Earthmother05 Weight Loss Diary

What would I like to be? I could describe it in one word. Comfortable.

comfortable with my weight
Comfortable with what I wear
Comfortable with myself
Comfortable in how other people perceive me.

When I had my daughter in September 2010 i ballooned to 17 stone and a size 20 - the largest that I had ever been. I was kidding myself saying that it was just baby weight and I was a size 18 but really I was still wearing my size 18 maternity stretchy trousers and baggy tops.

In June 2011 I tried to take control of my weight and I tooka drastic route and joined Lighterlife. I lost alot of weight - don't get my wrong, but the monetary price of the programme was too much for me £72 a week. When my dad passed away I just stopped going and then Christmas was coming so I justified not going back by saying I needed to put the money towards the kids for Christmas. In february I rejoined again but it only lasted 2 weeks before we realised we couldnt afford it long term again. So I left.

Now i have joined slimming world. I started last thursday officially at 14 stone 1.4lbs. In the first week I have lost 7.4lbs and I have set myself of hitting a 10 stone target within 17 weeks. I am hoping its realistic - i need to maintain my weight for 6 months to be able to have my tummy tuck and Lipo that my husband has promised me for my 30th birthday present. Here's hoping.

Back