Dukan Do It....

Still feel crap. My headache pain has gone, but there is still an echo of what could happen. I feel as though someone has pulled a plug on me, when i stand up I feel as though my arms and legs are gonna make me drop to the ground. Am sat cuddled up with a snuggle blanket, I was eating some oopsie rolls, but want to save a few for supper.

nothing more to say at the moment, wll pop back in later...gonna have a slow nosey about.

Good Morning Karin, Feeling any better this morning???????????????

Morning/Evening sid,

I thought I was fine till mid morning when my head started to show echos of the headache. Had some more tablets and seem to have pushed it away. Fingers crossed it'll be gone fully by morning.

Weigh In tomorrow, not weighed since last monday so am really really hoping for it to be at least 2lb to put me back in the 12s more to make it better than week before.

Have been really good with my tolerateds, i think I had got a bit complacent with them again. And my drinks have averaged 8 a day.

So fingers crossed for a friendly set of scales LOL

come on tell xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Drum Roll.................................

Nothing, nada, zilch, not a blinking thing. Stayed the same.

total disgusted. :badmood:

I have stuck to tolerateds without going over, I have made sure I had my fluids, my exercise was better than normal even if not ideal. Apart from the fact it was TOTM which normally doesnt gain me weight during the week itself, only the week after, I don't know what went wrong.

So this week I am counting my dairy and tolerateds, making sure i drink more water and less coffee, though i will miss it. I am also doing a shorter walk, but doing it every day as I stuggle to do a half hour walk, I am doing 15min a day, I'll walk in time to the beat of music. If I still stay the same next week, I am going to assume I am on that proverbial plateau and follow Dr D advise and do 4 days of attack with less salt in diet, no tolerateds and obviously do the walking. I will keep at it though as I feel sure that my body will jolt out of if it soon or later.

Has anyone else gone thru a plateau, how far off target were you?

don't loose heart your a Dukan angel it will show and just because totm hasnt affected you before it could this time our bodies are strange machines xxx

DNSF that is just not fair!!! Great mental attitude gets you huge brownie points in my humble opinion - I STS the nearer I got to target a couple of times and then the next week would drop 2-3lbs.... Your plan sounds like a good one - weight is but a number and it may well be that your clothes are feeling a bit looser - but great job Karin - keep going! xxxx

Thanks guys, I am weighing each morning again so I can see where the problem might be, a gain on the scales this morning. I had, accidentally, drunk 10 drinks yesterday, thts 2.5 ltrs, I usually have about 7.

I've had some water tablets too in the hope it can clear me out, I'm still 21lb off my target though so I had hoped to not reach a plataeu yet. Dr D originally told me my target was 12.13 which is only a couple of pounds away, but when I changed my TW to a lesser figure, he said it should be 12.8 so I'm not holding my breath for which one it might be. I'll just keep going. I enjoy my meals and days, just miss a few things. Making honey toast for hubby at lunch time made me yearn, but I resisted.

Cooked some whole sardines for tea, but what a faff scraping the skin off and trying to get out the main bones. Not sure I'll be eating it, depends on what its like at teatime. Quorn burgers on stand by LOL.

Sardines.....mine come in tins lol much easier xxx

Keep plodding on DNSF (Karin?), you're doing amazingly well. Plateaus are the work of the devil but get through it one day/meal/hour/glass of water at a time x x

Sardines.....mine come in tins lol much easier xxx

So do mine usually, but they were reduced in Morrisons last week. 49p, you really can't go wrong can you, but I won't be buying again. i did manage to eat quite a bit of it, added some fine chopped veg and soy sauce and put it in lettuce leaves. But i couldn't finish it cos the fine bones were freaking me out LOL.

Keep plodding on DNSF (Karin?), you're doing amazingly well. Plateaus are the work of the devil but get through it one day/meal/hour/glass of water at a time x x
yes Karin. thank you, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. I just need to keep plodding.

I must admit, I have succumbed tonight. One ice cream bar left in the freezer and since about 4.30pm I've been thinking about it and kept telling myself no, but then kept reasonining with myself that one ice cream wouldn't do too much damage, it hasn't before, can't take me out of ketosis just that one treat..........so its now in my tummy LOL. Oh it was soooo nice. Wispa bar, outer choc was nothing great, but the inner choc ice cream was amazing. Yum.

I have a theory though, now bare with me. I have been on diets for years, many many >>>>> years ago I did a calorie diet, even advised and ran classes for a while, anywhoo, I had to eat 1500 calories a day in the begining, and it was a nice steady loss of maybe 2lb a week, on rare occasions I would maybe have something during the week i shouldn't have, more calories than normal, maybe out for a meal or counted something wrong. I would find that occasionally I would lose more in those weeks. The theory is that your body becomes complacent with what it is getting and needs a kick up the bum to make it start up again, having those extra calories made it 'kick' and it would lose more, not by much but a definate difference. I'm not saying that its the same with dukan, but for those of us that have a lot to lose we need occasional 'kicks' to keep us going, if for no reason than we need to get rid of the cravings.

So we will see eh? LOL.

I think your theory is a good one, I've found that too on occasion - it's getting the balance right that's the trick I suppose?!

Yep I agree can kick start you occasionally but it doesn't work for me cos the occasional becomes a slippery slope!!!! LOL - have a great day Karin - I couldn't have eaten the sardines - fish bones a huge NO NO for me!!! LOL! x

Back