Dukan friendly cooked meats in the UK

Toriax

I fell off the Dukan diet when I went on holiday at the end of month but am back to it now :)
I am trying to find cooked meats (which I love for my galette sandwhiches and snacking) that meet the 'rules', the only one I have found so far is the no added water ham from Aldi but prefer more variety, prior to falling off the wagon I was eating the cooked meats from Jack Foultons but when I went to buy some a few days ago realised they have either changed the ingredients or I missed it the first time around but they all contain at least one thing I shouldn't be having (including bread crumbs, sugar and glucose syrup...ooops!).

So for any fellow UK Dukaners what brands do you buy that aren't too expensive?

I buy asda smart price ham but have had turkey ham too. I don't know if they are good or bad, but the few slices I have at a time should be ok surely.

Looks like a trip to asda or aldi and read all the labels LOL.

I did that today looking at burgers.......all cos I'd read in the book we can have burgers up to 10g fat. No more.

Hi Toriax

To be honest, I steer clear of pre-cooked meats and cook my own. I know exactly what's in them then :D

P x

I am not a fan of cooked meats and wasn't even before the diet, like Pauline said you don't know what they have in them, I am also not keen on any meat thats been glued together to look like ham or something else if you know what i mean, Cook a joint yourself if you have to far better but again I don't do this much as pork is not that good for you on this diet. I prefer fish and chicken

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of sliced meats, but the ham is very handy, esp for a quick sandwich or a pick at if suddenly hungry.

Back