Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Aaah, it's good to be back! Obsessing over food labels and weigh-ins, waiting patiently for becca's next recipe, following Pauline's new diet escapades... :)

Major shop today, and I managed to find a few things that have been on my wishlist for a while: 1cal cooking spray, skimmed milk powder, quorn!! I've also been trawling amazon this week and restocking my liquid stevia supply. And this morning my finger slipped on the submit button (I swear!) and I am now expecting the delivery of an ice cream maker. Well, I reckon it's worth £27 to be able to make the fat free frozen yoghurt and desserts that are going to save me over the coming weeks. I hear they make a mean frozen margarita too, but that's my carrot at the end of the tunnel. Well you know what I mean :)

enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a delicious dukan dinner!

Well helloooo! Great to hear from you! The last few months sound really hectic - have you bought a house yet and, if so, where?

Well done for getting back on the Dukan bus, though you're really slim anyway. I myself am looking forward to getting back into the exercise routine once the kiddies are back at school - feeling flabby too!

Don't be a stranger again! Is it about time we started the ball rolling about another Dukan get-together?? xx

Hey sara! Thanks for the welcome (back) :)

We've found a house in Putney/ Southfields, and are in the process of arranging the dreaded mortgage. I'm really hoping it works out but since I'm still in the middle of my uk residence application, and OH and I only arrived this year, we may not meet lending criteria. Will be gutted if we lose it as we looked at so many before finding something we both liked, and prices will be much higher the longer we wait... But things have been working out for us so far this year and I'm going to be optimistic - and if it doesn't happen, it's because something better is waiting around the corner!

Another meet up sounds great, maybe London this time?

Sigh, back to work tomorrow, i'd better get some sleep.

Have a great week,

Cx

Scales moving in the right direction this morning, although I'll wait till Monday before updating anything. Well, except for the fact that my scale adds on over a kilo at the first weighing... I weigh myself 3 or 4 times just to make sure and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th times are all the same, 1kg less than the first time, but it's still a shock to the system! I changed the batteries this weekend but it's still acting up, so at some point I'm going to get an alternate wi option.

Good pp'ish day yesterday (I made fish soup with a bit of tomato, onion and celery in the base) but all in all a positive start.

I'm also realising now why you have to stick with protein Thursdays even after you reach tw - I didn't, and I now see how many good habits I lost over time.

Back to work lovelies; onwards and downwards!

Cx

Fish soup sounds nice,
I've just reread some of the dukan book & it's amazing how the bad habits come creeping back in!

Thanks china. Yes, it was nice: had it for lunch today too! Made it for dinner before hubby got home and he raved about it - didn't even realize it was diet food :) dead easy too: I 'fry' the onions, celery and garlic with a spritz of 1cal olive oil spray, throw in some frozen seafood, fish fillets and crab sticks, and then simmer with stock and a can of tomatoes. And then add whatever spices you prefer: I used some chili and curry.

So, I was aiming for another pp day (hoping I can kickstart ketosis this week), and lunch went well. Unfortunately I had to run from work to meet OH and friends at the cinema. Managed to grab some quick sashimi beforehand, but it wasn't really enough so I ended up getting a plate of sole goujons at the bar :-( Not great but it was the best thing on the menu.

Hope you've all had a nice day back at work.

Cx

yum at sole goujons! I'm having a PP day once a week too and am actually enjoying it! I always liked having a piece of salmon, a chicken leg, and a boiled egg for my lunch at work, and a ham and low fat cheese omelette for tea finishes the day nicely! I have it on a Monday while full of Sunday fruit treats! :)

Yes, it's surprising how much fun it is to start getting creative with pp meals again! And I think I would do Mondays instead of protein Thursdays too, because it's usually the quietest social day of the week, it's a good way to get on track after indulging on the weekend, and it gives you more time to prepare some protein meals on the weekend if necessary.

Scales still moving downward so no damage from the goujons yet :)

Not too bad, actually - that's probably why I make it with curry, to disguise the smell!

Made progress on the exercise front today, cycling to work for the first time in a few weeks. 13km each way, so if I can keep that up 3 or 4 times a week I'll be happy. Not sure about winter, but hopefully by then we'll be in our new house and I can set up a yoga/insanity room for myself! (Mortgage looks set to go, subject to the valuation!!)

