Eager to start

Wow Ally congrats on your upcoming wedding! Great incentive to lose the weight. You will do it, your focused so i have every faith in you.

I'm planning on doing 100% until December 14th then taking a break until the first week in January. I have so many birthdays and christmas parties on around that time that i know i just would not stick to the plan ,so rather than ruin it all i'm going to re feed and watch what i'm eating.

I'm dreading it though as i'm not sure what i should be doing on re feed. :(

I will keep reading the threads and hopefully i will learn well.

Salsababy your doing great and you will be back to your old confident self in no time. I understand completely what you mean about the confidence too. I have been avoiding going out and no way will i let anyone take a picture.Total denial on my part because had i seen pictures of how big i was getting i would have done this earlier.:(

But i'm in the zone now and on day 4. I must be in ketosis because i'm feeling good today.:)

I have my 2 sons communion and confirmation in May 2012 so my ultimate goal is to look my age and slim for our family portrait in May. :)

Best of luck for the rest of the day girls. Sorry i have not been on much, ill pop in more often. ;)

Well done maybabe, from what I can see is getting to day four can be a struggle but once your there you have fot through the worst. I have been hungry today, and I have been baking carrot cake (my favourite) with my girls today and it was a struggle. But I done it :) and then when my OH came in he asked me when I was gonna weigh myself because "it would interesting to see how much it actually is, you look much smaller all over" :-D so glad I got through today and then such a compliment and a spur on....

Yes my wedding is my incentive but so are my girls, I wanna be able to keep up with them and not have to say no because I am too fat or unfit. A family portrait will be an amazing visual image of your achievement x

Hi MayBabe, u'll lose loads by mid Dec so a little break won't hurt. If u can, I'd avoid starchy carbs & sugar. That may not be realistic given all the celebrating u'll b doing. But try 2 keep up the same water intake as while ur dieting, as well as being 'sensible' with what u eat & drink & I'm sure u'll b absolutely fine. Maybe try 2 exercise a little too? I'm just trying 2 think of all the things I'll try 2 do once I finish my diet - I'm terrified that when I start eating again I won't stop!
U will look stunning in ur family portrait. How much r u hoping 2 lose?
Ally, I'm so so proud of u 4 resisting ur favourite cake - it is hard sometimes, isn't it?!? But how nice that ur OH has noticed a difference!!!
One thing my friend said 2 me which has really helped is "food will always be there. Its not going anywhere, or changing! So why the urgency?" It's made me stop craving & wanting the food 'now'!
Hope this helps u too ladies!!
xx

SalsaBaby said:
Hi Mummyb33, have u had ur weigh-in yet? I'm so excited for u!! I hope ur 1st result is a good 1, I'm sure it will b! x

Hi hope your well? I had my weigh in on Monday and I lost 10 1/2 lbs really happy with that lots more than I thought. X seem to struggling today really want to eat for some reason:-( x thanks for asking. Xx

Mummyb33 said:
Hi hope your well? I had my weigh in on Monday and I lost 10 1/2 lbs really happy with that lots more than I thought. X seem to struggling today really want to eat for some reason:-( x thanks for asking. Xx

That's brilliant, well done hun! Did u survive temptation yesterday? Iv decided 2 weigh myself once a month as I plan 2 do toning exercises & dont want 2 b demotivated by a small loss one week. We'll c, but it's going well so far!
Good luck for Monday.x

ally2069 said:
How r u doing salsababy? X

Hey Ally, I'm doing well - not craving food at all, but I no it will come....I don't think I can find Exante this easy for much longer !!
Day 12 2day for both of us, almost 2 wks up already. I can't believe it! I fond this diet so much easier than the Cambridge Diet.
It's the little habits that I need 2 break - like testing the pasta sauce as I make it, that sort of thing.
How's everything with u? x

Hi girls sorry i only get a chance to pop on for a few minutes each day.

Salsa i'd like to lose 3 1/2 stone to get back to were i was before having my sons.It may not suit me but i want to have a bit to play around iykwm.I know to some my weight may not be that heavy but im only 5'2 so it shows alot.

Ally yes the family portrait will be one of my biggest incentives.It's year's since i was in front of the lense instead of behind it and i'm sick of missing out on memories because of my weight.:(

Day 6 today and feeling fine. Not hungry and no headaches the past few days so i reckon im in ketosis.:)

I had a sneak at the scales and i'm down 7lb so far .:)
I will start excercise this week now, i did'nt want to do it in my first week as i get very light headed so i did'nt want to chance it.

Ally that is great your OH has noticed already.How much have you lost in total?

Mummyb well done on such a great loss!! ;) That will really spur you on next week.

What day do you all weigh in? I'm on a monday.

