Dukan Do It....

In the scheme of things that weight gain is of no significance is it? BUT in our head it is huge and such a stumbling block for our brains!!!! When I am focusing on a couple of pounds I refer back to my biggest time when I weighed 20 stone - bought it home a bit when watching secret eaters on Friday when the woman was 19 and a half stone and a size 24 - my friend turned to me and said at least you were never that big and I had to remind her I was half a stone heavier and a size 28!!! So two whole sizes bigger than the lady on the telly who did look large to be fair!!! Our journeys have been fairly life changing don't you think Karin? I feel like a different person until I let the demons take over!!! LOL! x

You two girls are fantastic dukan role models xxx I admire you both xxx

Trudy, you did it again, putting it into perspective, thank you. Siddy sue, you're not such a bad role model yourself :bananalove:both of ya x

Lost ¼lb this morning making a weekly loss of 1½lb. back to 5½stone lost. Still just under two more pound to get to what i lost last week. Had 3 chips tonight with my beef and chicken fajita flavour tea...nicked em off my daughters plate :oops:

DD and I visited a friend this afternoon, she has been doing weight watchers and lost nearly two stone so far, she says I inspired her to starting trying....bless !

All ready for going back to school tomorrow, and the start of hard revision for sats now for the year 6s. x

Good luck to DD with upcoming stats. And having chips.....tut, tut,tut..as as I shake my head lol hope you enjoed them...and make them your last till conso you hear!!!!

Yes mum *hangs head in shame* Its a new chip, they are a lattice shape and they tasted oh so nice LOL. Have had the occasional chip here and there over the last nine months, thankfully they haven't done too much harm. Am hoping that carb kick will help me like it has in the past when I've had a lot of good days in a row :D Can but hope.

One of my gala meals I am looking forward to is Steak, Chips and Salad, my all time fave meal. Its still allowed for the most part, and I have still enjoyed steak and salad, but the chips seem sadly missing on those rare occasions. LOL.

Yes mum *hangs head in shame* Its a new chip, they are a lattice shape and they tasted oh so nice LOL. Have had the occasional chip here and there over the last nine months, thankfully they haven't done too much harm. Am hoping that carb kick will help me like it has in the past when I've had a lot of good days in a row :D Can but hope.

One of my gala meals I am looking forward to is Steak, Chips and Salad, my all time fave meal. Its still allowed for the most part, and I have still enjoyed steak and salad, but the chips seem sadly missing on those rare occasions. LOL.

Why not make butternut squash chips? Or celeriac? Not quite the same but still nice.

I am a chip monster (well, potatoes really - potato anything!) :D

P x

Karin you are an inspiration I so aire how you've embraced Dukan & look at the girl who has lost 2 st because of you !!!! How fab xxxxxx

Why not make butternut squash chips? Or celeriac? Not quite the same but still nice.

I do occasionally do BNS chips, though not had it for a while. But not got any in and was doing PP day, I just really couldn't resist them LOL.

I am a chip monster (well, potatoes really - potato anything!) :D

P x

Hmmm, me too. I love crispy chips, and crisps, and crispy jacket potatoes. I can't wait to have a jacket when I am in conso, and will have chips on a gala day with my steak and salad LOL.

Karin you are an inspiration I so aire how you've embraced Dukan & look at the girl who has lost 2 st because of you !!!! How fab xxxxxx
thank you hunni.

Lost ½lb this morning, I think the water tablets are helping keep the retention down from the hormones.

Lunch was split in two today cos I have been asked to cover Lunch Duty at school, but having to leave at half 11 means I don't get time to eat all my lunch, had my bread with lemon curd when i got back. Quite nice to look forward to, but won't be doing that every day.

Deadheaded the roses today, finally and cleaned up the bird table and feeders. Put fresh food out, threw bread on the garage roof and have had a blackbird family visiting for most of the day. Came home from school to find a baby blackbird all fluffed up and sat on the bird table for ages LOL, finally started eating and then flew away, coming back with his dad a little while later. So cute. DD thinks its ace. Wish I could get half the birds my mum has, she has so many beautiful birds coming to her birdtables, nests in the bushes and of course naughty squirrels every now and then. For the last two years I've seen one bluetit come to our garden, only once or twice in the summer months, the rest are sparrows and blackbirds and the fat pidgeons. used to have zillions of starlings but they seem to have stopped coming, not even one.

Well done with the loss Karin - busy day today - you reminded me I have a very small bird table that Ben was given and should remember to put it up next winter so we can watch the birds feeding!!! He would love it!! Hope your week is all good..... x

Had a gain yesterday 1¾lb for no apparant reason, so will assume its my body playing silly beggers, had headache and toothache, I think I've been grinding my teeth when i am asleep and this cause a couple of old abcesses to flair up. Ouch, feeling slightly bettter with teeth today, though head has still been hurting. Paracetamols helped some.

