Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

STS at my weigh-in, hurray! I do hope this means that I'm levelling out and stabilising.

Anyway, am having a full-on gala tonight, something I've been craving for months.

PV with gala 1 today:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Cheese and spring onion toasted sandwich, yoghurt
D (gala 1) Chinese takeaway - very probably crispy fried beef in a sweet and sour sauce with fried rice - eek! And a brownie if there's room for afters, along with a glass of cider

I loved the way you have a burger day and a gala day - I think we should come up with some new days for you:

Goat Tuesday
Duck Wednesday
Meaty Thursday

Goat Tuesday

Mousie, I am starting to worry about you - you're becoming obsessed with goats! :eek:;)

I think you should get some as companions to the chucks. Then, you could start manufacturing your own goat flavourings in direct competition with Dr D. :D

Well, the final components of our new bathroom arrived on Friday and the fitters are scheduled to return tomorrow to put them in place. I am now desperately trying to decide what colour roller blind - my favourite is either a mulberry or plum shade of purple, but one of our neighbours reckons hot pink would be good. (I'm really not a pink person, though.)

Anyway, today (especially for Mousie) is Yorkshire Pud Sunday! I'm going to try and make them with WM flour in a silicone bun tray for my carb meal.

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette with bread, followed by yoghurt
D (carb 1) Roast beef, WM Yorkshire pud, broccoli, carrots, 2 small dry-roast potatoes and gravy from meat juices (all fat removed), followed by crème au chocolat

:eat: I'll be over later!

I love that plum/mulberry (not sure of the difference) colour and would give hot pink a miss too!

Good news re the bathroom; work on our conservatory has halted after we finally got the builders to listen to the listed building people. The builders now have to construct a test wall of 100 bricks and after 11 days they can paint the wall and call the listed lady and then she will come out to inspect within 4 working days to tell them if they can continue or not! It's the builders that agreed these conditions with the listing people but us who are trying to make sure they adhere to the conditions!

here's looking onwards to goat Monday :)
I think we can have goat sausages according to the book - something daft like that :)

Under normal circumstances, NO but sometimes I do quite fancy something different! I must look up whether we can eat actual goat meat too as I'm sure our farm shop stocks it and I'm sure I remember it being like lamb.

Which reminds me that as soon as I asked the butcher in our local farm shop for a couple of lamb steaks, the baa'ing started up in a nearby field. It felt as though the lambs there were trying to make me feel guilty for eating their brother or sister. :eek:

Anyway, Goat(less) Monday is finally here, in all of its PV glory:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, orange juice
L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette with bread, yoghurt
D Steak with mushroom sauce, paprika celeriac chips and green beans, followed by crème au chocolat

Manda, goat is a bit like lamb and quite fatty, so I'd say no until conso (gala) and how he can justify goat sausages, I don't know (as sausages are about the fattiest way of eating meat).

How about Rabbit Monday? Rabbit is allowed on Dukan:).

Think I'll have a spring onion omelette too, DD - thanks for the inspiration.:)

Back to my dance class for the first time in ages. I'd really missed it and it felt ever so good to be back. Then a lovely walk home in the sunshine.

PV with gala today (or Chocolate Truffle Torte Day, as Mousie would probably call it):

L Beef and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (gala 2) Red pepper and tomato soup with cheese garlic pizza, followed by chocolate truffle torte with single cream

Ohh I love you desserts over and over again! I never seem to manage them often - they get hijacked - social occasions intervene, so I had a piece of cheesecake in the afternoon of a Gala day and a normal (read yoghurt, fruit) dessert. I did have a double choc Mini-Magnum at the weekend though. But been very strict for the rest of the week, and managed to not have more than one treat a day at the weekend; must make sure I STS at the very least till the end of the month.

Mmm i think I am going to change my plans and have a chocolate truffle torte day instead of a goat or chicken day today :)

Just quickly popping in to give my menu.

PV with carb day, AKA Mexican Day!

L Beef and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D Beef and veg tortilla with cheese and fromage frais/chive dip, followed by crème au chocolat

I am having a chicken and salmon day today :D

- but think I might try and make some kind of scotch egg type affair with some minced chicken.

That sounds like a great idea mouse, if i liked boiled eggs i'd give it a go, but i'll look forward to hearing the results!

Back