Dukan it out ... again!

Day 6. After a successful 3 day attack, cheated a bit with a mimosa at Sunday brunch, then had a mayo-y coleslaw with a fried chicken breast for dinner. These things happen when my husband drags me out for a day on the town. Still, avoided carbs and had MUCH less than I would have had a week ago.
Already the upper stomach bloat has partially receded, so that’s keeping my spirits up!
My absolute favorite Dukan approved food item is the turkey burger. I make mine using super lean ground turkey, seasonings and fat free shredded cheese, which I grill. This morning I split my galette into two and made sandwich rounds, with a turkey burger topped with a yogurt/mustard/sweetener spread. Turned out scrumptious. Added pico de gallo on the side because it’s a PV day. Took this picture after eating half the sandwich. I’ll do this again for sure!

Attachments

• 4101E7C7-14C2-40B1-BDE0-6F273E1B12A4.jpeg
    4101E7C7-14C2-40B1-BDE0-6F273E1B12A4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Day 8 today. Didn’t get home from work yesterday until 9:30, and bad food planning left me with few food options. Had two slices of roast beef and some cottage cheese. Breakfast had been scrambled eggs and two Dukan muffins . No lunch. Wasn’t filled up by the light dinner , so I had an extra muffin before bed. Can’t believe that it’s only been one week! I’ve already lost the bloated hard feeling in my upper stomach area and feel much lighter. Carbs must bloat me somehow....

A week later.... got slammed with a virus. Missed two days of work and a trip to urgent care revealed my weight. 😩
Ugh, made me feel even SICKER. As usual, I’m about 10 pounds heavier than I thought I was. One bright lining, however, is that since last Saturday I’ve dropped 6 pounds. Reaction to antibiotics and a suppressed appetite, along with a sore throat that made swallowing almost impossible, rendered willpower unnecessary. Trying to stay on track with pp/POV days until mid September.

Sickness, loss of appetite and a pretty strict adherence to the plan, and I’m now at the weight I THOUGHT I was at the onset of the diet. Happy to see the massive shift on the scale, though! Now just 20 lbs from my original “true weight”. Been slamming water and other calorie free fluids to try and flush this virus from my system. Made sickness look like so much fun that my husband has come down with it as well. I think my daughter is getting it too. I’ve lost at least 10 pounds this month. I’m not sure because I didn’t weigh in before my attack. Muffins in the oven...

Whelp, regaining my health saw 2 pounds regained as well... pity party saw me down potato chips and ice cream last night. Sad. Back on with a PP day this morning.

Checking in. Been adhering pretty strictly, but avoiding the scale, because when I don’t show a loss I tend to eat carbs out of spite. I can tell by the way my clothes fit that the magic is happening. Getting my 30 minute walk in everyday and working on my feet for 8 hours at a stretch... PV day tomorrow, so pretty geeked about the possibilities!

Waited until this morning to weigh in. Glad I did! Crashed through barrier❤️! Down 17.8 pounds now. 17 more to go. Off work today, so I’ve got some time to go through more clothes. Been sorting, donating and storing stuff I won’t wear until fall. Supposed to be a PV day, but I’m going to do another PP, as I’ve got friends coming over for dinner tomorrow and I want to be able to eat a variety of foods. I HATE going out to eat or hosting a dinner on PP days. It’s one thing to come home from work and scarf down a chicken breast, I can manage that handily. It’s quite another to watch everyone else eat whatever they want while I don’t even get a side of vegetables. I’m MUCH better off just eating for fuel and not making a big deal out of meals on my PP days. Onward and downward!

Congratulations- you are doing great!

Whoa! Thanks so much for the encouraging replies! Just came on to report that I recorded the 20 pound mark this morning! Quite giddy! Challenging weekend ahead, with a trip to my family’s favorite Hungarian restaurant on the agenda... I will TRY to resist the dumplings!

Diet Tip:

STAY OUT OF HUNGARIAN restaurants. Also, please refrain from picking out and consuming all of the cashews from the giant container of mixed nuts that your husband brings home.

Braved the scale this morning after two PP days. Showed a TWO POUND GAIN. The horror, the horror!

Staying PP for one more day in the hope of righting this.

I made a big batch of Dukan meatballs last night. Perfect for lunch at work. Muffins going in the oven as soon as I get off of my self-pitying butt.

PP worked a treat. Back down to weight before Budapest Fest! PV day today... no gnawing hunger, so full stream ahead.

I'm doing keto and intermittent fasting. Dukan is keto with a slightly higher carb and lower on the fat than most keto plans.

Glad you are back on it!

Seem to be in a plateau... still at 20 lb. loss. Hoping for a “whoosh” soon. Not working today, so more closet cleaning on the agenda. Trying on forgotten clothes is usually a pretty good motivator for me. PV day... and friends coming over for dinner tonight. Picking up chicken pot pies for the main course. I’ll just eat the insides and leave the crust, plus a couple of salads on the menu.

One more month of cruise until my trip. My plan is to do a five day PP the week before I leave, then try to stay on 5 days of PV on the trip itself. Not kidding myself though, alcohol WILL be consumed!

Not in a month, Lil Woozy! That's from my highest. I've shed 12lbs in the past 6 weeks.

I'm a daily weigher. I've been up and down - with nearly 10 days where I gained a couple of pounds and stayed there. I don't worry about it as I trust to keto and fasting.

I know I would lose faster if I planned my food to the macros for my weight. I'm not done that yet as I know I can be inclined to binge if I feel too much constraint. So I'm happy keeping a regime of delicious keto foods - aiming for 20g carb or less. Meat, butter, veggies grown above ground, some double cream, and this week some amazing keto brownies last night.

Back