Dukan Do It....

Hello there - sorry for your weigh in disappointment. What he suggests for a 10 day stall (not sure you're there yet) is to cut out tolerated ingredients completely. Have you tried that? (I presume the quorn sausages are considered as such, but I know things are different over the Channel ;)). I love reading your inventive menus and you always vary your meals which is great!
The last stone is horrid! Hang in there x

I've been lower on tolerateds for a few weeks now, most days I don't have them at all. My menu template has space for me to write stuff down when I've had them, tolerateds, food unplanned, eggs and dairy oh and drinks as I wanted to make sure I had two litres a day. to be honest I don't know about the quorn. I have it as sausages/burgers/steaks/meatballs obv not at the same meal LOL. But if i were vegetarian that would be my mainstay for meals and its high in protein. I don't know if it should be classed as a tolerated item but I'lll try to reduce using it for a while. Thanks re the menus, I do try to keep them different cos I hate being bored LOL.

Evening karin xxx have you had a good day? Have them scales moved?

Yep in the wrong direction. ¼lb on this morning. Dairy is less than a kilo, eggs were high yesterday, but apart from that no other worries. I know its the last stone, and can only keep plodding LOL. Similar dairy today, but less eggs, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm that sad (daft) todayI even weighed my yogurt as i poured it into my bowl LOL, determined to make sure I stay less than a kilo. Never kept that close an eye on it before, but a lot of people have said that dairy should be halved to try and kick start it all again. Ihad that plateau last month and after a few weeks I suddenly lost nearly half a stone in three weeks.

Food today

BF Usual Porridge and yogurt with rhubarb
LN Seafood quiche with salad and a boiled egg (vinegar dressing)
TE Crispy Chinese Chicken and mixed veg Jelly n Yogurt with Rhubarb
SP Tails and Cheesecake with Rhubarb

(yes I know a lot of rhubarb today, but it is a veg day LOL)

Fluids just over 2ltrs

Great menu Karin. You deserve to be loosing. Hmmm think ill keep an eye on my Dairy too xxx

Well I have just spent a half hour in the kitchen revisiting this weeks menu LOL, I didn't think it would be possible to reduce my dairy that much at all, but I think I can do it. At breakfast with milk on the porridge and my yogurt plus a drink I average 320g/ml of dairy. Have reduced it to 185....how hmm, well I just had a lightbulb moment.

I make my porridge with approx 120ml of milk with 150g of yogurt and then a coffee with another 40-50ml of milk. Well, yesterday in a bid to find out how to work out the grams to mils ratio in dairy I googled and it appears that its pretty much the same as each other apart from dried skim milk powder. A tablespoon weighs 7g, so its half the grams to mils. (Yes I know i am one sad person working it out this way LOL....don't care. Gonna get it right)

Anyhoooo, My lightbulb moment, why make my porridge with milk, half it with water and hey presto, reduced dairy. I am also going to have a smaller portion of yogurt. Using a spoon of dried powder in my coffee instead of pouring milk reduces it by 135g....saved.

Every day for my pudding at teatime I have a jelly and some yogurt........so am only going to have the jelly.

Coffees will be made with the powder. 1 teaspoon lightly heaped is 4g...round it to 5 to be safe, and my 2-3 coffees go from an average of 50ml each to 5g....another 135g saved.

If I have cottage cheese, I usually have half the tub, which is 150g, so I will weigh out 100g instead.

I have muffins and bread each day that uses fromage frais or quark, which can't be reduced, but I don't mind as the count is low enough without worrying about it.

I have been averaging between 750-900g a day of dairy, still less than the kilo, but with my revised menu it only goes above 500g on one day, and two days its less than 400g. So we will see, I am still weighing daily as i want to see the difference. If this doesn't work I will look at other things, but this is a start.

Sid, before i started counting dairy I think I ate way more than I do now, with cottage cheese and yogurts, it probably got out of hand, counting it even to the kilo reduced it and obviously it will be less again now. worth a try.

I'm very impressed at your calculations above, and think you're probably on the right track... but, in France at least, skimmed milk POWDER is restricted and we're advised to make it up to milk (if you see what I mean) rather than using it as powder to reduce the carb intake. I just French googled it and found someone who's being coached saying that he now says to only use the powder in food preparations and to count it as a tolerated.
Black coffee I presume isn't an option! What a shame cos what a saving that would be!
Can you bear to cut out cottage cheese for a week just to see (something else banned over here).
I average 280ml dairy per day (one 125ml fruit flavoured yoghurt at lunch and another frozen as a sorbet after dinner, and spoonful of fb in my muffins).
Try just for a week to see maybe..
As you say, the jelly on its own is very nice too. My latest fad is to make up two different flavours (different pots) and have half each flavour in my little tupperware pot for dessert at work! Makes a nice change!

