Attack Dukan starter

Hey there Vamp -

Just get in to your Cruise phase, stay close to plan and watch the scales drop. Seriously, this plan works if you stick with it.And the others are right that you can eat until you are full....I have heard many a Dukan tale of eating a whole rotisserie chicken!!

Good luck, keep posting - others here will guide you along.

Happy Day!

hi there over in Hull....waivies from Lancashire :wave_cry: pendle Hill looking grey and dank today, hows it where you are?

Thanks for your reply. blimey, I was worrying I was probably eating too much! I asked on my diary if my breakfast was ok? I wasnt sure on quantities. im very surprised at how much were allowed to eat and yet still lose.

I thought maybe the lemon curd I made was not right simply because of the sweetener aftertaste. I have just had a sugar free jelly which at first tasted ok but then had this same aftertaste so think I just need to get used it.

For a late lunch I have had half a pack of ham and remainder of my cottage cheese with a slice of Dukan bread and coleslaw made with the Dukaan mayonnaise. Im just a bit concerned about thisdue to the raw eggs. Do you know how long it will safely keep in the fridge as I wont use it again till Tuesday on pv day.

For tea Im making the slightly spiced chicken with broccoli, courgettes and carrots. im going to use some of the chicken in a quiche for tomorrow lunch at work. I havent made one yet so thanks for your suggestions. I need to use up some smoked salmon so will make two. Did you sayyou made them and froze them or am I thinking of something else? Lol. Can I also ask how long the bread lasts does it need to be in the fridge and will it go soggy? Sorrynfor so many questions!

I had forgotten just how good this site is, with all the help and support from people all at different stages of the path.
I am going tomgive you a name change however and call you 'the oracle' or 'the go to Gal' lol. Simply because you amaze with your knowledge and inventiveness with the recipes. I feel like Im learning to cook all over again.

best regards
Vamps.

Hey there Vamp -

Just get in to your Cruise phase, stay close to plan and watch the scales drop. Seriously, this plan works if you stick with it.And the others are right that you can eat until you are full....I have heard many a Dukan tale of eating a whole rotisserie chicken!!

Good luck, keep posting - others here will guide you along.

Happy Day!

Hi there, Bl***y. Hell! a WHOLE chicken? I do like chicken but dont think I could eat a whole one, especially without stuffing and cranberry sauce! Lol. i may need to look for an alternative for that too. I feel quite full and thought I might be having too much and quite shocked to find its not actually enough. Im glad to have started cruise tho, dont think i couldve stayed with attack for a longer period. Can I just ask, Dr D mentions we can have a teaspoon of lowfat cocoa powder.....is this justto flavour cooking or can I make a choc drink using some of my milk allowance and sweetener?? Or erm a milkshake?

Hiya im in conso but doing a few pp days to banish a few xmas lbs. And eating full chicken does boost weight loss and i find steak does an even better job. The quiche is a staple. Lunch for me along with salads your mayo should be ok i keep mine for 5 daysish xxx

Looks like your doing well Vamp. Lots of people do east whole chicken's I couldn't manage more than half though! There's a good recipe for a sweet chili sauce on here somewhere. I'm ready to go for tomorrow back on track!

Hi Jelliebabe. Sweet Chilli sauce is one of my favourites, will have a look for it, thanks. ;0)

Can I ask is that your cat in your photo ? What a lovely face. Ive two cats at. The ,oment, Lemmy is black with green eyes and Rosa my daughters cat is part main coone. We did have three but Phoebe sadly passed away. Just love cats! :) sorry thats nothing to do with Dukanbutx just had to ask. ;0).

hi there over in Hull....waivies from Lancashire :wave_cry: pendle Hill looking grey and dank today, hows it where you are?

Thanks for your reply. blimey, I was worrying I was probably eating too much! I asked on my diary if my breakfast was ok? I wasnt sure on quantities. im very surprised at how much were allowed to eat and yet still lose.

I thought maybe the lemon curd I made was not right simply because of the sweetener aftertaste. I have just had a sugar free jelly which at first tasted ok but then had this same aftertaste so think I just need to get used it.

For a late lunch I have had half a pack of ham and remainder of my cottage cheese with a slice of Dukan bread and coleslaw made with the Dukaan mayonnaise. Im just a bit concerned about thisdue to the raw eggs. Do you know how long it will safely keep in the fridge as I wont use it again till Tuesday on pv day.

For tea Im making the slightly spiced chicken with broccoli, courgettes and carrots. im going to use some of the chicken in a quiche for tomorrow lunch at work. I havent made one yet so thanks for your suggestions. I need to use up some smoked salmon so will make two. Did you sayyou made them and froze them or am I thinking of something else? Lol. Can I also ask how long the bread lasts does it need to be in the fridge and will it go soggy? Sorrynfor so many questions!

I had forgotten just how good this site is, with all the help and support from people all at different stages of the path.
I am going tomgive you a name change however and call you 'the oracle' or 'the go to Gal' lol. Simply because you amaze with your knowledge and inventiveness with the recipes. I feel like Im learning to cook all over again.

best regards
Vamps.

Bless you, you are welcome, sun finally showed here in hull earlier, but not for long. i am one of those people that goes in to things full ahead, no half measures.....so when I started the diet I did days and days of research and looked for hundreds of recipes. I googled Dukan Diet Recipes, one great site is mydukandiet, she has loads....though not all are accurate. I copied and pasted them into word and then printed out into a folder. I have over 150 pages now with at least two recipes on each page. Not all of them are likeable though LOL.

Sweetner does leave an aftertaste, and yes you do get used to it I'm afraid its one of those compromises we have to make. I must admit I couldn't eat a full chicken either, but can happily put away two chicken breasts. i used fajita seasoning tonight with a small amunt of chopped onion, also made some lean burgers and had two of those with my chicken. Just had sweet omlette and yogurt for supper. So full right now.

I've never actually made the mayonnaise as I have thing about raw eggs too, although I have use eggs in choc mousse. I use FF Fromage Frais or Quark, flavour it with some lemon juice and mint or basil and galic and use that as a dressing. I also use balsamic vinegar as a dressing.

Yes you can freeze them, if I am making mini quiches (small silicon muffin moulds), I quite often make about ten and put half in the freeer. Put a little bit of salmon in the bottom of the mould, a few prawns on top. Mix a tablespoon of cottage cheese with an egg and then pour slowly over the fish so it soaks thru to the bottom....This will prob make about 5 but it does depend on how big the moulds are. I'm suggesting smaller amounts as a try out, I always had a heaped tablespoon of cottage per egg. Once fully cold then freeze seperately, once they are all frozen they can then all be put in the same bag in the freezer and they won't stick together. take out of freezer at breakfast and they will be defrosted for lunch.

I find the bread will only last a couple of days, I freeze that too if i make too much, take as much out as you need then.

Lol to the cooking, I know what you mean. I Have always loved cooking but rarely did anything exciting as my two are faddy, well I say faddy my DD isn't but I don't think she would eat all the spices I have.

Keep going hun, you're doing really well
xx

Back