Lost this morning, 1lb. up and down week eh???

Definately worth getting the table out Trudy, we feed the birds all year round, in winter its mainly the seagulls coming in as we are near the coast, but they can't pick up the small bits so the smaller birds get them.

Oh no not tooth ache for you too it seems to be getting a lot of us at the mo hardly seems fair when not eating sugar! My mum grinds her teeth in her sleep to the dentist has given her a gum shield thing that has helped her loads she does look slightly like a rugby player tho lol! X

May just do that karin - hope you had a good day today and the scales have been kinder! Although I am weighing less this week I don't feel lighter in fact I feel distinctly tubby but not worrying about it - numbers will not rule my life!!!! Had a long talk with my Mum today about how I am feeling weight wise and talking about this being a life long journey.... She bucked me up by telling me that my auntie Carol has been showing people my before and after pic and they can't believe it is the same person which reminds me how far I have come! The forum has been really quiet this week - I hope everyone is okay! xxx

trudy i was thinking that about it being quiet, I did miss coming on here on Weds, just didn't feel up to it. Yes the before and after photos are definately a booster. I have to remind myself of that. had a bath tonight and before getting in it I had a good look at myself in the mirror, overall my shape not too bad, but inner thigh wobble and hanging skin is awful, i nearly cried at that. The balloon wrinkles on my belly don;t look as bad if i stand up straight. and my bingo wings could help me fly. I am thankful for losing all this weight, but the skin thing is annoying. Once i reach tw I am going to get back to toning up full time, those thighs will be gone!!!

Lost ¼lb this morning. Had a good day at school, I do every friday voluntary in the foundation classes, and when i first started the lead teacher was a lovely lady, she went on long term sick with cancer treatment and when she came back they had moved her to an older class. She's decided to go part time and it means that one of her two days she is back in foundation, and that today.......yippee, she is ace and i was so excited about getting back to class with her there. I actually got to do two groups of lessons today with the nursery children too, first time in a long time. First time in a while I enjoyed my Friday. Hopefully it will continue as I have a decision to make as to whether I continue to help out and therefore do supply once my daughter leaves the school in July.

Your a saint working with little ones .....my idea of torture lol . Little losses add up to stone Karin. Have a successful Dukan weekend.....I know you will xxx

Thanks siddy sue, having a good one so far. Did a bit of shopping this afternoon and looking forward to the local Car Boot re-starting tomorrow, planning to look for some smaller clothes ;)

Lost ¾lb this morning, been feeling on and off all day, felt like crying earlier, but that was just the hormones speaking, also doesn't help watching things on tv that makes me want to cry LOL....dopy me. We are a slave to our hormones aren't we, always something to wind us up.....never ends. Oh well, no use whining about it LOL, not gonna be anything I can do about it.

Does anyone take Evening Primrose Oil, I started a few days ago, been going to do it for years and never got round to it, but I noticed Asda selling it the other day so decided to go for it. i think its one of those things that differs with different people, unfortunately I have the usual monthly nasties and irritations and I think it has got worse over the last few years. Fingers crossed this works out.

Epo was prescribed for me years ago to help with my emotions at totm . It did help but it does take a while to see the results so if you Do start dont expect immediate results but they do work imo .

Thanks Sid, I'll keep taking them then, anything that helps and all that :D

Gained ½lb this morning :(

Have had a decent day, went to car boot this morning, got two button up blouses in size 16, I can fit into 14s in t shirts, but these are proper blouses which I haven't worn for years, and look fairly good. Quite pleased with them. got some scarves too, fashion ones. Also some larger knitting needles, LOL, i taught daughter to knit week or two back, but the needles are really small. Got these ones so she can do large knit and see the results quicker.

Made some sponge and custard today, eaten nearly all of it too so figure it might not be a loss in the morning LOL, Made some meringues with the whites left over, used liquid sweetner in the whites before beating, so I didn't have to do anything else to them, turned out quite nice too.

Right off to bed, just a quick pop in to update. Will do more tomorrow x

Just been catching up on your diary. You look fabulous in your jeans! I do enjoy reading your menus. And well done to your Mum!
x

thanks Joanne

Lost ¾lb this morning which means a total loss of 1lb this week.

Have spent a large portion of the day sorting out items for ebay, photographing and typing up the listings for upload tomorrow. have been asked to work in school tomorrow, I'd just recently decided that they had stopped asking me because they wanted someone else, and then I get a call LOL.

I'll have a go at posting my menu tomorrow as I am quite late getting on here at the moment, and have somethign to do before I go to bed.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Back