Dukan Friendly Sausages

patacake

I really missed having sausage and mash so came up with this recipe, it has been a hit with both dieters and non dieters in my family i have made it to go around eggs for scotch eggs as well, i put sage and thyme in mine as i like the taste,of a more herby mix 1 teaspoon each. any variations could be used, a bit of chilli if you like it, also it is easier to mix the spices etc in if you mix them together first in a bowl then add it to the meat, i baked the scotch eggs instead of using the frying pan. i used turkey breast mince.

This recipe has a mild to moderate zing. Increase cayenne and black pepper if you like more of a punch. Thyme may be substituted for sage, or use both."
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb turkey breast mince
1 egg
2 slices of DD bread
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, ginger, salt, sage, cayenne pepper, and black pepper until well blended.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Form the turkey sausage mix into patties, and fry until browned on both sides, and no longer pink in the center. This should take about 15 minutes.

the bread i made from the Dukan bread recipe i have posted on this forum,
i get 20 slices out of my loaf so 2 slices is half of a 1 day allowance of bran so i don't think in the long term it is too bad.
if you don'tuse the bread, then using the dukan rusk recipe and crushing up the rusks will work equally as well, if on Attack then omit wheat bran and add another tablespoon of oatbran, that works out at 2 days allowance of oat bran if you can eat all the meatballs in 2 days

DD Rusk
2 tbsp oat bran
1 tbsp wheat bran ( If on attack omit wheat bran and add 1 extra tablespoon of oatbran , that makes it suitable for 2 days allowance on attack)
0.5 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1.5 tbsp fromage frais

Make the Dukan microwave bread as usual (but noting the reduced quantity of baking powder), by microwaving at 750W for 4 minutes (I use a 12cm X 12cm microwavable container). Turn out and cool on a rack.

Slice the bread thinly into fingers (I got 14 from my batch), lay them on a baking tray, and dry out in the oven at 150ºC for about 30 minutes, turning at intervals so that they brown evenly. Keep an eye on them -- you don't want to burn them, and all ovens are different so the timing isn't exact. When the rusks are crispy and dry, and golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool. I imagine you could store them in an airtight tin, but as this is just one day's worth of oat bran, I just ate mine all in one sitting.

Sausage and swede mash, with onion gravy made with stock cube and 1 tsp cornflour
2lkwdhz.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful plate... and how inventive of you :D

thanks jilly, they are something i have at least once a week in one form or another, i mixed half the sausage mix with minced beef the other night and made meatballs, soooo good i had them in a tomato sauce and those left over cold to snack on during the next day

I copied and pasted this receipe from the thread as I wasn't sure if I was doing the quote thing correctly!!

Dukan Friendly Sausages

I really missed having sausage and mash so came up with this recipe, it has been a hit with both dieters and non dieters in my family i have made it to go around eggs for scotch eggs as well, i put sage and thyme in mine as i like the taste,of a more herby mix 1 teaspoon each. any variations could be used, a bit of chilli if you like it, also it is easier to mix the spices etc in if you mix them together first in a bowl then add it to the meat, i baked the scotch eggs instead of using the frying pan. i used turkey breast mince.

This recipe has a mild to moderate zing. Increase cayenne and black pepper if you like more of a punch. Thyme may be substituted for sage, or use both."
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb turkey breast mince
1 egg
2 slices of DD bread
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, ginger, salt, sage, cayenne pepper, and black pepper until well blended.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Form the turkey sausage mix into patties, and fry until browned on both sides, and no longer pink in the center. This should take about 15 minutes.

Made this dukan friendly sausage this evening and it was so delicious!! In fact it was so damn good I took some round to family members and they all loved it and wanted receipe!! Definitely my favorite Dukan meal so far!​

Back