Did a quick shopping excursion at lunch and picked up 4 different varieties of shirataki/konjac noodles and rice. I think they'll be a staple on pp days from now on. the best part could be that it looks like you're eating normally, and helps to avoid the funny looks in the office canteen :)

Happy hump day everyone Cx

Hmm, browsing the diaries and making lists of all the delicious dukan dishes I've been missing! Burgers, salt and pepper chicken, butternut pudding... Yumm!

Tonight's dinner was creamy tuna (cottage cheese and a spoon of extra light philly) with konjac noodles. I've done mostly pp since Monday so I guess I can go pv tomorrow, but I'm quite enjoying this! I also need to decide if I'm doing 1/1 cruise, or maybe 5 pv 2 pp, but for now I'll just see how I go.

My ice cream maker was waiting on the doorstep when I got home, so I think I'll be experimenting with fat free frozen yoghurt for the rest of the week!
Cx

Carol your doing great.......little tip...light a candle while cooking fish and let it burn after, takes all smells away ;-) grandmas tricks are the best xxx

"Happy hump day"?
That creamy tuna dish sounds nice... I've stopped buying tuna, as I find it hard to swallow being so dry, but your addition of xlite philly must help with that. I've konjac noodles in my lunch today too. I cooked up a batch of quorn mince with them in a Bolognese sauce, and froze in four portions. Very low in calorie too!

Hmm, browsing the diaries and making lists of all the delicious dukan dishes I've been missing! Burgers, salt and pepper chicken, butternut pudding... Yumm!

Tonight's dinner was creamy tuna (cottage cheese and a spoon of extra light philly) with konjac noodles. I've done mostly pp since Monday so I guess I can go pv tomorrow, but I'm quite enjoying this! I also need to decide if I'm doing 1/1 cruise, or maybe 5 pv 2 pp, but for now I'll just see how I go.

My ice cream maker was waiting on the doorstep when I got home, so I think I'll be experimenting with fat free frozen yoghurt for the rest of the week!
Cx
I'm looking forward to reading about how the frozen yoghurt experiment goes. If its good, I might be tempted to get one myself.

I'm looking forward to reading about how the frozen yoghurt experiment goes. If its good, I might be tempted to get one myself.

I'm happy to be the guinea pig: lining up some recipes for the weekend already! There is one for cinnamon ice cream on the dukan site that looks luscious, and some really simple frozen yoghurt ones too. I'm going to try and put some of the mixture in ice lolly moulds and see how that works too.

"Happy hump day"?
That creamy tuna dish sounds nice... I've stopped buying tuna, as I find it hard to swallow being so dry, but your addition of xlite philly must help with that. I've konjac noodles in my lunch today too. I cooked up a batch of quorn mince with them in a Bolognese sauce, and froze in four portions. Very low in calorie too!

Hehe - another Americanism I picked up in china :) Hump day is Wednesday ie the hump of the hill / middle of the work week. Took me a little by surprise when I first heard it.. ;-)

I picked up a pack of quorn mince this week, and I think your lunch idea sounds fab! I need to do more prep for work lunches this weekend... I'm stranded without lunch today so will need to raid the supermarket!

Cycled to work again. Yay! and I was quite late, so really went for it. I may have to resurrect the Exercise Challenge thread!

Scales showed a slight gain over yesterday but still down overall for the week, so nothing to worry about. I had dinner quite late last night, and those konjac noodles are pure fibre, so they might be (ahem) blocking my system :)

I will aim for another pp day today since I haven't been doing strict attack this week. And then do pv on the weekend. I think as a regular schedule I'm going to aim for pp on Mon, Wed and Fri with pv on the weekend, instead of alternating. I'll see how that works next week, but I like the idea of a fixed schedule that works around social life too.

Ok, system unblocked! Which should mean wi tomorrow is good BUT TOTM is approaching and I went overboard on the mueller lights today, which might negate the loss. I guess I'll have to wait till the week after to see the real results!

Back on my whey protein and wheatgrass breakfast smoothies, with garlic herb chicken for lunch and ham with cottage cheese dip for dinner. And I rediscovered my yoghurt smoothie recipe for dessert. Can't believe I'd forgotten about that!

Hooray, almost Friday!! Cx

Back