I've been lower on tolerateds for a few weeks now, most days I don't have them at all. My menu template has space for me to write stuff down when I've had them, tolerateds, food unplanned, eggs and dairy oh and drinks as I wanted to make sure I had two litres a day. to be honest I don't know about the quorn. I have it as sausages/burgers/steaks/meatballs obv not at the same meal LOL. But if i were vegetarian that would be my mainstay for meals and its high in protein. I don't know if it should be classed as a tolerated item but I'lll try to reduce using it for a while. Thanks re the menus, I do try to keep them different cos I hate being bored LOL.

Yep in the wrong direction. ¼lb on this morning. Dairy is less than a kilo, eggs were high yesterday, but apart from that no other worries. I know its the last stone, and can only keep plodding LOL. Similar dairy today, but less eggs, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm that sad (daft) todayI even weighed my yogurt as i poured it into my bowl LOL, determined to make sure I stay less than a kilo. Never kept that close an eye on it before, but a lot of people have said that dairy should be halved to try and kick start it all again. Ihad that plateau last month and after a few weeks I suddenly lost nearly half a stone in three weeks.

Food today

BF Usual Porridge and yogurt with rhubarb
LN Seafood quiche with salad and a boiled egg (vinegar dressing)
TE Crispy Chinese Chicken and mixed veg Jelly n Yogurt with Rhubarb
SP Tails and Cheesecake with Rhubarb

(yes I know a lot of rhubarb today, but it is a veg day LOL)

Fluids just over 2ltrs

Where are you managing to find rhubarb at the moment? None in Waitrose or Sainsbury's for the last few weeks.

Do without the cottage cheese, hmmm not sure I can LOL. Though I have only bought one pot this week instead of usual 3. One of my planned meals is cheeseburger pie so that uses it. I usually average about 800-900g a day and today I have halved it. Very proud of myself, I really missed having my greek yog on the jelly, and ate double the amount of jelly at teatime LOL. Good job it was only half the pot that was left. Mind you when i went to Aldi this morning I was debating whether or not to actually buy a single pot of greek yogurt for the days when my dairy is so low I could have a spoonful on my puddings....but Aldi helped make the decision by having no yogurt in the fridge. In all these weeks, they have never been empty on the shelf, and then all of a sudden....none!!! Its fate LOL

Another ¼lb on this morning, but I am putting that down to a last minute eat last night before bed, I had the last of a tofu pudding in the fridge that I had made with quark, so that upped yesterdays intake and I reckon worked against me this mornig.

Fingers crossed for the scales in the morning, though I expect it to take a few days to take effect with the reduced dairy. I have also managed to only eat 3 eggs today too.

I also made my porridge with milk and water, and i actually think the porridge was thicker, don't know if this is because the water soaked up more and swells, but it was nice.

BF Porridge and smaller yogurt.
LN Dukan Bread Beef Sandwich and a small seafood quiche (left over from yesterday), muffins with lemon curd
TE Fish and Prawn Korma with Jelly
SP Sweet Omlette and crabsticks

2ltrs fluid
3.5 Eggs
447g Dairy

Love reading you. Im going to reduce dairy to, worth a try. Xxx

thanks hunni, lol, there are times when its a struggle to know what to write, but once my fingers move over the keyboard all sorts comes out LOL. Its good to have a place to rant and ramble though isn't it :D x

The rhubarb in my garden in the country is growing nicely but, for now, I'm only finding it in the freezer section of the supermarket in the city! (I'm figuring country folk don't buy it cos the freezer section of the hypermarkets in the country have oodles of choice of frozen veg/fruit but never ever any rhubarb!)

Hang in there, Karine. 1/4lb is half a glass of water? less?!! Hopefully today is better!

Thanks Joanne, yes today is a better day. My dairy/egg count worked and I lost 1½lb this morning. I don't expect that every day, but its a nice start LOL

I buy mine from the freezer section, mainly because its cheaper. I can get three kilo bags for £2 from farm foods. Though it can be hit and miss as to when they have it in. I cook/defrost a quarter of a bag and use it for that day. But I don't always remember to use it on Veg days...so it maybe gets used twice a week. Lovely with a bit of sweetner and ginger.

I did drink more water yesterday as well, and only two cups of coffee and both in the morning. Mind you i was up about 4 times for a wee last night, no fluid left in my body, no wonder I lost LOL !!!!!!

At last them scales are moving xxx keep them fingers typing xxx

will do hunni, will do. might burn off a few calories LOL.

