Dukan ? hope so!

Sara i dont find it easy at all, i keep asking myself why am i doing this i think i must have a masochistic streak lol I have 5 weeks left on the prepaid course after that im away and i will never ever go back. Do you think i could drop a stone in 5 week? lol. xx

Sara i dont find it easy at all, i keep asking myself why am i doing this i think i must have a masochistic streak lol I have 5 weeks left on the prepaid course after that im away and i will never ever go back. Do you think i could drop a stone in 5 week? lol. xx

Hehe - either my eyes are tired, or I'm obsessing about protein, because I read this as a 'masochistic steak' :)

Col, in 5 weeks a healthy 10lb xxx come on do some red days and lets see the scales move xxx

Oh what a week!! Decorating is still doing my head in, steves off to the the tip tomorrow yay! Had to get another plumber out to sort out the shower other one couldnt fix it til the end of October, which is not good enough! My very talented son has passed his driving test and has a gig on Sunday. Work is still a bit of a mess even though im safe, the new ways of working is still a bit up in the air, im sure it will all work out, eventually.

SW is still bloody hard but i managed to lose 1.5 lbs this week. did a few dukan recipes and a couple of red days. ive been power walking this evening quite enjoyed it but didnt really like the dark evenings.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Collette x

Hey col, congrats on the loss! Glad to know you're still managing to use a few dukan tricks on SW.

And we're almost halfway through the week! Bring on the weekend, please :)

Great you've had a loss your body must prefer red days xxx what blood type are you? If your a B apparently you loose more on a red day lol another diet book I have read and tried.......Pol.....bet you haven't tried that blood type diet??? Then again.........

Lol Sid... that's one diet even I haven't tried!
That's an excellent loss, Collette. It's harder for us not following Dukan when we see huge losses for those who are. 1-2lbs a week is what "they" say we should be aiming at (yeah it seems slow to me too, particularly on a week with no loss or a gain even as I had last week!)
What do you find particularly difficult on SW? Portion control?

Great you've had a loss your body must prefer red days xxx what blood type are you? If your a B apparently you loose more on a red day lol another diet book I have read and tried.......Pol.....bet you haven't tried that blood type diet??? Then again.........

Oh Sid, never did the Blood Group one but understand it's quite similar to Food Combining and, yep, got that t-shirt! ;)

P x

Im A Rh+. like the monkeys lol ( hate bananas though)

Lol Sid... that's one diet even I haven't tried!
That's an excellent loss, Collette. It's harder for us not following Dukan when we see huge losses for those who are. 1-2lbs a week is what "they" say we should be aiming at (yeah it seems slow to me too, particularly on a week with no loss or a gain even as I had last week!)
What do you find particularly difficult on SW? Portion control?

i find the amount of food that i can have difficult to manage. i followed it to the letter a couple of weeks ago and put half a pound on!! i lose track of the syns, i get totally naffed off on weigh in days, something that i didnt get on Dukan, i self sabotage and feel like a big failure week after week and i tell myself all the time that i cant do it!! apart from that its dead easy!! lol

Thank you he is a bit talented, dont know where he gets it from though!! lol

Another crap day today, ate too much chocolate biscuits and general garbage!! Feeling pretty kak had a huge row with the garage about fixing the bump in my bumper from July, its still not fixed!! I heard myself saying very irately " do you know what i do for a living?" almost compares with "do you know who i am!!!!" They were supposed to fix my car today and now they are going to fix it maybe, Monday, i have appointments and people to see i cleared my diary for them today changed times of visits all for nothing. When i came of the phone my colleagues was laughing because im usually quite laid back and easy going and generally take things as they come, go with the flow, but they were just extracting the urine!!

Well have a good weekend folks, we have a big decluttering weekend planned with lots of trips to the tip.

LOL I love it lol xxx hope you keep away from the biscuit tin this weekend you know that big event is just around the corner xxx

Hello lovely! Please forgive me for being AWOL...

Just been catching up with your news and my goodness, you've had a tough time with all the uncertainties at work. You're sense of humour shines through though! And you must be so proud of your son, glad to hear things seem to be getting more positive lately.

It's been interesting to read about your battles with binging and trying different plans. I just read back on Trudy's diary and can relate so much. Loved your list of habits that you were trying to change from a few weeks ago and one comment really stood out for me, think it was you and Sid saying 'how do you stop when you're full?!'

Am very much battling that too and I suspect it's the key to weight loss, no matter which diet we happen to be on.

And you met Dr D!! Hilarious, you groupie! Funny being star struck with a diet book writer but I totally get it!

Also sounds like you're still cooking lots which is impressive given you weren't much into it before. And you are being incredibly tenacious, despite the ups and downs. Lots of parallels with Trudy and with so many of us here I guess. Just keep at it, you clearly know what to do and how to make it work - it's 'just' getting your brain to play ball now.

Massive hug from me, you can do it!

Joodle xx

Hello sweetie!! Ah you said some lovely things hun, maybe i need to go back and read some of the stuff i wrote, thats why we write all this stuff, reflecting back on achievements and tough times is a fab way of putting things into perspective and straightening out mental attitudes.

I am having trouble with bingeing still but i think its because the house is still upside down, i dont do mess very well stresses me out. I found myself going around the house from room to room just looking at the stuff and didnt know where to start. Steve did a massive trip to the skips so most of its gone now yay!!. Anyway, upstairs is sorted, downstairs will be sorted tomorrow, so then i will stop all this eating kak!! hopefully. x

Good attitude lady. Totally know what you mean about 'stuff' being a stress. Definitely think you should look back at some old posts - really, you'll see how far you've come!

Hope you get the house in order this weekend and feel miles better for it!

Jxx

What can I tell you, only that this dieting lark has been doing my head in these past few weeks!! I totally lost the plot and put 4 lbs on last week so im officially heavier than when i started the conversion to SW.

Anyway i have started reading the low carb revolution by John McLean and what he says makes so much sense. He talks about the science of nutrition and how raised insulin levels cause the weight gain. He also explains how the appetite suppressant Leptin works but cant work properly if there is too much fat stored. He discusses how the food industry have a vested interest in keeping us all fat. The bool is funny and written in a way thats so easy to understand. Ive looked at the reviews on Amazon and they are all really good.

I think its a free download or a cheap download on the Kindle if you fancy a read. x

Col, does that mean your coming back to Dukan or just doing a low carb and not a total abstention xxx

Not sure yet Sue, when i finish the book i decide then. When i do Dukan i lose, but i need to try and keep the fruit and veggies going and lose the wheat and root veggies, very much like PV days, but with fruit x

Back