Attack Dukan Maintainer Starting Again to Get to True Weight!

Goal Check-in Day and Its….

GOOD NEWS!!!

Have been STS for past 4 days but knowing this was in advance of TOTM, I wasn't surprised (and actually happy there wasn't a gain!)

So, yesterday the onset of "ketosis flu" appeared I suspect (I know this is a bit late in day… 2 weeks in. But same thing happened first time around - I was 9 days in before I felt like this and it also happened to coincide with TOTM so who knows what it is.) Was ropey and yuck all evening, but managed to eat something (PP day). Spent whole evening in bed.

Wake up today still yuck and staying home from work (1st time in over a year!) but its weigh day so managed to do that at least. And the result is: 170.2lbs!!!!

So while I didn't make goal, I'm only .2 off so delighted with that. Hopefully I'll feel better soon so I can prep the food I was meant to be doing last night.

Even with nausea and pounding headache, I'm doing a happy dance… whoop whoop!! :D:D:D:D:D

Oh Jess I am so pleased for you. It's so easy to get unmotivated when the scales aren't playing your game, but you persevered through it and were rewarded in the end! Well done to you!! You really are a great example to newcomers with your positive attitude!!!

I look forward to watching your progress. My husband is back on (his own form of) Dukan so I'll be revising my copy!! Any gems you pick up re new/revised rules, feel free to share on the board!

:)

I'm old school Joanne!! Not really adding much of the new stuff in with the exception of one recipe (Cola Chicken) where I use Tomato Paste on a PP day. I've also purchased Jerk Chicken seasoning which is divine and I use in the Cola Chicken recipe and it tastes nearly decadent. There's also a really nice Asian meatball recipe that has soy sauce, ginger and Splenda which has been quite nice. Have ordered a few things from the Dukan shop so that may inspire some new stuff. Will keep you updated :)
x

Man, how things have changed

I've had a slight revelation this a.m. I'm nearing 3 weeks on Dukan again and doing it absolutely perfectly (not even a sip of wine has passed these lips!) There's a big difference this time and its helping so thought I'd share with the newbies. I am finding this MUCH easier this time (and really not giving it much thought really) because unlike last time I'M NOT OBSESSING!

Its amazing. People are starting to notice weight loss and a few unsolicited comments have been made. Someone asked this morning how much I've lost so far and I couldn't answer. I know I lost 8.6lbs as of Tuesday but as I haven't weighed again since, it could be more or it could be less. Thing is, I don't really care. I'm so confident that it will produce the results I'm seeking at some point, that I'm not belabouring over ever single swing in pound or ounce. Last time I weighed, logged, and tracked obsessively. I'm much more chilled these days (one of the benefits of now being in my 40s perhaps ;-)

Just thought I'd share that. My advice would be:
  • Spend your time planning and preparing meals and snacks!
  • Chill out on all the rest ;-)

Please keep that in mind as your going through this. Like most things, as soon as you put it out of your mind it just happens!! :D

Best of luck to all.

Just a quick check-in. All great on this end. Had one very small lapse this week with a glass of white wine as work has been a bit of a bear. Scales have been fluctuating but official weigh-in tomorrow. Am going to experiment this weekend with some new recipes ("bread", beef stir-fry using omelette as the noodles, and whatever else.) Not sure the weather so may be easier to hunker down at home and just keep busy.

Had a HORRIBLE experience with the Dukan food shop this week. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! I ordered some stuff, paid £5 for shipping and then got a note that they were crediting my account as some stuff not in stock (but no idea which wasn't being delivered). To be safe, I said cancel the whole order as I'm not paying £5 shipping for stuff I wasn't even really interested in (only really wanted ONE thing but added a few things on as I was paying so much for shipping already). They told me refuse shipment, I said I can't - it comes through work mailroom and not in a marked box. I offered to just keep and pay for extra stuff and just asked that they reimburse me for shipping. Back and forth and back and forth and guess what... NO REFUND. They refuse. They said I should have cancelled straight away - I had responded to email in less than 48 hours (on a Sunday no less) and apparently that's not good enough for them. Shame because they lost a good customer who would actually pay for their ridiculously priced merchandise! That's 5 months of potential revenue out the window for them. Hey ho. Like I said - I'd AVOID (food not that tasty as well!) :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Picture of home made dukan truffles

image-4167117709.jpg

20lbs off so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

(Truffles look great BUT how on earth to have just [1? or however many you're allowed!!]

Jess - it's very interesting to see that you're finding it easier this time. Most say the opposite and never quite get the same mindset in place as that first wonderful time... perhaps, as you say, because you went through the whole four phases the first time and came back to it READY to continue, rather than just making up for a slip up as most of us do.

As for the Dukan shop, I admit never having ordered off it and I've always tried to dissuade people from so doing. It's so obviously a money maker and it offers things which have nothing to do with his original rules! I'm sure he himself has very little say or input in it too, just his company executives building his empire for him.

