Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

If he says it's ok, it must be! :rolleyes:
(I'm a linguist rather than a mathematician, but I do like rules which are consistent!! haaaa!). I'll have a go without the plum sauce, cos I haven't got any!

Well, I hate mathematics and would have loved to have been a linguist, Jo! Language absolutely fascinates me. That's one good thing about living in France: you're surrounded by people who are passionate about their mother tongue. It's probably the one place on earth where a book on etymology managed to hit the best-selling charts! (I actually bought it - "L'Histoire des Mots Français Venus d'Ailleurs".)

As for the meatballs, why not add some soy sauce instead? You wouldn't need the Worcestershire Sauce either then. For herbs, I use a combination of rosemary and mint, which is very tasty indeed.

Despite my one full gala and one semi-gala meals last week, I somehow managed to lose 1lb, which was very unexpected.

Tonight is my gala night for this week, and here is my menu for today:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Cheese and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D Sausage hotpot (sausages, carrots, courgettes, peas and baby potatoes in a herby cider/crème fraîche sauce), followed by Chocolate Truffle Torte with a little single cream. I shall also drink a small glass of cider (finishing the remainder of the little bottle I'll be using to make the sauce)

Can't wait for tonight!

mmmmmm, truffle torte! I must stop tormenting myself with these conso diaries!

Enjoy your dinner tonight :)

Ha ha me too Emma been reading with my tongue hanging out, sounds fab!!

YES!!!

DD well done, and yes looks like conso is working well for you too, as it did for me, I ended up increasing some intakes (fruit) after a few weeks on Conso as I kept losing, 4lb under was enough (and will be unmaintainable in the long run no doubt). We are all so very cautious at the beginning, which is great, as really you need a gradual increase of your carb intake. Enjoy your Galas!

Thank you, Anja.

Actually, I really think that I overdid my gala last night and ate far too much. Perhaps my tastes have changed also as I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd expected - apart from the choc truffle torte! I definitely think that I need to reduce my portion sizes for gala as the amount I ate seemed far too much for me and I felt uncomfortably full afterwards. This is probably a very good thing and should encourage me to eat much more sensibly, hopefully. It seems that I'm satisfied with far less than I was previously.

Anyway, today's PV menu is:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich
D Cottage pie with butternut squash and parsnip topping, plus my cheese ration melted on top

I'm absolutely thrilled as I can now wear size 10 skinny jeans without looking like I'm perched on top of enormous tree trunks! I think the combo of lack of fat in the diet and tons of exercise has really helped to tone my legs. Hurray!

Unfortunately, I forgot to buy fruit juice at the weekend but have put it onto my shopping list for next weekend. I may also dig out some recipes for including a bit of fruit into my savoury meals as I find it's more palatable that way.

Today, I'll be eating:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D Marengo chicken (chicken cooked with tomato, onion and mushrooms), crème au chocolat

Looking forward to starting my dance exercise classes again today. Love that belly dancing!

Today's menu is:

B Yoghurt
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich
D Dukan pizza (galette topped with tomato purée, cheese ration, mushrooms, some kind of meat, onion and an egg), crème au chocolat.

Nice sounding menu (especially the desert!!) well done on those skinny jeans - I'm not really foaming at the mouth in jealousy!

Hypnosis booked - first session next Thursday - wooohooo - can't wait!

Really good work on noticing you are full. I use to make a point to myself of leaving food still on my plate when we went out. I did this in my 'thin years' after having success in reaching my goal weight. I was truly full and thought well if I leave it then I can have another meal out next week and be normal and maintain my new figure.

Well done on the skinny jeans. They have been a staple in my wardrobe for 3 years now. I love wearing them with boots, heels or turning up the cuff and with thongs.

Yes the 'full' feeling. I found that the 200gr carbs ration for a carb meal is far too much, especially if you're trying to add a reasonable amount of meat and veg to it to be balanced. So after the first week I have never had 200gr of Pasta/rice for a Carb meal. Last night I measured out 120gr of bown rice and it was still too much & could not finish. I wonderis there is another instruction hidden in there; 'have all your carbs in one go, do not spread them throughout the day' so I don't think you could have half your allowance for lunch and half for dinner. Ditto the cheese portion I *think*.

lajlaj - The funny thing is that I've never been able to get away with skinny jeans (even when I was slim before). I always looked terrible in them. I swear that Dukan has made all the difference!

