Early start to NY resolution - want to join me?

Day 10/60. Lower body. And I know what caused me the grief with my legs. Crossover lunges :eek:. Boy can I feel my legs again! The surf/paddling is fun but again that is lunges on the board, and squats on the water skiing! The pushups on the board are good (balancing on my knees) you have to take one hand off the board to the side before you dip. The reverse crunches have done their worst!

It is the squat jumps and lunge jumps which kill me! My whole legs are aching even when I sit still today! Judi those workouts on the 60 day EA Sports sounds even better than the 30 day one. Very tempted to change . . .

Judimac - are you measuring too? All that effort - i'd love to know what your inch loss looks like too!

Hello! Late night update from me....just got in from running club...(ok there might have been a stirfry in between!). In a surprise twist, ie the bloke at the front got lost, we did 6.1 miles tonight. On a school night! I'm buzzing! Yes, we did run past home and they nearly lost me, and no i wouldn't have asked to do it...but chuffed we did! Hurrah! Going to try pilates tomorrow - not sure if it'll be "my bag"...will post....and it's Weds WI!! I feel better than last week so hope I'm not snowed in (well, i hope it clears after i should have left for work!). Yay!

Wow Beccy go girl! It's amazing when you start out thinking you could only manage a certain amount only to manage double that! I only did 5km but managed my EA Sports workout too - with not too many squats etc thank goodness. Weight is falling off now that I am exercising again - I lost 6lb in the week I have started on here but it will soon start to slow down, especially as I am having some milk buttons and a mug of horlicks now!

Well done everyone. Just wondering how others are doing - millux, Devon Dumpling, Cateka, NatB? And you can join us if you want to kenshin112?

Morning all! Did I say I could feel my legs yesterday? Well they are fine this morning! BUT I ache like billyo round my upper back! The resisted exercises on More Workouts are mostly singles so you swap sides after 10 for the rows etc and it seems to target them more accurately than the doubles in the original. I am enjoying it more than the original tho it seems harder, but alot of the time you're squatting/lunging without realising.
beccy I love Pilates. You don't get a sweat up and to begin with I was rather irritated as it seemed so slow, but it will do wonders for your core.
Now I started exercising in July (I joined SW at the end of April) I have been fannying around since the middle of October (long story) and put on4 lbs. However, I have lost 3" off my bust 6" off my waist (1/2" in the last week which I put down to the ab exs) and5 1/2" inches off my hips.
In the first 8 weeks of using EASA I lost 2" off both my waist and hips!
I had a sneaky peak at the scales this A,M and they are 1lb down on last friday, but then when I start exercising my weight always slows down so I'm not bothered. My shape has totally changed since I started EASA.
Great loss Shetland Lass!

wow! fab losses!! wish mine would hurry up and shrink!

keep going ladies your doing so well :)

Run completed - over 600 calories. Yay. Rest day on the EA Sports but I did do a bit of a workout with a friend to get her started on her 30 day challenge.

How is everyone else getting on? Any soreness?! It'll be worth it in the end . .

I was really tired all day yesterday and it was a rest day on the challenge so decided just to do freestep on the Wii. The batteries gave out after 20 mins but I did 30. I'm charging the board up again but I'll get a workout in this afternoon. The muscles have eased off.

Great job for doing it depsite being tired. I don't think I have used my board enough to need to recharge it yet! I'm feeling good because I managed a spinning class this morning. It's usually too tight time-wise to allow me to get to work but there is no work for me today as too much snow up here. 394 calories so I am off for a second breakfast - stomach rumbling like mad and no way I can wait for dinner!

I've not done so well this week, tried running on the road a few times, but the ice is lethal and there aren't any parks nearby (yes, I could walk to another one, but at -2 degrees my running kit won't exactly keep me toasty).
I managed to belt out a 7-miler in London and, interval training at the gym, and made it to my yoga class but then got stranded at my boyfriend's house because of the snow, trapped away from my precious gym :(
Whats a girl to do?

Congratulations to the rest of you, you've all stuck it out so well!
Be careful with that calorie-counting though, the best calculators tend to be at least 10% off, round your calories to say the nearest fifty; 100, 150, 200 etc

I have no probs at all with rounding UP to the nearest 50!! I use a heart rate monitor that has my age, height and weight prog'd in so i'd hope that would be fairly accurate.... Hope so - sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me going!!

Day 11/60, upper body 155 cals, there is more interval work than the original.Wringing wet by the end.

Hi...sorry I know i'm late to post as youve all been doing it quite a while - but wondering if I could join? Think it would be a really good incentive for me!! Yesterday I did an hour of 'My fitness coach' cardio workout on wii, really worked my arms and upper body, they are aching today!! Also did some running on the wii fit, and some dance workout, and some free step :) 800 steps I think. It was a quite productive day :) I have a big treadmill to put up yet, estate agents coming round on tues so I can't put it up till then - I can't wait!
You're all doing fab, hope you dont mind me posting!
xx

Welcome Clairex! The more the merrier! Rest day today!

Thanks girls! :) I am going on a huge cleaning spree today - think that will be my form of exercise today haha! And Had a chicken salad for lunch, so a good day so far :) hope you all have a lovely day! xxx

Welcome Clairex! You are all doing much better than me just now but reading all your posts has given me a kick up the bum!
Did my run on Friday night before heading to my friends house for food. We even all decided to cook a healthy course each (I did pudding: WW choc orange profiteroles) instead of getting a fatty takeaway. So far so good.

Then we had cocktails. I was so ill the entire day yesterday that I couldn't leave the couch, apart from to spew, so no exercise AT ALL. Really mad at myself. Don't really drink that often so I should have known it wouldn't be a good idea. Had such a good night but being so ill yesteday shows it just isn't worth it. Really annoyed as I feel I have mucked up my NY resolution 9 days in, but there was no way I could walk let alone run. Urgh! Feel like throttling myself!

Going to try to get back to normal today - after all I have a weigh in tomorrow. Starting to feel a bit more human and tempted to go and ruin it even further since I have started, but I will try to keep myself away from the fridge and go out for a run instead. Good luck everyone else! Will let you know how I get on later. x

HI ladies. I think i'm going to have to go right back to the start of this thread and read all the way down - after all - it was Shetland Lass & Judimac;s fault i got off my bum and did a six mile run on new years eve (not being able to walk for 2 days afterwards entirely my fault for not stretching!). I've utterly lost the plot this week - only 2 weeks in to the new year! A combo of SW class snowed off, being snowed in and a row with the OH has resulted in no running since club night on Tues and a record amount of red wine and biscuits being consumed. I've got a treadmill in here that i don't use because i don't like running indoors and a pile of dvd's and still i've done nothing. Feeling really silly and sorry for myself this week... will try to get a grip later today! Grrrrrrr!!! Cross at myself!

Back