Attack Dukan Maintainer Starting Again to Get to True Weight!

soshbfly

Silver Member
Greetings all,
Just a very quick check-in to introduce myself to the board (again). I was on here quite a bit a while back (April 2011) when I did Dukan for 1st time to much success and even better, maintained success! I had less lofty goals at the time and that wasn't to get to my true weight. I did get to my goal weight and weighed less on my 40th birthday than I ever have as a grown adult. I'm only 3lbs heavier today and tomorrow I start Dukan again with committed fervour. I have been planning this date for nearly a month and it seemed the best time to restart with the rest of the world trying to shed some lbs in the New Year ;-)

I found this board VERY helpful and supportive 1st time around. I do hope to revisit this part of my Dukan success as well.

Off to cook my food for Attack starting Monday, 5th January.

For anyone interested, here is my original diary entry from 2011: http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diaries/209109-jess-journey.html

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Kind regards,

Welcome back! You sound like a pro so I'm sure you will do brill! I'm back after 3 weeks off but love this plan. It's so easy! ( she says hoping it's just as easy next week)!
Happy Sunday!
L x

And we're off.

Signed up for Coaching via Dukan site this time (did 1st time but website had MAJOR issues so I got it refunded). Much improved now thankfully. As such, have good marching orders for the next few days. Have 2 chums that have also started, so good to have support there as well.

Have my food plan set up for next 3 days with expectation that I move to a PV day on Thursday. Previously I used to do Mon-Thurs PP and then PV at weekend to allow more freedom. Not sure this time. Will try alternating PP/PV days to start and see how that goes.

Food for today planned:
B - egg white, lean ham & quark omelette; coffee w/skimmed milk
L - Beef Filet (thought I'd splurge for 1st day as going out for lunch with kids & to cinema... won't be tempted with already having eaten this!)
D - Baked chicken breast with "creamed" prawns made with 1/2 chicken stock cube and non-fat Greek yogurt.
S - will make a Galette w/some more plain yogurt. Also made snacking chicken & lean mince burgers (will take to the cinema in case I need something to munch on - old habits die hard, eh??!)

Wish me luck!

Greetings all,
Just a very quick check-in to introduce myself to the board (again). I was on here quite a bit a while back (April 2011) when I did Dukan for 1st time to much success and even better, maintained success! I had less lofty goals at the time and that wasn't to get to my true weight. I did get to my goal weight and weighed less on my 40th birthday than I ever have as a grown adult. I'm only 3lbs heavier today and tomorrow I start Dukan again with committed fervour. I have been planning this date for nearly a month and it seemed the best time to restart with the rest of the world trying to shed some lbs in the New Year ;-)

I found this board VERY helpful and supportive 1st time around. I do hope to revisit this part of my Dukan success as well.

Off to cook my food for Attack starting Monday, 5th January.

For anyone interested, here is my original diary entry from 2011: http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diaries/209109-jess-journey.html

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Kind regards,

hi Jess welcome back!!

i first did dukan in 2011 too, and been up and down ever since!! But it's the only thing that works for me...good luck!!

keep us updated :)

xx

First day down and went well. Of course, 1st day enthusiasm made it quite easy :) I'm a big planner as well so am totally ready for this week (took off Attack days from work and cooked/prepped all weekend).

Yesterday was bang-on and was rewarded with a quick 2lb loss.

Today's plan is much the same.
B - egg white omelette with ham/quark
L - steak filet
D - fish/prawn soup with Shirataki noodles in clear broth with a bit of onion
S - galette w/non-fat cottage cheese & snacking meats as needed throughout day

Hope you all are doing well!

Welcome back.... and thanks for your words of encouragement over on my diary.

You'll be at that next milestone before you know it.

Well done for getting back into it!

Day two gone and remembering why I loved this diet so much first time (as much as its possible to "love" a diet ;-)

Went through day with ease and no feelings of depravation. Managed a very long walk, my regular exercises as well as an hour yoga class.

Scales down again 1.6lbs! Very happy with that as I started Monday with a "low" weight - i.e., I didn't gorge or go crazy right before I knew I was starting and in fact was about 3.5lbs less than I started December. That means losing 3.6lbs in TWO days is really really good for me!! Very happy.

Today's meals will be slightly different for lunch and tea.

Groceries arriving to finish prepping moving into PV days. Can't say that I'm TOTALLY desperate yet for a PV day and wonder if I should just do one more PP day while I have the motivation. Will send in a note to Dukan coaching about that one.

Happy days.

Hi Jess great to see you again! I'm delighted to see that you only regained a tiny bit and it's always good for the dieters to have someone being officially coached when queries arise (as the diet does seem to constantly "evolve").

I'm avoiding the urge to get back on the Dukan horse for now and am sticking at what I was doing before Christmas with an emphasis first on the exercise side of things and then the food side tends to follow. I'll let you know if this shifts the Christmas blub!

x

Hi Joanne - so nice to see you on here again! I miss all the support (and constant reminders to "stay the course" ;-) I used to get from you guys. I was rereading my 1st diary from 4 years back and it really was an active bunch. Hope things pick up a bit on here as it was SUCH a valuable tool in keeping up motivation throughout the diet.

Hope all is well on your end! Your weight seems to be maintaining great (kind of remember you ~70K mark?) Keep it up!

xx

On day 5 and still sticking to it perfectly. Lost slightly more than I was supposed to in Attack (just over 3lbs) but then had bump back up today as expected from introducing Veggies yesterday (expected.) Not discouraged in slightest as I've quite confident in this diet to produce results (I know it will from previous experience and also know that this was to be expected). Coaching advises alternating PV/PP days and I will do that rather than the former (Mon-Thurs PP and weekends PP). I reckon it may be better for my metabolism that way. We shall see.

