Dukan = YouCan to me ...

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
Hi everyone .... I use to be a prolific poster on Minis a year or so ago. I was a CDC and successfully "did" and "undid" cambridge twice. I've had lots of changes in the last year and I'm no longer a CDC and despite having enough shakes/soups to feed a small army left in stock couldn't face doing it again. First time round I lost 4stone .... next time I only gained 3 and second time around lost the 3 - which I've put back on!! That said I want to lose 4stone as it is so easy to gain a few pounds .....

I bought the book .... read it and started just over a week ago. 7lbs lost in my first week and I'm so chuffed. With my calculations of losing about 2lb per week from now on ... that takes me to just before Xmas ....and even with my birthday next week, a trip to Paris 2weeks after that etc etc - I still see NO reason why I can't do this diet!! Not what I'd have been saying on cambridge!!!

Thanks for advice that venison burgers are a no no :cry:loved them too ...oh well will go find my local farmers market and get some ostrich burgers instead.:)

Love the muller lite yogurts - especially frozen ... are the orange/choc sprinkle ones allowed in the 2 fruit ones a day?? I saw someone say you can have lemon yogurts .... where do you get them? I've only seen perle du lait and they're not fat free.

Managed to find some oat bran finally .... I bought 3 packs of it!! The lady in Waitrose obviously thought I had a mad oat bran fetish!! Had previously bought other ones only to find they are porridge oats ...(my other half will be having flap jacks or porridge for a long time!!)

Thanks for all the advice on this forum ... still busy reading back through the pages!!

Beverley xx

Hi Beverley, welcome and well done on your loss so far!!!!
ref the choc ones i really am not sure but im sure the answer will be a no!
Its great to have new members on here, get posting your menus in the sticky and your results when you WI!!!

I would struggle on cambridge....its not real food, at least with this its a plan for life and does teach you a lot!!!

Thanks Vicky! .... thought a no ... typical!! What about banana custard ones?? lol you can see I have a sweet tooth!!!!!

Lol you should try some of the recipes for the egg custard and the muffins then!
Ive got a banana custard one in my freezer but we arent allowed bananas at all i dont think. hang on ill BRB

we arent allowed bananas and it has banana puree in. Oh no im gonna chuck mine out now :(

You can have banana flavouring... (I bought four different flavourings here - praline, nut, dark chocolate, and lemon... I'm not that impressed but some people go crazy over them!)

If you fancy them Bev, I'll let you know the address for when you come to Paris...

I couldn't do LL or CD either. I like my food too much...

You can have banana flavouring... (I bought four different flavourings here - praline, nut, dark chocolate, and lemon... I'm not that impressed but some people go crazy over them!)

If you fancy them Bev, I'll let you know the address for when you come to Paris...

I couldn't do LL or CD either. I like my food too much...

Thanks ... the lemon one would be great .... I've seen lemon yogurts in France too, are they fat free?? You'll have to tell me which ones we can have - what's french for fat free??!!!

You see 0% written all over everything that's ok Dukan... "Sveltesse Ferme & Fondant" yoghurts are excellent... packs of 12 comprising lemon, coconut, vanilla and fruits of the forest.

Also my other half loves Taillefine 0% yoghurts (with pieces of fruit in, so restricted to two a day... but the lemon one is gorgeous!).

I make "lemon meringue pie" with it!

Lemon meringue pie ....Mmmmmmm stop it!!! I'll have to bring my trip forward!! Don't suppose I'll be able to bring them home with me?? Travelling via eurostar .... maybe .... will have to find out as can then freeze them when I get home!! Think I may habve to invest in a LARGE cool bag!!

The lemon one we get here is WW :D

It'd be a bit awkward on the train if you get caught smuggling food! depends how hot it is in August too, I guess... are you staying in a hotel?

is the WW fat free? (Over here, I've tried a few WW desserts when calorie counting, rather than Dukaning, and they seem far too nice to be fat free!)

If you can find lemon yoghurts in England, you too can make "lemon meringue pie" (note the apostrophes, cos you do need a little imagination!!).

I mix the mixture for a galette, a little runnier than usual to be able to spread it onto a piece of silicon paper thinly, and bake in oven 20 mins 200°C, turning over after 10 mins. Take out, reduce oven temperature to 150°C.

There's your "base". Place in fridge to cool, and mix 2 lemon yoghurts with a spoonful sweetener, an egg yolk and some fat free fromage frais.

Spoon onto now cold galette, and bake 10 mins. Leave to "set" in fridge.

Take two egg whites, beat until very stiff, add tablespoon powdered sweetener, stir in quickly, blob over lemon meringue concoction and pop in oven, 150°C to cook meringue 10 mins, then turn off oven and leave in there.

I have also been lazy and just spooned yoghurt onto the cold galette. And the meringue you can just dab blobs on silicon paper and cook... leave meringue to crisp in oven with oven turned off.

Best thing is that, cos you've used your Galette, you have to eat it ALL up!!

Last edited:
dont think completely fat free but very low fat.

Welcome, well done and good luck.

I eat the weightwatchers citrus yogurts if I buy fruit ones, probably not perfect but they'e not interferring so far.

You can put a few drops of flavouring in plain too. I've been having rhubarb mixed in on PV days.

My mum did cambridge (It may have been diff name) in the early 80s and blew up like a balloon, retained all the liquid from the shakes.

My mum did cambridge (It may have been diff name) in the early 80s and blew up like a balloon, retained all the liquid from the shakes.
omg really?

I think once you have to start introducing real food back in it would be hard not to go mental!

ooh good luck. Galettes need to be slow and low cooked :D

Good luck with the gallette, I've still not tried - but happy with muffins for now :)

Dont think Mum has tried to diet since....
I hate milkshake and am fussy with soup so never considered meal replacement but yeah must be mental working out how to maintain weight after. With Dukan (and Atkins and other plans) its easier to push the boundaries and see what we can get away with.

Back