Well i hope you all have a great weekend.Stay strong x ;)

I don't know what I have lost, I have decided to only weigh every fourth Wednesday as I don't wanna get that downer that's so common when weight loss isn't as hoped! But I know I will def lose weight over four weeks :) have felt hungry today :-/ and OH was out last night and normally I have munchies when he is out and there is biscuits in the house but I stated on it :) so glad. Bring on the weight loss!!! X

Well done you for resisting temptation. It is very hard especially at weekends. But you did it that s the main thing.;)

Yes I agree with you re not getting hung up on weigh ins. It does be the end to all my diets when I don't see results for all the hard work too.I have a party in 2 weeks so hoping for a stone off by then but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I don't. Normally a dress size for me is 10lbs loss so I would be happy with that for my first 3 weeks.:)

Enjoy your dayxx

Hi ladies!
MayBabe, well done on ur 1st weeks loss - that's brilliant! Keep us updated on ur next weigh-in. 3 1/2 stone is a good goal, I no what u mean about having a little room 2 gain a cpl lbs once we start eating again, that's a good idea.
Ally, well done 4 resisting. My downfall is similar 2 urs - when I'm watching a film on my own or going 2 the cinema with my OH, I always need something 2 munch on! Breaking that habit has been really hard.
I'm weighing myself on 1st each month, as - like Ally - I don't want 2 b put off by a minor loss 1 wk. We'll know we're losing weight by the way our clothes fit anyway!
Good luck 2day guys, I'm trying 2 hold my breath for 3 hrs while I cook & serve the Sunday Roast!! Lol! x

Hi Salsababy how did the roast go?? It's so hard is'nt it cooking for everyone else your favourite foods lol. It seems to be easing for me today and managed to cook and serve without nearly crying.

The scales have stalled and i was a little diappointed but then i thought about it and said sure it's 7lbs gone that was stuck on me last week.:)

Have a nice day tomorrow lads and lassies i will pop on at some stage. ;)

Maybabe said:
Hi Salsababy how did the roast go?? It's so hard is'nt it cooking for everyone else your favourite foods lol. It seems to be easing for me today and managed to cook and serve without nearly crying.

The scales have stalled and i was a little diappointed but then i thought about it and said sure it's 7lbs gone that was stuck on me last week.:)

Have a nice day tomorrow lads and lassies i will pop on at some stage. ;)

Hi MayBabe
The roast went well thanku. I knew I'd find it hard so I made sure I filled myself up on a soup just b4 dishing up. That way, I wasn't tempted because I wasn't hungry. & instead of watching every1 tuck in, while they were eating I purposefully looked up lovely 'thin' clothes online. That helped distract me - I didn't want 2 risk picking @ any food!!!
Don't worry, the scales can b off for SO many reasons, & like u say, ur 7 whole lbs lighter than u were less than a wk ago...that's half a stone!! Amazing!! Be very proud of urself & sleep happy 2night!
x

All I can say is. I'm looking forward to Christmas dinner :)

Been thinking about food a lot lol. I'm not missing it par say but the idea of it. Me and my oh, used to put kids to bed and then sit and eat and chat. We still.sit and chat but I.do miss those moment. And I keep thinking "I know u like that {insert food here}" lol do you understand what I mean?

All doing so well folks x

ally2069 said:
All I can say is. I'm looking forward to Christmas dinner :)

Been thinking about food a lot lol. I'm not missing it par say but the idea of it. Me and my oh, used to put kids to bed and then sit and eat and chat. We still.sit and chat but I.do miss those moment. And I keep thinking "I know u like that {insert food here}" lol do you understand what I mean?

All doing so well folks x

I no what u mean, Ally. It's hard, I miss sitting down 4 a meal with my OH too. I miss us going out 2 dinner & having that special time 2gether...a quick soup or shake just ain't the same!
But I no we will have those moments again soon - the only difference being that I may actually b able 2 wear nice clothes when we go out, & possibly even feel good about myself!! Lol!!
Well done for still going strong hun. We're doing good!
But it doesn't bloody help when there r so many sodding food adverts on TV, does it!!!
x

I may sound like a complete freak with what I'm going to say, but then again it might help. I'm on day 21 ts, and I'm embracing food, it how I get my 'fix'. I watch tv cookery programs, read cook books, smell food, bake and cook lovely dinners for my oh and if he's eating something I eagerly ask 'what have you got? ' it satisfies the food need that I have , all without consuming any calories. I'm learning to love food in a whole different way and it takes away the longing and any resentment that I may have from not eating it. Also, and this is weird, I've found that while I'm busy cooking, it takes my mind off food.

Have just re read this and I think I probably do sound like a freak lol :)

No, I agree with you. I love smelling the food and cooking nice dinners. I like watching them enjoy their food. This diet, I hope, is teaching me I can enjoy it all with going overboard, not to pick constantly and not to eat folks waste x

I don't think it's crazy @all Moonbeams, we all need 2 find our own way of coping with this diet & getting us thru 2 achieve our goals.
I did try ur theory last night & I ended up dreaming that I was surrounded by food & eating a a thick slice of White bread (& in my dream I thought it wud keep me in ketosis!!!...I was so relieved when I woke up & realised it was just a dream!! Lol!!) So ur way won't work 4 me Hun, but I'm so glad it works 4 u. BTW, I'm really impressed that u'v already done 3 wks & r still going strong!
x

Back