Food today is PP
B - egg white omelette with ham & skimmed milk
L - grilled chicken and slice of gammon
D - fish soup with Shirataki noodles

Appetite is definitely waning (again as expected from high-protein/low carb diet). This makes things even that much easier!

Was delighted this a.m. to have a boxing session with my trainer at 6.30am and didn't wane at all with energy. Exercise has been pretty good this week but light for me... will def be ramping up next week!

Will check in after weekend and full week on Dukan.

Best of luck to all you guys!!! Keep up the hard work.

Wow great post and brill loss! You must feel fab knowing it still works! I kept thinking it would stop working but it never does my body loves dukan and hates carbs just my head I have to deal with!
Well done and thank you for your lovely posts!
Very helpful and great to read when I'm feeling like diving head first into a bag of nuts!! Ha ha xx

Hee, hee Madmission - know about that desire! Had to rid my desk of all the nuts stashes which I used to go to as my "healthy" snack. Will come back to it so thinking its only a short break ;-)

Had a perfect PP day and was reward with a loss lower than I was on Thursday (as I fully expected). Funny, I started Dukan with 2 chums both who are similar age, but weigh around 30lbs less than me (though ironically our TW loss goals are all about the same as they are generally slim and I've always been overweight). Both reported losses 6/7lbs to my 3lbs. You'd think I'd be discouraged, questioning or whatever - but it was GREAT. I had none of that… just absolute faith that I followed perfectly this week and I'd be rewarded either today or next week. I KNOW this diet works and keeps working. I did rationalise that they both had a quick large bump in their weight over past few months whereas these pounds have been on me for many, many, many years… they will need a bit more convincing to come off ;-) I also was on the low end of my normal weight range starting so no "out of the gate" loss for me (which illustrates that I maintain a healthy diet/exercise regime)

I also thought maybe helpful to share daily stats this first week for newbies who may find themselves discouraged or questioning why the weight isn't coming off every single day. This reflects a similar start to four years ago (tho numbers were higher as I had a lot more to lose… had started at 208lbs).

Attack
Monday - start weight 178.8lbs
Tuesday - 176.8lbs
Wednesday - 175.8lbs

Cruise starts
Thursday - 176lbs (yes after 3 days on Attack I went up slightly!)
Friday (after PV) - 177.4lbs (showing now only 1.4lb loss after 4 days - still resolute though!)
Saturday - today (after PP) - 174.6lbs So after only 5 days, I've lost 4.2lbs and that's feeling like I'm missing nothing. Not bad.

Not sure I'll make my 20 January goal as that's nearly 5lbs in 9 days but I am resuming my old exercise regime (running 5K today and gym/weights tomorrow) - that can actually help or hurt the scales so I'll just keep an eye on my tape measure!

Food today really yummy
B - Egg white omelette w/ham and spinach topped with my homemade Dukan salsa/hot sauce.
L - Cola Chicken w/Broccoli (though may just snack as not overly hungry these days)
D - Filet Steak, mushrooms, salad w/vinegar, and grilled asparagus wrapped in parma ham (sound hungry there!! That's a meal with DH).

Happy Dukaning all!!

Just a quick check-in. Have been doing perfect alternating PP/PV days since start of Cruise. Not one cheat happy to report :) Haven't really been struggling or tempted either but still less than 2 weeks into in it. Have still only lost 5lbs, but reckon I've got some water weight this week. Suspect I will see a nice drop at the 3 week mark, but will be surprised if I get to my mini-goal of 170lbs by this Monday ("other" factors at play this week which will skew scales).

Have been exercising fairly regularly (PT/boxing/running) and acquired a super new gadget - WaterFi that lets me strap an iPod Shuffle on my goggles and listen to music/books WHILE SWIMMING!!! So super excited - love swimming and its great exercise so happy to have something new to add to routine.

Another good couple of days. Even survived my absolute favourite being delivered to house yesterday - PIZZA!! Aaaarrrggghhh. Had minor thoughts of grabbing a bite or two and then thought - seriously, what would that achieve other than derail a perfect adherence for past two weeks. Phew!!

Weight loss is progressing well and surprising that I"m showing 6lbs loss still as usually this TOTM, I gain 3-5lbs in water. We shall see Friday "true" weight loss tho have a weigh-in for mini-goal on Tuesday. I'm 2.8lbs off goal so not hopeful I'll make it, but we'll see. Always good to have goals.

Have bought an ice cream maker to experiment with multiple flavours of frozen yogurt. Family loving it too!

Today is PV day which is good for Sundays. Nothing new and exciting on menu (cola chicken, bolognese, etc.)

Have a great week all and wish you every success!!!

Checking in to see how you're doing, and I see all is still very well in your world. You're right to be realistic about losses and I think your analogy is correct vis a vis your friends' losses. I always lose very quickly after the huge Christmas gains I record then it slows down. I'm glad to see that it hasn't affected your exercise regime, as that'll help you long term to keep it off (and probably has helped to date!).

<Putting my Dukan hat on... it's a bit dusty>: Where is your oatbran? I don't think you're eating enough!!

:D

Ha, ha Joanne - miss you!! Who else to keep me straight??! ;-)

Actually doing fine with the Oatbran - just missed one day when I only managed 1 tablespoon. Either eating the good ole' Toffee Muffins or mixing a bit into plain yogurt before bed. All good there.

Congrats on losing 2kg!! That's fabby. Weighing in for my "mini-goal" tomorrow. I'm about 2.6lbs off so unless bump after today, likely not making. Never know tho as have been STS for 3/4 days which usually then prompts a loss. Check in again please :)

Back