Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Thank u Sara! But social activities are looming, including Chinese dinner with friends tomorrow night and pub dinner Sunday evening... Hope I can stay strong and not overindulge!

Had creamy salmon and konjac noodles for dinner and frozen yoghurt for dessert (halfway through I remembered that the salmon might give me a gain tomorrow, and Friday is supposed to be my new wi day... But no worries, it's all going in the right direction.

I cycled in today and got drenched, even though the weather report insisted it was just cloudy! But I made my target for the week and have even stuck with the squats and side bends. Nice to feel my waist again :) Next week I may even test some of my tw clothes and see how they're fitting.

Mortgage docs arrived in the mail - phew! So we could be moving out in October. And then I'll be so busy ripping up carpets, painting walls, moving furniture and lifting boxes I won't need to work out at all :)

Friday the 13th tomorrow girls.., let's hope it's lucky for all of us! Cx

Yesterday I walked to work in the rain! Not an experience I particularly enjoyed but I was in such a bad mood at seeing the forecast, and realising how it's messing up my next week's plans, that I found it very calming... My arm ached somewhat on arrival from holding the brolley though!

Wow you are getting close... how exciting re move and mortgage etc x

Congrats on the mortgage & hooe the scales are favourable today.
have a great weekend & enjoy the Chinese food.

How is the icecream maker? thinking about getting one, which one do you have please?

Oh dear, Chinese food was waaaaay too good! No weighing until Monday :)

Happy weekend dukaneers (and fake IDers!) cx

Love the ice cream maker, china! Got the Andrew James one online. Great price, does the job. Need to make smaller batches as I'm running out of freezer space!

Love the ice cream maker, china! Got the Andrew James one online. Great price, does the job. Need to make smaller batches as I'm running out of freezer space!
Going to order one now!

Good for you! Look for the offer that comes with the free recipe book, on amazon I think.

Not exactly the weather for it, but who cares!

Ice cream is an any season treat xxx

Blimey Caro, well done for getting into sight of TW so quickly! And yeah, the rubbish weather isn't ideal for cycling *but* it's actually fairly rare for it to rain all that often in London. I mean, I've been walking to and from work most days of the week for over a year and there's only been a handful of occasions where I've given in and take a bus cos of rain.

Have I jinxed this summer by saying that?!?

Jo, love the image of you with your brolly! What about a pair of wellies? I've walked in to work in mine a few times and they're pretty comfy - I get insoles too tho.

Enjoy your nights out this weekend Caro and see you on it again on Monday!!

Jx

PS really want an ice cream maker now too! But I have one packed away in Edinburgh somewhere so must resist. No one needs two ice cream makers in their life !

Blimey Caro, well done for getting into sight of TW so quickly! And yeah, the rubbish weather isn't ideal for cycling *but* it's actually fairly rare for it to rain all that often in London. I mean, I've been walking to and from work most days of the week for over a year and there's only been a handful of occasions where I've given in and take a bus cos of rain.

Thanks joodle. I agree, I don't think it will rain constantly. And I might work out a walking route as an alternative, for the bad days. Good on you for walking to work, too!

So... too scared to weigh yesterday but I took a peek today. Up quite a bit, to 56.85, but hopefully most of that is temporary.

Friday was bad, I have to admit. It was a team member's birthday and I took the team out for lunch to a Spanish restaurant where we shared tapas. very few things I could safely eat: chorizo, meat balls, salad and Spanish omelette were about the best options, but definitely too much oil and salt. And of course I was still hungry when we got back, so after staring at my piece of the birthday cake for a few hours, I gave in and ate it. Only a tiny piece, and I'd tried to cover it up and then dispose of it later, but it was the first time I've given in to cravings so far on the diet. And if someone had brought around a box of chocolates at that point, I probably would have done worse!

Chinese dinner was delicious and lots of fun. I stuck to veg, tofu and meat, but had to wash it down with a small glass of beer.

Saturday was pretty good. The usual breakfast, followed by lunch at the pub: 2 diet cokes and a steak and salad and I felt in control again! Spicy tomato tuna and konjac rice for dinner, with pumpkin pudding. And then a piece of chicken a bit later!

Bought lots of asparagus yesterday so I'm going to have a huge portion for lunch, but we're going out to dinner again tonight. Food should be ok (steak or fish choices) but I may not be able to resist a glass of wine!

Anyway, a great weekend so far: did some clothes shopping yesterday and no need to try on bigger sizes for a change! And my belt has gone in by 1 hole.

Happy Sunday, lovelies Cxx

All sounding v good there Caro - I think once the birthday cake had been consumed that it would have been any bad food in sight would have been demolished!! Hope you have a lovely meal and enjoy your asparagas! I am making cottage pie today - flippin cold and miserable here and forecast worse later so gonna enjoy some winter food!!! LOL! x

Well done for not going off the rails despite small cheat - and remember, this is teaching you how to manage real life so it's a win!

You'll have to let me know where you get good Chinese in London - it's one cuisine I'm fairly unfamiliar with and so any insider info would be welcome!

Jx

Thanks Trudy and joodle - troodles? :)

Feeling a bit frustrated this week as the scales are not on my side. They're showing quite a gain since last week's low and honestly, I didn't indulge that much this weekend. Chinese dinner was fairly controlled pv with some beer, Saturday i was good as gold, and then Sunday evening I had a slightly naughty pan fried sea bass with creamy crab and veg at the pub. And a small glass of red. Salmon last night probably didn't help either, but I got home late and it was the quickest thing I could make.

Luckily I'm feeling good and clothes are continuing to feel looser, so I'm hoping the numbers are a consequence of the exercise. Cycling is more of a muscle builder than walking, I guess, and with the squats it could just be muscle weight. Which is fine, but seeing those rising numbers on the scale just makes me want to run straight to the convenience store and load up on a kilogram of chocolate bars! And the weather is making me huuuuuuungry!!

Sigh, enough whingeing for now. I've got an event tonight and will have to steer a wide berth around canapés and wine, so I need something to eat before I leave.

Onwards and downwards, gorgeous girlfriends :)

Trust the clothes & not the scales Caro.

Love u china xx just what I needed to hear :)

Yes, come on Caro - you're an old enough hand to know that Dukan scales can sometimes be a bit deceiving. What's that thing about muscles that have been worked (i.e. damaged) hold extra water while they repair? Makes a difference. And anyway, I bet you anything it's all back to normal in a day or two.

Ooh, been meaning to tell you - I found new flavours of shirataki noodles the other day. Pumpkin, carrot and spinach. Weird or what? I got pumpkin ones, will report back...

Jx

Caro, muscle weighs more than fat. Have you been measuring yourself? If you're spending a lot of time biking, you need to start measuring weekly instead of weighing, because you'll gain lots of leg and core muscles. Ignore the scales if they're getting you down. Remember when you told me about feeling how our clothes are fitting? China is exactly right - the clothing and not the scales!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Back