Easter 2013 Challenge

Lexie2005 said:
I'll update now honey, I know how hard it is now, I'm yo-yoing like mad!!!

Lol, I know, it's funny how it drops off like mad, then your body just says right, I've had enough now! :) xx

Lexie2005 said:
Yeah but I wanted to get to 11 stone :(

I know, hon, and you will eventually - it just gets so much slower when you're as far down the road as we are! I've increased my end target to 12.5 stone and put my target date back, just because of how much harder it's getting and not wanting to put too much pressure on myself. We will get there though. :) xx

2lb for me this week!
That makes me 18 stone...no idea if I'll hit the Easter target of 17 1/2 but I'm going to do my best!
2 1/2 stone gone now....it feels so good to lose weight - however slowly!

Hi, 4lb loss this week :) Not quite sure how I managed it but am really pleased! But, here is the dilemma!! This now takes me 2lbs below my initial target of 180lbs (12st 12lbs) - I set this when I first started and it seemed unachievable, with 11st to loose, so thought it was a nice round number - but to be honest I never thought I would get there! I am now a 14 - 16 in clothes (was wearing a 26 this time last year - more like sqeezing into!) and think I am comfortable with this. So, I am not sure what to do now - my BMI is 25.6 meaning I am still classified as overweight should I continue and try and get into a "healthy" category or should I try and maintain - If I am completly honest I am quite scared of the thought of trying to maintain and not sure how to go about it!! I have now got quite a lot of loose skin and am hoping with time it may shrink back but if I loose more this is going to be more of a problem - don't know what to do??

xx

Well done, you've done so well! I think your next goal has to be more about how you feel in yourself. Are you happy now at this weight? Or do you still feel you want to lose some more? If it were me I'd say if it's still coming off and you're losing relatively easily then go ahead into the healthy BMI range and see how you get on. Of course you're going to have to maintain at some stage you know!
Well done!
KB x

Hmmmm said:
Hi, 4lb loss this week :) Not quite sure how I managed it but am really pleased! But, here is the dilemma!! This now takes me 2lbs below my initial target of 180lbs (12st 12lbs) - I set this when I first started and it seemed unachievable, with 11st to loose, so thought it was a nice round number - but to be honest I never thought I would get there! I am now a 14 - 16 in clothes (was wearing a 26 this time last year - more like sqeezing into!) and think I am comfortable with this. So, I am not sure what to do now - my BMI is 25.6 meaning I am still classified as overweight should I continue and try and get into a "healthy" category or should I try and maintain - If I am completly honest I am quite scared of the thought of trying to maintain and not sure how to go about it!! I have now got quite a lot of loose skin and am hoping with time it may shrink back but if I loose more this is going to be more of a problem - don't know what to do??

xx

Well done!! Personally I'd be thrilled with a 25.6 BMI, so if you're happy where you are, leave it at that. :) I think most people, even doctors, now acknowledge that BMI is an unreliable measure. If you have loose skin, the weight of that alone probably accounts for the extra over the "normal" BMI. I'm not aiming to get down to a 25 BMI any more, because I know it would be too low, and I think my revised target is around 27. :) xx

Hi, sorry Lexie, didn't see your earlier question. 2lb off for me please which takes my loss to 9lbs altogether. My loss is really slow this time around, my own fault, and I was getting a bit upset by my inability to stay strong so I've gone back to the doc's today. I'm back on the Orlistat and I've also got a referral for 12 weeks of free slimming groups as well which I think will help me tremendously. I was really worried about going back to the Doctors as I've been really down about it all but I'm feeling relieved now and I'm hoping the free group and the tablets will help me get back in the zone.

Does anyone recomend either slimming world or weight watchers? I have to chose one and I'm not sure which one in all honesty. I need one that'll be cheap to follow as I don't have a lot of money to spend on food shopping and also that will fit in with cooking for all the family and not just meals for me. Don't have a clue about either plan so If anyone can offer suggestions it would be great.

xx

I have to say well done to you, that is such an amazing achievement. I wouldn't worry so much about the BMI now you are so low and more concentrate on what you feel comfy with and if you personally feel you've reached where you want to be then try for the maintenance. :)

Just want to say a big well done to everyone whose lost so far no matter how much! It's great :) x

Thanks everybody - it feels really weird to be here - I keep thinking "what now" lol

To get into a healthy BMI I need to loose another 5lbs so I think I will aim for that but am happy to do it over months rather than weeks - going to be a bit easier on myself and have the odd treat - but I know without discipline I will slip back into old habits so have to remain on the straight and narrow the majority of the time and hopng this will outweigh the "treats" - We'll see!

xx

Hi, sorry Lexie, didn't see your earlier question. 2lb off for me please which takes my loss to 9lbs altogether. My loss is really slow this time around, my own fault, and I was getting a bit upset by my inability to stay strong so I've gone back to the doc's today. I'm back on the Orlistat and I've also got a referral for 12 weeks of free slimming groups as well which I think will help me tremendously. I was really worried about going back to the Doctors as I've been really down about it all but I'm feeling relieved now and I'm hoping the free group and the tablets will help me get back in the zone.

Does anyone recomend either slimming world or weight watchers? I have to chose one and I'm not sure which one in all honesty. I need one that'll be cheap to follow as I don't have a lot of money to spend on food shopping and also that will fit in with cooking for all the family and not just meals for me. Don't have a clue about either plan so If anyone can offer suggestions it would be great.

I've tried WW and didn't gel with their points system / too much wiggle room for naughty things .. SW I think is a bit better?? But asking Kirsty and Kat maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everybody - it feels really weird to be here - I keep thinking "what now" lol

To get into a healthy BMI I need to loose another 5lbs so I think I will aim for that but am happy to do it over months rather than weeks - going to be a bit easier on myself and have the odd treat - but I know without discipline I will slip back into old habits so have to remain on the straight and narrow the majority of the time and hopng this will outweigh the "treats" - We'll see!

xx

Am so proud of you honey!!!!! At my goal my bmi is still 27 & I'll be happy. You've done amazingly xx

I'll update from pc tomorrow xx

Mine if I stick with 12st would be 28! X

Back