DustQueen 2013

Thanks guys :)

Not made a plan as yet, what is everyone else doing and how's it going? Carrie are you on the 5:2? Is everyone else still on the dust?

I'm still 5:2ing but tweaking it to 6:1 as getting ready for maintenance :) nice to see you xxx

Great to have you back DQ - I'm trying to stay on the dust but sometimes I have a WS day - hope all is well - best of luck with this X

Can I ask, I've seen people referencing 5:2, 4:3, 6:1 etc. What does this mean?

It's a fasting diet, normally 5:2 is 5 days normal eating and 2 days not over 500kcals per day. Same 2 days each week. I tweaked it to be 4:3 for myself to get the last few lbs off 4x normal 3x fast but have started 6:1 as getting close to maintaining 6x normal 1x fast. Hope that helps :) xxx

I'm thinking of starting the dust again... Today :S eeeekkk bit scary :S
Still trying to decide at the moment, part of me is saying before Christmas? While you have a load of nice food in the house? And part is saying just bloody do it!
I'd rather be slim than eat the food at this minute so why not just go for it. :S
What do you think guys?
A big part of me is saying that this should be my last attempt though as I've had too many attempts and this and failed to stick to it many times, so if I really can't do it this time then maybe I shouldn't try again after this.
Think I might be talking myself into it :)
I have about 6 stone to lose and I really need it gone as I have health issues to the point where I am disabled at the moment and my movement is severely limited and my weight can only be adding to this problem so could really do with getting it gone!
also I look hideous I have no neck my face just blurs into my chest like some Star Wars character (the know the one and it ain't pretty)
I had to have surgery on my hand the other week and the surgeons had to remove my wedding ring, I've been married two years and put on so much weight it took two of them and a lot of soap and wires and pulling to get it off, there is no way of getting it back on and I nearly had to have it cut off :( oh the shame!! So I can't even wear my wedding ring.
Think I will start today, start with a WS day packs and chicken salad. Is anymore else still around or have you all disappeared as it's so close to Christmas? X
All advice/opinions greatly received.

DustFace :D
I just restarted yesterday, c'mon lets do this (again lol) xx

It depends, if your head isn't in the game starting at Xmas will just make you feel worse. If you know in January that you HAVE to do it, no more excuses then you'll enjoy Xmas. I started 6 weeks ago and it was 100% the best time for me, if I'd have started late in November I don't think I would have stuck to it, but I've seen the weight drop off so it's inspired me to carry on and hope to lose another 8 lbs by Xmas.

Go go with what your heart is telling you x

I'm thinking of starting the dust again... Today :S eeeekkk bit scary :S Still trying to decide at the moment, part of me is saying before Christmas? While you have a load of nice food in the house? And part is saying just bloody do it! I'd rather be slim than eat the food at this minute so why not just go for it. :S What do you think guys? A big part of me is saying that this should be my last attempt though as I've had too many attempts and this and failed to stick to it many times, so if I really can't do it this time then maybe I shouldn't try again after this. Think I might be talking myself into it :) I have about 6 stone to lose and I really need it gone as I have health issues to the point where I am disabled at the moment and my movement is severely limited and my weight can only be adding to this problem so could really do with getting it gone! also I look hideous I have no neck my face just blurs into my chest like some Star Wars character (the know the one and it ain't pretty) I had to have surgery on my hand the other week and the surgeons had to remove my wedding ring, I've been married two years and put on so much weight it took two of them and a lot of soap and wires and pulling to get it off, there is no way of getting it back on and I nearly had to have it cut off :( oh the shame!! So I can't even wear my wedding ring. Think I will start today, start with a WS day packs and chicken salad. Is anymore else still around or have you all disappeared as it's so close to Christmas? X All advice/opinions greatly received.
For 3 weeks now I've been messing about! I'm re starting tomorrow now my new packs have come.
Do it Carly!! You'll lose loads before Xmas x

Even if you can get a week or two down and out the way it's still better than nothing. If you decide to come off it Xmas day then do it with a clear conscience, it's still 20/21 days ws or ts which could see you over a stone down... Xxx

Hi DQ there are still a couple of weeks left to Christmas and its those first few weeks you tend to loose a lot more weight then any other week so you could manage a good few lbs before Christmas if your head is in the zone- it's the first 3 days and that's the worst part over - we can do this - I am doing my zillionth re start tomorrow I know Christmas is near but I just think if I'm a few lbs lighter stuffing my face on Christmas Day it has to be better then a few lbs heavier - I might think of a different diet in the new year as I am fed up of failing with all the re starts at this one but til then I will give it my final shot hopefully until Christmas. I have been thinking about maybe doing SW as I believe it's not like your on a diet and a friend of mine lost 10 stone on it and was never hungry so I honestly may have a look into that in the new year x

Hi Carly. I'm still here! Not doing brilliantly diet wise - just had a couple of weeks, or months on and off, out of control - but I stay on the forum to keep myself going. I think it's important not to give up. Do what;s best for you at the moment. Any weight loss is better than continuing to eat all the wrong things with gay abandon. It's also doubly important that you lose weight if you need to for health reasons. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been ill. I'm not doing exante at the moment - my head isn't in the right place - but I started calorie counting again today so that I'll at least lose some weight by Christmas. Bee and I are both going to do TS from January 1st. Whatever you decide to do please stay on here for support and to let us all know how you're doing.

Thanks guys didn't start yet as couldn't even find my dust packs lol what a great start :) thanks for the replies though nice to know what you're all up to :)
I was thinking maybe intermittent fasting or 5:2 etc. until after Christmas just to get me back into the whole thing and that will help me get around Christmas etc.

Thanks guys didn't start yet as couldn't even find my dust packs lol what a great start :) thanks for the replies though nice to know what you're all up to :) I was thinking maybe intermittent fasting or 5:2 etc. until after Christmas just to get me back into the whole thing and that will help me get around Christmas etc.

Fasting looks like a good idea. Carrie is doing fab, no packs though but same theory.
I'm not really in the Ts frame of mind. I am having extras like tuna or just derailing. This time of year is so tough x

Sounds like a plan dusty, as you say it'll get you started and a few lbs off in the build up to Xmas is a bonus! Xxx

Hi DQ. How are you doing? Are you doing 5:2? I'm doing nothing until 2nd January!

Making the decision is the hardest part, once you've made it you can plan accordingly. See you sooooooon :) xxx

Good luck! I'm going to enjoy my last night of indulgence tonight!

Back