Eating 1500cals a day, walking 5 miles 5 days a week and losing 3lbs a week!

C

cherry15

Hi everyone,

My story so far........
Sarted on
August 16th - 20 stone 11lbs
August 23rd - 20 stone 5lbs
August 30th - 20 stone 1lbs
Septem 6th - 19 stone 11lbs
Septem 19th - 19 stone 5lbs
Septem 13th - 19 stone 2lbs
Septem 27th - 19 stone
Octobe 4th - 18 stone 10lbs
Octobe 11th - 18 stone 7lbs

This by eating three meals a day and two low calorie snacks and walking 5/6 miles 5 days a weeks. My loses have been really good, I have had the odd chinese takeaway and my wieght has not fluctuated. My does not fluctuate at all it stays the same and then it drops by about 2/3lb each week. Many other diets especially the Vlcds, its not uncommon for someone to put on 7lbs after eating a full days meal. I know that when my weight drops it is real weight loss, i have lost a full dress size and I have no bloating. I don't even overeat anymore, as I think my stomach has shrunk, I find that I do not feel hungry in between meals and crave foods such as broccoli and salmon, weird as i have never eaten fish in my life. I have posted this and will post my weekly losses to hopefully encourage others who have alot of weight to lose, to lose weight in a old fashioned way. You dont need to join a slimming club and pay £5 a week to get weighed, you dont need to buy special packet food which costs them peanuts to make but costs you alot, which aren't even satisfying. you can eat foods you like feel like you have had a good meal and not feel like you can't go out once in a while and have a good time. I have done all of this with the help also of cognitive therapy, i overeat because of emotional eating, which means that I can eat without even feeling hungry, so a gastric bypass or vlcds don't really work on me because the cause of my eating is emotional and not a physical hunger. So by dealing with the cause which is the emotions I have almost eliminated most of the emotional eating and left with just the physical eating, which I have control over. If you never deal with the emotional eating you will always find that you will always have a problem with overeating.

Welcome to minimins cherry15 :)

Fantastic results :clap: You must be really chuffed and already feeling huge benefits :clap:

so a gastric bypass or vlcds don't really work on me because the cause of my eating is emotional and not a physical hunger. So by dealing with the cause which is the emotions I have almost eliminated most of the emotional eating and left with just the physical eating, which I have control over. If you never deal with the emotional eating you will always find that you will always have a problem with overeating.

Dead right there. Dealing with why you eat is the only way to go.

Having said that, once you get to grips with that, it doesn't matter which tool you use to reduce your weight, because it's not about the food anyway.

Wow hun well done! Only thing I will say is that there is no way I would have time to walk 5/6 miles 5 days a week!!! I leave for work at 8am and dont get back til 5.30 by which time I am exhausted! I get 2 sessions of exercise in during the weekdays and 1 on a Sunday, and that's at a push! How do you find the time?

This is true...... but results do however vary on the type of weightloss you do. Obviously if you are blessed with very stretchy skin, and get no stretchmarks any weightloss method will be fine. I have not very stretchy skin and have tons of stretch marks so I know that if I didnt exercise as well as eating less then I know I wouldnt be minimising the amount of loose skin I will be left with. I just think that the thought of 1500cals a day and still losing 3lbs a week (the 1 and a half walking at 3mph, really helps, I burn about 500cals) sounds like a miracle diet. I don't even tell people i am on a diet because Im not, this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life, and I will also carry on with the walking. I think this is the easiest way to lose weight I have ever done. Not all weightloss avenues are equal, and deliver the same results.

The diet Industry is the most successful failed business in the world......... if it actually worked, really worked there wouldn't be an industry.

So I opt out of this industry altogether and eat what I like and exercise the way I want to, walking for me is the easiest, pop ion my MP3 and walk the weight away. 2stone and 4lbs in 2 months is an incredible amount of weightloss, and if anyone would like a detailed plan of the food I am eating PM me.

Wow hun well done! Only thing I will say is that there is no way I would have time to walk 5/6 miles 5 days a week!!! I leave for work at 8am and dont get back til 5.30 by which time I am exhausted! I get 2 sessions of exercise in during the weekdays and 1 on a Sunday, and that's at a push! How do you find the time?

It only takes an hour and half, you could find ways to fit in 45 mins in the morning and then in your lunch hour. or do mega walks on the weekend. I stopped using the car..... :)

Lol I have to be up at6.30 as it is, no way could I get up at 5.30 to go for a walk!!! And I only get 30 mins at lunch and to walk a decent distance in that time is impossible unless I go for a jog bu then I would be hot and smelly for my clients in the afternoon!

To lose 1lb of fat you must UNDEREAT by 3500 calories, so to lose 3lbs would mean eating 10,500 less than you need to STS. For me, I need about 1800 to STS so thats 12,600 a week. So to undereat by 10,500 would mean I would only have a calorie intake of 2,100 a week. Thats an average of 300 a day which is less than a VLCD could healthily give you...

So how you are achieving 3lbs EVERY week is astounding. There's no way I could lose that much whilst eating a healthy balanced diet!

