Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

My sponge is on the cooling rack now - trouble is it doesn't last long once it has the filling in!

I think the duck eggs take 28 days and she has been on them for 9 days. The bantams take 18 days apparently!

I also think it is quite chilly out of the sun and it is chilly in the house - I often think it is warmer outside than in!

Hate to confess this, but I've been wearing jeans, t-shirt and a light sweater even on what everyone else thinks have been warm days - well, apart from one day when I did go sweaterless. Everyone else around here seems to be wearing shorts and tiny summer dresses, but it's actually quite chilly out of the sun, I think!

Ah yes me too! Always cold these days ;) Especially in the house / in the shade. the last few days I've been wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt, a thin fleece and a bit cardy on top at home. Drop the cardy at work, but similar layering going on...

I've livened my PP day up with some attack - friendly cheesecake - recipe coming up.

Is everyone finding that they are cooler in general these days? I think losing a layer of 'natural insulation' definitely makes a difference, and I find it harder to get comfortable too - being more 'bony' i suppose :)

Most definitely - I had put it down to getting older but I think I feel better about it being due to less insulation! Saying that my tummy is still quite nice to cuddle up to on a cold night:eek:

Is everyone finding that they are cooler in general these days? I think losing a layer of 'natural insulation' definitely makes a difference, and I find it harder to get comfortable too - being more 'bony' i suppose :)

Yes that's exactly it! You've lost your insulation :D:D

And bony - indeed - ouch! Kids on my lap can be a challenge (bony meets bony :D), and some of the floor exercises we do for Yoga are quite uncomfortable on the spine now (I need a better mat!)

Mouse i total read that as you had children in the oven :eek:

So I've bony cold uncomfortableness to look forward too :sigh: you all make skinniness sound so appealing :D

So I've bony cold uncomfortableness to look forward too :sigh: you all make skinniness sound so appealing :D

Stop making me chuckle you lot - trying to work here :D

which I would welcome to be hones as it is very fry!

and I thought it was the northerners among us I'd need subtitles for ;)

Congratulations on those jeans! Isn't it a great feeling when something slips on and closes without a problem! Makes it all worthwhile.

I made a two day batch of goji and also smoked fish muffins last night, big fluffy ones. To differentiate between the two, I sprinkled three (yes I counted them!!) gojis on each goji muffin and they turned crispy! YUM!

Stop making me chuckle you lot - trying to work here :D

Yes me too - not advisable in an open-plan office! :D:D:eek:

The bony comment - you have to take the rough with the smooth: There are indeed *some* advantages to carrying more padding...

and I thought it was the northerners among us I'd need subtitles for ;)

Congratulations on those jeans! Isn't it a great feeling when something slips on and closes without a problem! Makes it all worthwhile.

I made a two day batch of goji and also smoked fish muffins last night, big fluffy ones. To differentiate between the two, I sprinkled three (yes I counted them!!) gojis on each goji muffin and they turned crispy! YUM!

I think I need a holiday :D
Oh I do love my gojis! I couldn't believe the Dukan official shop though when I looked yesterday (looking at the ingredients in their flavourings and looking to see if they had this goats cheese one yet) - they seem to be selling all kinds of rubbish!

At least dinner would be high protein... ;)

Don't panic, I'd totally take bony and cold these days over the old me. Though I did layer up with 2 jumpers and a coat this lunchtime as it looked so chilly!

My sponge is on the cooling rack now - trouble is it doesn't last long once it has the filling in!

I think the duck eggs take 28 days and she has been on them for 9 days. The bantams take 18 days apparently!

The filling is usually the best bit about sponge cake - again, I'm drooling here, thinking of the one you've just made! :D

Re the eggs, must be a shorter time for the bantams as they're such little ones. I bet the chicks are unbelievably cute. I've never seen baby bantams. Anyway, sounds as though there's still hope for a duckling, then.

Well, I'm glad that it's not just me who's feeling cold. Definitely could be something to do with the less insulation theory, Em.

So there is a drawback to being able to fit into nice clothes again, after all!

As for that goat's cheese flavouring, I'm actually slightly retching at the thought of it. Will you really be buying some, Mousie? If so, you're going to have to let us know what it's like - I imagine that it will be vile beyond belief, but Dr D might surprise us.

The cake has all gone!!

I agree the flavouring sounds vile beyond belief - but just wondering what it would be like! He does a butter one too which they are selling in the UK - and I have seen that online elsewhere. I am just wondering really - become a bit obsessed with finding the best sweet flavourings and thinking it could be ok. It made me laugh though as they are selling it on the French site as Chevre flavour - which I thought was goat - maybe goat and goat's cheese share the same word.

Anyway I wasn't imagining anything great with goat's cheese flavouring but now I am picturing Goat flavouring:D

I think I've got the butter flavouring... all the flavourings I bought were nasty. EVIL in fact!

I went to a shop called "G. Detou" (great play on words for those of you who speak French). Amazing place, look here:
Detou, Detou à Paris

Mouse - What took you so long with the cake? I would have demolished it in seconds! :p;)

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse flavouring than goat's cheese, but goat would definitely do the trick. :eek::yuk:

Thanks for the link, Jo. I could probably while away hours in that shop. Fantastic place!

Actual goat is nice! Roast or in a curry.

(hard hat at the ready;))

Haven't bought any Dukan flavourings, if I had to choose one though, it wouldn't be goats cheese!

Actual goat is nice! Roast or in a curry.

(hard hat at the ready;))

Haven't bought any Dukan flavourings, if I had to choose one though, it wouldn't be goats cheese!

The cuter an animal is, the less easy it is for me to eat it. I love goats. I also have a problem with eating hare and rabbit. Having said that, whilst I adore ducks, they taste too nice not to eat. :eek:

Just popped back as I forgot to post today's menu. Can't understand how I managed to forget Burger Day!

PV Burger Day:

B Yoghurt, apple juice
L Mushroom and thyme soup, sandwich made from 1/4 Em's mince frittata, gherkin and bread, followed by yoghurt
D Galette, burger, homemade ketchup, grilled onion, cheese, gherkin, followed by crème au chocolat

I think I'll bring all my flavourings over to England next time... for Mousey... (bit far for Tan to come to my hometown methinks...)

I think I'll bring all my flavourings over to England next time... for Mousey... (bit far for Tan to come to my hometown methinks...)

You should make Mousie do blind taste tests to see if she can decipher what the horrid things are supposed to taste of! :D

(Sorry, Mousie. ;) )

Back