because I am going to give blood on Friday and i don't want anything in my system, but I've had to, can't go too much longer with the pain. Its the first time in a dozen years since I've given blood, am quite excited about it, if that makes sense. I feel its a very important thing and lifesaving. Thou i did have to explain to my DD how it works and get her to read the leaflet, because when I first said i wanted to do this she was very very upset, she said 'I don't want you to lose any of your blood, you need it' Thankfully she now understands that the body recovers LOL.

Yummy dukan food today, I bought some sweet peppers from Aldi today, very long thin ones, so I sliced one in half and filled with devilled cottage cheese. Cooked chicken in fajita spices and put in a quesquedilla with a salad. A very large tea, but was very tasty.

I've been deliberating over whether or not to weigh tomorrow as thats my given mid weigh day, but I'm not going to. I don't want to get worked up again, so I am going to leave it til Monday and try to go the whole week. I've actually been surprised by how easy I've found not getting weighed at the moment, not missed it much...its just the waiting for a week to go by LOL.

Www bless her worrying about your blood loss.Food sounds lush xxx

Www bless her worrying about your blood loss.Food sounds lush xxx
She's such a caring girl, I think it will take the first donation for her to see that everythign is ok.

Hope hubby finds some work soon, its so stressful looking for work, take care hun x
thanks hun x

Great gesture giving blood. Over here, I tried to once (as our Firm organises for a van to come to us), but people who've lived in Britain between 1980 and 1996 aren't allowed to! That told me!

Mad cow - love it.

Finding a job these days is horrid, I feel for the young kids too leaving school/ uni & no jobs to be had. I think that's why I'm reluctant to leave my company because I don't think I'd find anything that pays nearly as much :(

Great gesture giving blood. Over here, I tried to once (as our Firm organises for a van to come to us), but people who've lived in Britain between 1980 and 1996 aren't allowed to! That told me!
Surely it shouldn't be a problem now, blimey some people can be so daft.

Absolutely it is important and lifesaving, Karin. Good on ya :D

P x
Thank you, thats how I've always felt about it, been too long since I last went.

Mad cow - love it.

Finding a job these days is horrid, I feel for the young kids too leaving school/ uni & no jobs to be had. I think that's why I'm reluctant to leave my company because I don't think I'd find anything that pays nearly as much :(

I agree, our DD wants to be a vet when she grows up, she's clever enough too so hopefully it will be a profession she can do and get a job.

Well I have succumbed, I have had the chocolate mug cake without oatbran, oh my it is so so yum, I'll have to be careful how often I have it, but its a fab little treat, esp with flavoured quark :D I had the reduced amount of choc powder with it, think I might add flavourings next time, imagine coconut to be very tasty or even ginger.

In school tomorrow and we've got a mock ofsted inspection, so it means that instead of a normal friday relaxed day we have to act as thou its a weekday, which means I have to take a group for a literacy lesson and I'm so worried I cock it up. Its been a while since I did any supply cos they've got other people to do it. I know what the planning is and what I have to do, but well I am a worrier LOL. Its only likely to be for 15 mins too, LOL.

Food all good today, salmon omlette for lunch with cottage cheese and beef fajitas for tea with jelly and yog.

I tried running back from the post office today, didn't manage too long but I did longer than I would have a year ago. Was quite proud of myself LOL. also used some abs training equipment on my tummy LOL. very buzzy and weird LOL.

im turning you all into mug cake addicts lol

Mug Cake Annonymous....its been 3 hours since my last mug cake, I just can't leave it alone, it shouts my name and screams at me from the microwave. I can't stand the beeps I just have to eat it......:D :D

LOL i was baking toffee muffins while nuking my mug cake.... the smell of the muffins are going round my heart LOL but i shall resist as they are for taking to the hairdressers with me tommorrow for nibbling on

(I actually cooked my mug cake in a bowl!! haaaa!)
oooh a buzzing story. You just reminded me of an embarrassing night I once spent. A friend was getting married, and I travelled to her wedding in the Jura having accepted I'd be sharing a room with another girlfriend of hers who I'd never met. Fine. We got in our beds, turned the light off, and all was quiet. And then suddenly I heard a buzzing noise... and the person in the next bed kept moving around! I was mortified! Imagining all sorts! I stayed quiet for about 15 mins before I dared say: "errr what's that noise?". She was using some tummy flattening gadget buzzy thingy!

Hilarious Maintainer - that's wobbled my stitches again - I would have been mortified!!! LOLOLOL!
DNSF - good luck with your lesson today - sure it will be fine - try and relax and just be yourself!!!! I agree the mug cake can be addictive - but have also reserved it for desperate moments or a special treat!!! LOL!

hahahahahahahahahaa I wouldn't have dared ask xxx

Hilarious Maintainer - that's wobbled my stitches again - I would have been mortified!!! LOLOLOL!
DNSF - good luck with your lesson today - sure it will be fine - try and relax and just be yourself!!!! I agree the mug cake can be addictive - but have also reserved it for desperate moments or a special treat!!! LOL!
Lesson was fine although it was changed at last minute, I ended up outside with the kids doing a music lesson, the head and auditor came out to observe and lasted a full minute before going back in, sooo cold. LOL.

(I actually cooked my mug cake in a bowl!! haaaa!)
oooh a buzzing story. You just reminded me of an embarrassing night I once spent. A friend was getting married, and I travelled to her wedding in the Jura having accepted I'd be sharing a room with another girlfriend of hers who I'd never met. Fine. We got in our beds, turned the light off, and all was quiet. And then suddenly I heard a buzzing noise... and the person in the next bed kept moving around! I was mortified! Imagining all sorts! I stayed quiet for about 15 mins before I dared say: "errr what's that noise?". She was using some tummy flattening gadget buzzy thingy!
OMG, I'm not sure I would have asked....I mean why move about whilst its on, you just stay still normally LOL.

hahahahahahahahahaa I wouldn't have dared ask xxx
Ditto

Well i never ended up giving blood, quite annoyed with myself actually. I don't know if it was the stress of the day or TOTM but I started with another headache around 2pm and by 5pm it was agony. i couldn't have the paracetamol as i was worried about it being in my system, gets to the donor session and i was feeling lightheaded and crap. sat for ten mins and decided if I took a turn for the worse cos of the pain and blood giving I wouldn't be able to drive home. Nurse was understanding and actually said they would have advised against it because of my head, got to wait now till April. So angry...but couldn't be helped.

I have been doing the dukan special sit ups for the last two weeks and I measured this morning. I've lost 2.5inches off my waist, ¼ off my hips and same off my arms. Pleased with waist loss but not so much with hips, may need to try and make it a bit harder LOL, lay further back :D

Right not staying on for long, not risking headache getting worse, will have quick look about and then off to bed.

Back