dukan or atkins

i think its down to the individual were obviously in here because we prefer dukan ......

atkins low carb /high fat
dukan low carb / low fat

you take your choice i know i couldnt do the higher fat content

dukan also has phases to help you keep the weight off for good. It is a commitment for the rest of your days to follow a few simple rules.

Atkins has phases too.

Dukans rules are more restrictive which is good for those of is who need it. Atkins it's easier to stray from the basics and stay within the rules (ie spend carb allowance on the slight dodgy).

Atkins is cheaper as can buy cheaper meats.

They both take effort and planning.

Read the books and see which suits...

I did try Atkins a long time ago, i thought it would suit me due to the things you can eat, ie butter cream etc but we only lasted just over a week it made us feel very sick and we really couldnt face all the high fat foods for longer than that. Don't get me wrong, my diet before dukan was pretty poor i have/had a massive sweet tooth and no willpower at all which is why we thought it would suit. I wouldnt try it again. Just my opinion though

I did Atkins a few years ago for a long time and lost lots of weight easily and kept it off. But it was super hard when eating out and for me it didn't seem like a "way of life" forever.
After having children, I also felt as though I was setting a bad example sitting at the table with a plate of protein/fat!
Dukan is something I am committed too for the rest of my life, I like the principles and whilst it has rules - they are logical and achievable in every day life.
Good luck in your choice! X

Back