Dukan ? hope so!

Hi Col xxx Have a good weekend xxx

choosing cars seems to always be so stressful, hubby has been looking up motability cars for when we change ours, which is another year away, but he keeps going on about loads of different ones. I like the Juke too, but no good being mainly two door, although app there is a four door version.

Hello my Dukan buddies hope your are all having a fab weekend. Been a bit AWOL lately, still trying to eat properly but after a week in Yorkshire its been a bit difficult all those cream teas, wine and lunches out have been a bit challenging. Jumped on the scales this morning and somehow ive managed to maintain, which im really pleased about.

Before i went off work there was a meeting with the bosses about the redesign, they have managed to fill 60% of the vacancies by slotting people back in to their role, the other 40% is going to be competitive interviews, slotted into a new role within the Trust or redundancy. They are going to tell those who are at risk before the ones who are safe by letter. Ive not had a letter yet so we will see how it goes tomorrow.

Col that sounds hopeful ????? doesn't it ?????? what an awful process xxx so glad you enjoyed your holiday and maintaining lol bet Bettys tea rooms were visited xxx hang in there.
Will think and cross fingers for you tomorrow xxx by the way fab fb photos mwhaaaa

Fingers crossed for no letter for ages yet, then! STS very good news after your week away. I have a Hyundai i10 Blue - very low emissions hence no road tax or congestion charge and free parking permit. It's a great little runner and gets up to about 90 on the motorway before it feels like it's going to fall apart! Oh, and the neatest thing is, when you stop at traffic lights etc the engine automatically cuts out, and restarts as soon as you engage the clutch to pull away, hence fuel-efficient too. I can recommend. Great to hear from you btw and I really hope the work situation resolves itself satisfactorily soon so you can enjoy the rest of the summer. xx

Thanks for the support girlies. Well finally got my letter yesterday, I have been slotted into my old job which is fab!! Some other team members not so lucky they have competitive interviews next week. Feel happy for myself but sad for the others all at the same time. I'm just glad now its over for me, no more waiting.

That's fantastic news, good for you but can understand your mixed emotions xxx

What a relief! And what a horrid process to go through indeed, and now for your friends and colleagues. I have survived a couple of redundancy situations in my Firm over the past (ahem) almost 25 years so I understand what you mean about the mixed emotions. In fact, one person on the hit list had a go at some of us not being axed on her last day for having treated her differently / having avoided the subject, etc. Understandable but hard on everyone.

Surely there could have been a better way of doing it, but hey, ours not to wonder why, I guess...

Thanks yes it was a horrendous process and so drawn out. I feel a bit of a weight has been lifted and can get on with my work.

Out tonight with my friend looking forward to having a boogie, my friend sings and does a karaoke session.

I've rejoined SW only because my boss in work has joins and had lost a stone in a few weeks so she keeps an eye on me and points me in the right direction will see how it goes over the next few weeks. I'm still using Dukan recipes I love the mustard chicken and the SS chicken I just love my fruit. My fridge is well stocked. No excuses now!

Weighed today lost 2.5lbs this week .

Have a fab weekend I'm off to clean up now x

Col, MIL and I are joining SW on Monday - I fancy the sound of this 'extra easy' lark.

I either need new plan, a bloody big shake or throwing off a cliff. I'll try (yet another) new plan first ... !! ;)

Following your progress with interest

P x

two friends of mine have joined SW and want me to go. I did consider it but having another dukan go first x fab weight loss Col what ever plan suits is better than no plan at all because we all know what happens when there is 'NO' plan

Yes Im watching your progress with very interested eyes. My friend has changed from Dukan to sw and in three weeks is 5lb down...............

All this dieting lark is about planning if you plan and stick to it you lose it's also about changing habits and that won't happen over night so I'm going to try and change some habits

1 eat breakfast every day
2 use skimmed milk
3 exercise of some sort once a week (increase as i get fitter)
4 I don't like chocolate mantra
5 do not binge, if in going to have something it has to be on a plate sitting at the table not stood at the fridge shovelling it in without a thought

Think that will keep me busy for a while !! xx

Last edited:
I can so relate to number 5............ Have a great week col xxx

Habit broken: Went to the garage for petrol and didnt even think about buying chocolate Result!! Just water and chewy!!
Breakfast and skimmed milk habit started, not been too bad with chocolate and not bingeing this week unless you count eating too much fruit and feeling really bad.
Been thinking about swimming or cycling but not actually got round to doing anything just yet but the thought is there lol

Connor got his results today he passed 3 AS levels so he can go back into upper 6th, Yay!

Love you post Col, full of positivity xxx diet going well and great AS results xxx Just don't start Chris's tradition of champs for celebrating because with your Connor being talented too it will cost a fortune :) xxx

Back