Dukan Muffin Recipe

krazykik

I've been having a nose in some of yer Dukan diaries and have seen the muffins mentioned a lot, are they easy to make and could someone point me in the direction of the recipe, wouldn't mind trying something different, thanks!!

Hi Krazykik, page 2 of the recipe thread has two on it. It trial and error with them adapt to suit you. I only use 2 eggs in mine when the recipe says 4. Just made some vanilla ones.

Last edited:
I make loads of different ones, and if I am wanting a new recipe I google. Made some pumpkin ones last week.

These are the recipes I use and adapt to suit different allowances.

[h=1]Jan’s Muffins[/h]6 tablespoons of oat bran
5 tablespoons of sweetner
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 egg
5 tablespoons of yogurt (or a full toffee mullet light yogurt if making toffee flavor)

Mix all together and put in 3 muffin cases for 30 mins at 180 fan assisted

You could also make 6 smaller ones to have 2 a day but I love how huge these are as a treat with tea!

You can add any flavor you want to it or carrot and cinnamon to make carrot cake.

[h=1]Ellie’s Muffins[/h]4 tbsp of oatbran
2 tbsp of wheatbran
3tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 eggs
5 tbsp yoghurt
and whatever flavouring you fancy

i usually just bung everything in the bowl and whisk then put into a 6 mould silicone muffin tin bake at 200 for 20 mins

[h=1]Trudy’s Muffins (i use this one mostly)[/h]4 tablespoons oatbran
2 tablespoons wheatbran
6 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
6 desertspoons sweetner
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
vanilla essence
1 muller light toffee or vanilla
3 tablespoons quark
Whisk all together and put into two silicone muffin moulds (makes 12 muffins) bake for 25 - 30 mins at 160 leave to cool!! I eat four a day and they stay in the fridge and last for days!!!! Everyone does different ones!!! You can add any flavour you want I sometimes do cocoa or caramel syrup (sugar free) or rhubarb and ginger

I always use this recipe when I am in need of a quick fix and there is nothing in the freezer
[h=2]Microwave 'muffins' (also Attack and Conso) [/h]Jo suggested I post my muffin recipe - it's actually just a version of my bread recipe but as it's in the microwave I can make them daily as required.

**check your Oatbran quantities** the ones given here are for 1 day's portion on Cruise / Conso

1 TB wheat bran
2 TB oat bran
1 Egg
1 TB Quark/Fromfrais
1 or 2 TB yoghurt
1 TB Sweetner
1 TS baking powder
Flavouring

Mix well, it should be gloopy but not liquid and distribute into 8 silicone cupcake/muffin cases. Arrange in a circle on the turntable and microwave on high for ~4min.

Turn out quickly onto wire rack (they are steaming) and give time to cool. The longer you leave them out the drier they get - I prefer mine quite moist... Quite a spongey texture. If you leave them too long before taking out of mould they sweat underneath

Flavouring:
Sweet: scant TB sweetener, in addition if liked: a sprinkling of cinnamon, 1/2 ts of vanilla essence. You can also use vanilla or toffee yoghurt for 'built in' flavouring.

Savoury: a tiny pinch of salt (or they are too bland), and I like fresh chives in them.

I have to add that I usually have them sweet, and eat them at coffee time when everyone else is tucking into cakes and biscuits.

they are also nice split in half and spread with Quark, or Philly EL etc, whatever you fancy.

To bake in the oven: Bake 15 mins at 180C Fan

I have used these to also make a quick version of bread, leave out the sweetner and use suggestions for savoury.

Also on becca's Range Cookbook thread (might actually be in her diary near last few pages) there is a Chocolate Mug Cake. This is so delicious. I let it cool and split it in half the other day and spread my lemon curd inside....sssooooooo gorgeous.

Forgot to say, what I have started doing instead of making individual muffins, I make it in a loaf tin, then cut it in four quarters. It freezes really well. Its a nice big block of cake when you need muffins, it can then be sliced like a loaf and lemon curd spread on it.

Of my daily bran allowances 2tb Oat, 1tb Wheat, i use half on my porridge and then have a quarter of the muffin, which is the other half allowances, for my pudding on lunchtime.

I've never used wheatbran either just FYI and find they work without too :)

I started using wheatbran almost straight away, and I find I can have both my porridge and muffins if I use it. If I didn't have it i reckon I'd have struggled by now LOL.

Its all personal choice i guess, I also started using it because i was worried about constipation issues, I'm already on iron tablets which can cause problems so this was the best way for me.

If a recipe is all oatbran I have on occasion changed a third of it to wheatbran.

Thanks for this. Ive also used Trudys muffin recipes from the beginning and do the same with the wheat bran. However my oven is broken..ive obviously used it too much:eek:...so am experimenting with microwave recipes again so this was helpful.

Caz

glad to help.

A useful recipe with the cottage cheese. For every egg used, put a big dollop of cottage cheese in the bowl, add whatever you herbs, fillings you like....I like seafood.

Bake for approx 20 min in 180deg. These are a kind of quiche. Very tasty

ooooo I forgot about the carrot cake muffins.....

Where is the carrot cake reciepe !!! please show me !

I tried Jan's muffin recipe today with cinnamon in it. I swapped the yoghurt for low fat sour cream (the yoghurt here is really high in sugar) and it was amazing!
I also tried to cook the mixture like a pancake on a flat top and it was delicious. I will definitely be having these as Dukan pancakes in the future!

Yumm! Looking forward to trying some of these new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

I couldn't have survived dukan without the muffins - I had them every day - I often have Ellie's mug cake if I haven't had time to make muffins - that's lovely warm with sweetened quark - like a real naughty pudding!!:)

Back