How did you find the new recipes? I regularly use the konjac noodles (those nasty fishy smelling noodles found in Japanese speciality shops). In the UK, you can get Slim Rice etc at Holland & Barrett but it's very expensive so I can live without it! Both are tasteless and without texture, to be honest, so they rely totally on your making a delicious Dukan friendly sauce to go on them. Cola chicken is perfect, for instance.

x

Hi Joanne - irony is that whilst I found the routine MUCH easier to follow this time (4 weeks with hardly a blip), the lack of movement on the scales has made me very discouraged and lacking of motivation. I know I had a lot more to lose first time, but didn't expect weight loss to be so darn slow... have been hovering (up and down) around 8.5lbs for over two weeks. So much so has motivation been lacking that I've decided to not go to Conso, but do what everyone else seems to be doing and start a modified version of Dukan that I think will work better for me and my active lifestyle.

So...... as of yesterday funny enough, I'm doing one day "lite" Conso (so mostly PV but with some added Conso allowed stuff in small amounts. Also adding small quantity of nuts on my workout days as I need the extra energy boost before my workouts which can be up to 2 hours long easily). Then I'm sticking to strict PP days on alternates. I reckon this will be better for my metabolism as my body appears to think I'm in starvation mode! That, coupled with opportunity to add a celebration meal in each week takes the pressure off. Revised timing is to continue like this for next 2 weeks, go on my holiday and enjoy it (but not overdo it with the exception of maybe wine! ;-) and then when back do a week strict Dukan (PP/PV) and the go back to this modified until either Summer when I head to States for next holiday or I lose another 12 lbs - whichever comes first. If the weight comes off, then I'll move to strict Conso for at least a couple of months after that.

We shall see :) Don't come on here much as its a bit quiet and for some reason my alerts for new messages are not working consistently!

Hope all well in your world. Always nice to see you on here :)

Been very quiet!

I'm still plodding on it's the TOTM so avoiding the scales this week so does not put me off track. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm checking in regularly on you Josh (and the others of course). It's sometimes hard for me to keep away from Dukan, particularly now that there is a revised Dukan 2 book out which I'm determined NOT to buy! It is so very much like putting on a comfy pair of slippers for me to slip back into that way of eating which suits me so well... for just so long... and then it's a nightmare again! So I'm keeping away. As you say, less to lose, you lose less and it's true that the body never quite responds as well to that first (few) time(s), for me at least.

I'm sticking at (try to follow) a healthy eating plan... heading towards "clean" eating, which as we cook so much from scratch in Dukan is familiar. Learning to add in carbs and fats (and even sugars) isn't easy as my brain still clocks them as BAD! But it's better for me with an eating "issue" that no foods be banned and then I'm less likely to fall headfirst into a bucket of same!

Keep the link updated cos I will be reading and I'm very interested in your additions. I'd love to see your daily menus WITH additions! And details of exercise too. You might find that a bit more walking etc is required on the days you don't actually work out. He recommends a 30 min walk from attack but, as we near target, more is sometimes a good thing (which is challenging in this weather!!).

x

1st Few Days of Dukan-Like Eating :)

1st foray into eating "normal"-ish food this week. As you said Jo, and also as I remember - those first bites of real carbs are frightening! It kind of went like this:

Wednesday - one healthy sushi roll (with white rice) and no other carbs that day. Ate PP the rest of the day. I had a personal trainer session that evening that unfortunately didn't go too well as feeling TOTALLY bloated from the rice. Couldn't even go swimming after like usual. So, 1st attempt not great.

Thursday - perfect PP day (the usual, egg white/ham breakie, broiled chicken/egg lunch, and fish soup with Shirataki noodles).

Friday - planned Celebration meal that evening so ate PP breakie, Sushi roll for lunch (I love sushi!) - normally would have a side of gyoza but ate only roll. Tea was at a French restaurant I love and so my CM was: rabbit liver pate with a piece of WHITE French bread, a near PV main of parma ham wrapped monkfish, with greens and asparagus. Boiled potatoes also served, but I only had one baby potato. I skipped pudding as I'm not a huge sweets fan. I did drink red wine as well Felt totally fine after :)

Saturday - PV Day with a 2 hour intensive workout (had to work off the French meal ;-) It was probably one of my best workouts in ages - boxing, LONG planks, swimming, and circuits. Felt GREAT after.

Today, Sunday… PP day, no workouts.

Plan for this week goes like this:

• [*=1]Monday - 6K early run before work; yoga class in evening. PV Day. No planned extra carbs
    [*=1]Tuesday - PP day. No planed carbs
    [*=1]Wednesday - Will weigh in the a.m.; PV day but will add some carbs in as I have a personal training session and I usually swim ~45mins after (so another 2 hour workout).
    [*=1]Thursday - PP day
    [*=1]Friday - 1.25hr workout at gym (boxing and circuits) PP or PV day (not sure) - will be coming up on TOTM so can't account for cravings
    [*=1]Saturday - PV day with maybe some carbs. (ONE Week from holiday departure…)
    [*=1]Sunday - gym or 5/6K run.

Wish me luck. Weight was still holding 171 at last weigh-in on Friday. Will report weight on Wednesday which is the next scale day :)

Later folks!!

Have a great week all.

Back