Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

I added a very enjoyable 30 mins walk home with a friend from my dance class to my exercise quota yesterday. Today will be the turn of a 4 mile brisk walk DVD (with lots of exercises thrown in), which lasts just under an hour.

Today is Carb day. Since I found the full Dukan-recommended portion to be too much last week, I shall prepare a little less this week and try to find the perfect portion for me.

The planned menu is:

B Yoghurt and oatbran, small glass of apple juice
L Ham and coleslaw sandwich, yoghurt
D WM pasta with bolognese sauce, topped with Parmesan as my daily cheese ration, crème au chocolat

You are right our menus are converging.... you've reminded me that I need to make a new batch of coleslaw!

It's so wonderful having coleslaw again! I'm never without it these days. Perfect for adding interest to a meal.

Actually, I overdid the carrot grating when I made my last batch yesterday, so will add the left-over grated carrot into the bolognese sauce.

I've gone off coleslaw...

<I ate a mouthful of "gone off" coleslaw before Christmas and haven't fancied it since!!>

I've gone off coleslaw...

<I ate a mouthful of "gone off" coleslaw before Christmas and haven't fancied it since!!>

Eurghhh!! That does tend to happen in situations like that.

About a year ago, I was ill in the early hours after eating a battered sausage and chips takeaway (a rare treat!) My illness wasn't actually anything to do with the takeaway - it was novovirus, but I haven't been able to face fish and chip shops since.

Finding a living caterpillar in some salad I was served at a restaurant put me off lettuce for quite a few years, too.

I wonder if I should get someone to put something nasty in a bar of chocolate? Maybe it might work as aversion therapy! :eek:

Ah yes we all have things like that. It's the body's defense mechanism. I wonder how to trick it though as suggested by DD? But the funniest thing that made me heave when I was pregnant was the smell of TOAST??? I had to dash for fresh air more than once...

Aversions in pregnancy, am gagging at the memory. Pesto (and I'd made about 2 litres of the stuff just before I found out I was pregnant, frozen it in portions then bagged it all and put that in boxes but I could still smell it - had to bin the lot, defrost and scrub out the freezer. Have never made it again).

More waffle....

Anja - Oh wow, and toast must be one of the nicest smells in the world usually!

Laura - Poor you, that sounds really extreme!

Whilst I've never been pregnant, I do remember trying a particular perfume once. It smelt lovely in the bottle and contained mostly tuberose. However, on me it smelt incredibly strongly of rancid butter. Naturally, it ended up being one of the longest lasting perfumes I've ever tried. For over 2 days, I kept scrubbing at my wrist with soap and a strongly-bristled nail brush. Despite rubbing my skin raw, the smell was still strong enough to make me retch during that whole time!

Anyway, onto my PP menu:

B Yoghurt
L Omelette with ham and a tiny sprinkling of chives, yoghurt
D Galette with meatloaf, crème au chocolat

mmmm .... toast with basil pesto and grilled cheese :0

I used to go past a Nestle factory on the train to work, which smelled like toast and lived near a mars factory which made the air smell of hot choc on a good day.

a mars factory which made the air smell of hot choc on a good day.

I am so incredibly glad that I don't live anywhere near that factory. I would probably be the size of a house if I did - way too tempting a smell!

I had to stop going to Pilates classes because the gorgeous aroma wafting from the Chinese takeaway on the way home was too much for me. :eek:

Ohh dear - I cycle home past lots of (nice indian and chinese) Takeaway shops on Monday nights and it always makes me think 'mmmhhh hungry' but I'd never be tempted to stop though.

I used to live in Newcastle and the Brewery there frequently created malted smells. Nice if you like Horlicks, not so nice if you don't (...anymore, another post-sickness aversion of mine)

I'm weird, Anja, in that I love the smell of malt but don't like to eat it!

Back onto PV today, but am dreading weigh-in tomorrow morning as it's TOTM and I'm also wary because of the pound I gained last week.

