Dumpling mix

mejulie70

I will NOT eat chocolate
hi can anyone tell me the syn value of co-ops dumpling mix it says
per 1/8 pack
cal 125
fat 5.7g
carb 16.3
does that mean 20cal=1syn=6syns each if he makes eight out of the pack??
my OH has decided he's had enough diet food and wants potatoe hash(ash) for tea with dumplings and i dont know if i can resist also can i just check if im on extra easy day do i only have to syn the gravy mix as extra lean mince, onions,potatoes,carrots and oxo are all syn free????oh i mean as well as the dumplins lol :)

Yep that would be right I think, plus syns for anything else you need to add to the mix itself.

You would need to make sure that one third of your plate is superfree foods for it to count as extra easy and then yes only the gravy dumpling would be synnable.

thanks circes it says just add water to the dumplings . . . ill just have one . . i hope . . . and make him put peas and sweetcorn in the hash so it makes it up lol

Unfortunately peas and sweetcorn are not superfree foods and so would not count as part of your third. It is any free fruit and veg except potatoes, peas, sweetcorn, parsnips.

i thought peas and sweetcorn are free on green so would be on ee . .. if not can i not just have sum fruit after it ??

i thought peas and sweetcorn are free on green so would be on ee . .. if not can i not just have sum fruit after it ??

Peas and sweetcorns are a FREE food, they just don't count towards your 1/3 superfree of your meal, like Circes said, only fruit or unstarchy vegetables are SUPERFREE foods.

You could have fruit afterwards, but I personally don't recommend doing that for your 1/3 superfree because all that is doing is making you eat more food when you might not necessarily be hungry.,

The SUPERFREE ideally should be part of your meal as it is there to help control your portions of the other free foods.

If you don't add a 1/3 superfree food to you meal, then you could easily overindulge by filling your plate with just free carbs and proteins.

Last edited:
oh ok well ive ate it now lol so will just ave to hope it doesnt affect my weight loss too much and try not to ave it again but its hard when the OH cooks it n it smells so good !

I am sure a one off occasion of no superfree isnt going to make too much of a difference, so I wouldnt worry too much. Is just worth bearing in mind ;)

Back