As for the crème au chocolat, it sounds nicer than it tastes. The first time I tried it, I almost spat it out! However, I need my chocolate (even if it is just a tiny amount of cocoa powder in there) and, once you get used to them, these help to satisfy my sweet tooth. I also initially hated the muffins, but really look forward to them now. Desperate times need desperate measures and all that! ;-)

Good luck with your hypnosis session. You must give us a big update on that as it sounds fascinating. It worked tremendously for my ex-brother-in-law with smoking, so let's hope it's as successful for you.

Bren - I was always brought up to clear my plate of food and NEVER leave anything. It's such a difficult habit to break and has meant that I have eaten in the past to the point where I feel sick. I think that putting smaller portions on my plate might work better, psychologically, since I've been brainwashed so much with the plate-clearing. All of this experience is helping to get a better idea of how much is the right amount to make me feel satisfied, which is great.

Definitely agree with you about the skinnies - so much easier to wear with nice biker boots, etc. Love them! Of course, that means I'm going to have to work hard to keep my legs toned so they don't revert back to the old tree trunks look! ;-)

Anja - I think that's the uncooked carb weight, isn't it? I must check as I'm due for my first proper carb meal this week and intend to cook wholemeal pasta. Unfortunately, I was hoping to split my cheese ration so that I could have some Parmesan on my pasta with the sauce and also have some Cheddar in my sandwich. Such a shame if that's not allowed. Still, that means extra cheese with the pasta, which is yum! :)

Hmmm, I still can't get my head around the gallettes - I have a whole post on various things I need to do but may well put it in the general section as it isn't really a diary entry.

Will definately let you know how the brainwashing goes. I'm soooo looking forward to it I can't tell you how much.

Hope you have had a good day.

lajlaj - Try a homemade burger wrapped in a galette with some onions, gherkins and homemade ketchup (tomato purée with sweetener and white wine vinegar mixed to taste). Delicious! They're great for using as wraps or tortillas.

They also make a good alternative to pizza bases. Now that you're coming onto Cruise, you can eat those. Some people cook the bases in the oven, but that didn't work for me so I cook the galette in a frying pan as normal, then pop it onto a baking tray and top it. As you can't have cheese at the moment, try putting tomato purée on the galette, some meat (ham is particularly nice), chopped onion, mushrooms, sweet peppers, whatever allowed veg you like. You can then either cook it in an oven as is (takes around 10 mins) or break an egg on top before you put it in the oven. Really tasty and makes a nice change.

Anyway, today is my first proper carb day. Gulp! Hope I get it right. I was going to split the cheese and have some with my lunchtime sandwich and then the rest on top of my main meal, but, as Anja correctly pointed it, the daily cheese portion should be eaten in one meal.

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D Wholemeal pasta with roasted red pepper and lean minced beef sauce, topped with Parmesan and Cheddar, followed by crème au chocolat

Sorry to be brief, but not sure if you're around.

The 200g is the cooked weight of the pasta...

As for splitting your cheese ration, even if it were allowed (I confirm that it's not, and Parmesan isn't on the list of ok cheeses anyway, is it? Hate cheese so can't remember!), it's such a tiny amount allowed, splitting it in two would be enough for a cube on a stick!

You mention portion size, and needing to reduce it. I agree. I look at this too (when not on Phases 1 and 2). Perhaps try smaller plates. Hence your eyes still see the full plate.

Sorry dashing off
x

Thanks, Jo. I've been googling and the consensus of opinion is that pasta doubles in weight when cooked, so I'll try cooking 4oz dried and then weigh it to make sure.

Happily, Parmesan is fine. The Doc even recommends it when he talks about eating pasta. It's a hard, "cooked" cheese, whereas the fermented, softer ones seem to be the fattiest. (Had a bit of a swot up on Conso in the book this morning.)

The smaller plate is definitely a good idea as it looks as though you're getting a whole plateful of food, rather than the same amount looking like a little desert island on a larger plate. Our brains are weird things, for sure! ;-)

Back