I'll be doing similar exercise to yesterday: following a DVD with a short Pilates warm-up, followed by just over 2 miles of walking with added exercises and a Pilates toning workout - lasting about 55 mins in total. Added to this will be several minutes of arm exercises using a resistance band. (Yesterday I used 2 x 1kg hand weights instead.)

I plan to eat (as long as I remember to pop to the shop to stock up on eggs as I've run out):

B Yoghurt, small glass of apple juice
L Left-over meatloaf, green beans, bread ration, yoghurt
D Galette, home-made burger, home-made ketchup, grilled onions, gherkin, cheese ration, followed by crème au chocolat

Hurray, hurray, hurray! Despite all of my panicking, this morning's weigh in showed me to have STS. Such a relief.

I really should get myself more mentally prepared for fluctuations as it's bound to happen, no matter what. There are some things (hormones, water retention etc) that are beyond my control. I need to relax more about it all. Will try very hard to take on Jo's excellent advice on the subject.

I've not done any specific exercise routine today as I did loads of brisk walking to, from and around town. (I used to complain about my husband parking so very far away, but am loving it now as it's great exercise!)

Bought a bargain pair of cigarette pants on ebay this morning. Haven't been able to wear those for years because of my thunder thighs. Am hoping that they'll look a lot better on my newly toned, very much slimmed-down legs. Fingers crossed! (I know that I sound obsessed with legwear at the moment, but it's been so many years since my legs were this slim that I'm making the most of it! ;-) )

It's gala day today. Hurray again! My favourite.

B Yoghurt with oatbran, small glass of apple juice
D (Gala) 1 tortilla made with stir-fried lean gammon, courgette, onion, red pepper, sweetcorn, fresh coriander and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, wrapped in a soft tortilla, then topped with cheese and baked in the oven. Accompanied by a mixed leaf salad. Dessert is 1 homemade dark choc brownie

Just a flying visit today!

I was rather naughty last night and ended up eating 2 tortillas instead of one, although I did discard most of the bread bit of the second wrap.

Here's my menu:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
D Vicky's Cheeseburger pie with salad, crème au chocolat

Almost accidentally doubled up on my fruit ration today by having my usual glass of fruit juice, but have incorporated it into tonight's dinner instead for a change - easy enough to do with apples.

PV today:

B Yoghurt and oatbran
L Cheese and chive omelette, salad, bread
D Pork steak (all fat removed) with sage and apple on a bed of leeks, onion and red peppers. Followed by crème au chocolat

Looking good still! Great work on sts DSD xx

I'm really pleased for you to have a STS... it looks as if you're doing some nice cooking too (and isn't that cb pie lovely! did you do an Atkins one or Vicky's amended Dukan one? I've just finished a piece of mine for lunch. Lovely!)

Thanks also for the info I forget where ref DVDs for USA. It is difficult as this person is incredibly generous and keeps mailing me clothes from the States, and I'd like to reciprocate with something other than "tights from M&S" - always top on her wish list!

I just checked out your photos to see these slim legs... alas no photos! sniff

I love your menus - such yummy cooking! I'll come back here when in need of inspiration I think! Well done!

Thanks, Bren!

Jo - I made Vicky's version (which is great as you can always add or subtract various veggies for a change). It really is delicious, so easy to make, and the bonus is that my non-Dukan husband enjoys it very much, too.

You're very welcome re the DVD info. Maybe keep a look out on the amazon.com site for series 3 to come out. Both of the first series are already available, so I suspect that it may not be too long a wait. In the meantime, M&S tights are great! And as you know from living in France, it's always wonderful to get some favourites sent from back home. I'm sure your friend is more than happy to receive them. :)

Sorry about the lack of photos. I hate having my photo taken and so avoid cameras like the plague. Maybe I should just take one of my legs! ;-)

Anja - That's really kind of you to say so, particularly as I regard you as the Delia Smith of Dukan cooking! I've been flipping through my vast collection of Weight Watchers cookbooks to try to find or adapt some Dukan-friendly recipes. I think I shall start posting any good ones on the Recipes board very soon - probably starting with the Roast Red Pepper and Mince Pasta Sauce one as it's one of my new favourites.

Back