Food today:

BF Porridge with watered down milk and smaller yogurt with rhubarb in it.
LN Dukan bread with salmon/prawn mix, seaweed sheets and a few bits of salad. Bread was spread with dukan lemon curd..yumm
TE Two farm foods Beef Steaks with 2 boiled eggs and salad (balsamic vinegar dressing) - Jelly
SP Individual cheesecake with rhubarb and a tablespoon of quark to mix it all together.

Drinks 2.26 ltrs

Eggs 4

Dairy 369g

Only concern is that the smoked salmon might have a bit of a water retention problem, but I did have asparagus at lunch and tea so hopefully that will compensate.

DD brought her school class photo home today for us to have a look at and decide. its the first and only time that they have ever done a full class photo and of course its her last year at primary so I really do need to get it. £11.50 for a single photo. Seems a lot I think.

Yes the photo is pricey but its a defo must have xxx Karin .ooooo im off for my New happy today ooooo had the chance of a no questions asked for half the price but.....I want guarantees just incase and....where has the no questions asked computer come from. Its Not right xxx even though I was tempted xxx

Are you still managing to get kg bags ? My local ff the bags are 750g

Salmon, prawns and lemon curd?! Bleurgh!! ;)

P x
LOL, we put lemon juice on fish and seafood, could be a variations on the theme LOL

Yes the photo is pricey but its a defo must have xxx Karin .ooooo im off for my New happy today ooooo had the chance of a no questions asked for half the price but.....I want guarantees just incase and....where has the no questions asked computer come from. Its Not right xxx even though I was tempted xxx
Have ordered the pic, no way I could not do it. siddy sue, that all sounds very confusing.....but I hope its worth it ;)

Are you still managing to get kg bags ? My local ff the bags are 750g

Oh I didn't realise, they probably are lower weight then, will have to check next time I go get some from freezer.

A grrrr weigh in this morning, ¾lb ON!!! And i had less dairy, oh well. tomorrow is another weigh :D

Food today:

BF Usual fare.
LN Dukan Bread and ham sandwich and 2 boiled eggs. 2 Muffins
TE Beef Kebab with smaller cottage cheese portion and 2 fried eggs.
SP Crabsticks.

Fluids 2.09lt
Dairy 367g
Eggs 5½

In school all day today, lots of fun as the kids had been growing cress during the week so we made egg and cress sandwiches. A bit sad i couldn't join in with the eating, but I had the fun with kids making them....these are 4/5 yr olds LOL.

That's one of my earliest memories of school, growing cress and mustard on kitchen roll in the window xxx as for the scales grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they are our enemy xxx

Growing the cress in egg shells too, could you imagine the amount we'd be growing with the blooming eggs we eat these days.

¼lb off this morning.

BF Usual but with rhubarb (PV day)
LN Salmon/prawn/crabstick with omlettes as wraps. Bread with Lemon Curd.
TE Chicken and Turkey Rasher Salad with vinegar/soy dressing. Muffin/jelly and yogurt
SP Seafood and cheesecake.

Loads to eat today, but managed to keep diary low.

Fluids 2.02ltr

Dairy 464g

Eggs 5

I am so resisting temptation at the moment.

Chips off the tea plates. Choc minstrel offered by DD. Mini meringue they had on their ice cream. DD sat eating some chocolate easter egg and my mouth was drooling. The only thing I gave in to was a thin inch long piece of dried mango. No wider than half the width of a pencil, so not much but it taste nice...overall i think I was a good girl.

Fingers crossed for morning,

taaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaa what's the scales say today Karin ?

1lb off this morning, so maybe the dairy is working, hope so.

I did a bit of web surfing about plateau's again last night. One site suggested changing things up a bit, try doing a 2/2 instead of the 1/1, change the time of having oatbran during the day, and making sure foods are different and not all chicken etc,. which i do actually do, but some things are the same every day.

I'm going to give the 2/2 a go for two weeks and give my body a shake up.

A few of the posts i read on different forums etc., also mentioned one of my 'theories' that a little carb fix every now and then gives the body a shake up. One person had got so fed up of plateauing she had a slice of bread, and lost weight the next day. I looked back to the last week i lost 3lb (about a month ago) and noticed that for four days I had a little chocolate 'eyeball' each day, just one, (lol do you remember me mentioning it), it was only on the 5th day I gained weight, so that was obviously too much. I'm keeping that in reserve so if I don't lose in the next few days, i will have a little 'fix' of some kind. I've been lucky really that on this diet, (apart from xmas and easter sunday) I have been able to control my cheats and if I think to myself i am having a (1) choc, thats all i have. 2 and 3 haven't crept in.

I regularly do Pol's lick the hand trick to see if i am in ketosis, and for the most part, when done at the right time, I see that I am in ketosis. Just don't do it after eating a muffin or a chewing gum piece LOL, it doesnt work.

Right egg and rashers for lunch, be back later to update the proper stats.

Back