Fair play to you if you cando it though!! 2st 4lbs is more than a VLCD could achieve and IMHO thats the fastest possible way I could ever lose weight (even tho I would feel miserable on it), so to me it seems too good to be true, sorry!

I suppose it does seem to good however its what I am losing., I mean the 1hour and 30mins of walking is on top of all the other walking I do not count, I walk very fast, I think i eat 1500cals a day i don't always count them strictly, some days more some days less, but my doctor weighs me and I am the smae on the boots weigh machine too I have all my printouts. I do buy this tinned food from the local health shop called dalfour, in a three bean salad and wild pink slamon and veg. both have about 150cal/200cals, I have this in my bag every day and when I am out walking I eat one of those for my lunch with some fruit, and have a sugar free redbull and also I drink herbal tea. I have built up alot of muscle too I reckon. I dont eat bread or potatoes, mainly because I have intollerances, I have diary and wheat. For breakfast I have a good sized breakfast bowl of Rice crispies and chocolate soya milk, yum, for dinner one of those tins with fruit and red bull, I drink a litre of water when I am walking, for tea I have vegs with chicken or fish and if i get very very hungry I will have another bowl of rice crispies. I also sometimes have the odd packet of walkers crisps and maybe a kinder hippo biscuit, yum.

So how you are achieving 3lbs EVERY week is astounding. There's no way I could lose that much whilst eating a healthy balanced diet!

Yes, you wouldn't be able to, as you have less to lose. Losing 3lbs a week at the beginning, when you have a lot to is possible on a calorie controlled diet of 1500cals (no offence meant cherry15!).

when I am out on an evening with pals at the pub, i stick to diet coke in an evening..... dont like alcohol much anyway.

Yes, you wouldn't be able to, as you have less to lose. Losing 3lbs a week at the beginning, when you have a lot to is possible on a calorie controlled diet of 1500cals (no offence meant cherry15!).

None taken............ I do think the walking is the why the weighloss has been dramatic, and yes i know that the 3lbs a week loses will probably settle down to less when I have less to lose.

Ah right thanks KD, I was gonna say!! I exercise as much as I can. If I didnt work I would exercise all day lol but I just cant do that with my lifestyle! 3 times a week for me is fab x

Ah right thanks KD, I was gonna say!! I exercise as much as I can. If I didnt work I would exercise all day lol but I just cant do that with my lifestyle! 3 times a week for me is fab x

Well you just fit in what you can, you dont have much less to lose anyway, think i read you have a wedding coming up, you will look loverly, and naturally you will lose weight with the stress of planning and arranging the whole wedding, anyway i am logging off now will post my next week weightloss.......

Wow well done youre doing great. Sadly Ive never found exercising to make a dramatic difference in my weight loss.

Wow well done youre doing great. Sadly Ive never found exercising to make a dramatic difference in my weight loss.

It only started making a difference when i got the amount of food I was consuming under control, also for the first two weeks i didnt show a weightloss, but low and behold I lost an incredible 5lbs and thats when i knew it takes a few days for your body to catch up with what you are doing. Also with exercise it helps you control your hunger and makes you feel good at the same time. some people exercise for a week and see no change or an increase on the scales and think its not working...... it is, just not as immediate as a vlcd which is not fat loss in the first week, mainly water loss.

it is, just not as immediate as a vlcd which is not fat loss in the first week, mainly water loss.

Mainly water/glycogen loss yes, but also an equal amount of fat (or more) than any other diet in the first week.

Of course, the water/glycogen isn't a true weight loss so to speak, but 2nd week onwards it is.

Im not on a VLCD though Im on WW so my hunger is under control with that and my food is managed. Was dead disappointed with the lack of results from exercise.

what kind of exercise was you doing??
Im delighted with my results can feel the skin on my thighs especially toning up. I dont doubt that your food isnt under control but you should get results from exercise...... I know that walking fast has given me tremendous results it also regularity as well.

Mainly water/glycogen loss yes, but also an equal amount of fat (or more) than any other diet in the first week.

Of course, the water/glycogen isn't a true weight loss so to speak, but 2nd week onwards it is.

the thing is....... I have seen people have an off week and put on like 9 or 10lbs in weight..... like I said the diet industry is the most successful failed business in the world. there are too many side effects with a vlcd and many people spend years on and off them and see them as the an alternate to eating real food, yes there is no denying people have lost lots of weight on them and some have maintained..... its very hard to maintain tho isn't it. Alot of people find maintenance very hard and spend years and years yo-ing and obsessing that the weight will al go back on.

what kind of exercise was you doing??
Im delighted with my results can feel the skin on my thighs especially toning up. I dont doubt that your food isnt under control but you should get results from exercise...... I know that walking fast has given me tremendous results it also regularity as well.

Walking 5 times a week on the treadmill at the gym, did it religiously, made no difference whatsoever to my weight loss. Still Im not being put off by it which is the main thing, but its made me realise exercise isnt the be all and end all.

I found i didnt get the results in the gym that i would like, I gave up my gym membership due to money really, and just got walking......... I walk none stop for about 90mins 5 days a week and found the results are incredible, but if you think it doesnt work for you, I can only go on whats working for me, I wish you all the best in the route you have chosen.

Back