Eating all you points.... should you? Shouldnt you?

*drool*

Starlight ive jus the first post and its made me realise i need to count my points properly - so thank you! x am sticking to them bang on today and aimimg for 5lbs monday!

Thank you for this post! I have done ww before and always used to eat zero and very low point food and be well under my allowance for the day, thinking i would lose weight quicker. Now i know why i didnt stick to it or loose the weight. So this time im going to try harder and use all my allowance etc. Thank you Starlight! x

i think one of my main problems is that i feel bad, guilty for eating the "bad" foods even thou they are in my point range, then when i feel bad i think, "sure i might as well have another one, the damage is done"

this is my 1st week, monday will be my 2nd weigh in so fingers crossed, theres something at the back of my mind thou telling me i havent lost at all

Totally with you on this one, Starlight. When I did WW my leader always used to say you need to eat your weight off, not starve it off! I know that sounds really weird but is so true. The weeks when I didn't eat all my points I lost less weight than when I did. I think it's something to do with maintaining your metabolic rate.

Hope you don't mind me lurking on your forum even though I know I don't belong!

Sarah youre more than welcome :) Do feel free to post anytime

hiya hope u dont mind me butting in, started ww (again) on monday, but this time round its personal!i'm doin ww on my own, and easing off on the hopping on / off the scales,am going 2 leave my 1st w/i til 2mr wk so I have a good 10 days, would anyone think i should wi/i on mon & keep it weekly or down 2 every 10days?also re eating all your points,what do u suggest about exercise points?i was goin 2 save them for sat nites out....all help greatly rec'd :)

WW guidance is you can have them or not but you can only use up to 12 points per week of exercise points as additional food.

I try not to use mine but if there's a special event coming up they're handy to have. Try using them for your Saturday nights and see if they affect your weight loss or not.

thanks for replying to me, i think i'll use gym points this week, it wont be every week i'll be doing it anyway & it will hopefully motivate me to do more next week in they gym. Tks again for the reply

tks 4 the welcome, i've been reading this forum for a few wks & its thanks to all of u I got the kick up the ass i needed.

I hope no one minds me putting my two pence in seeing as I'm so new, but I have to strongly agree about using all your points!
I'm constantly trying to make up for all the 'bad' dieting I did when I was younger, which included limiting myself to under 10 points a day so I could use the rest on weekends.
Not only was I eating a dangerously small amount, which I could never have made up in drink and treats without killing myself (I'd technically be saving 50 points), but it meant the second I started doing WW properly I actually started putting weight on!
At the end of the day, you have to trust that WW know what they're doing, otherwise you wouldn't be paying £5 a week for their help.

around 27

So if I go lower than that (some days i do and only have 24 :/) could it have a negative affect on my weightloss? I am so rubbish at using all my points. In another 2 months I will be fine as my daughter starts weening so I will lose 5 points taking me down to 27 which is perfect for me!

Thanks for the help. The chinese came, I split the portion in half and really really enjoyed it. Now my goal is to not touch the other half tonight........

So, 5 points for S&S chicken (I will count it as 6 as 5 seems so low) and 3.25 points for the rice. A yummy chinese for just over 8 points :D Not bad at all.

Okey doke. That makes sense I suppose. I guess I need to reassess things. The sad thing is, even with the chinese, I have still only eaten 21 points today (and I had a pint of cider) and I am now stuffed :/ I guess I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the advice :)

Your problem is that you are at risk of slowing down your metabolic rate which means that you might burn lean muscle mass instead of fat and also that, although you will lose weight to begin with, you will put it back on as soon as you eat even a little more.

Chinese is lovely and low in points - amazing isn't it?

Edited to add: if you struggle to use up your points, you can try some healthy but higher points foods like avocado and olive oil which have lovely healthy fats in them and, if you're breastfeeding, will be great for baba as well.

Thanks Karen. Next week I will make a conserted effort to use my points. Thinking about it...I do have Olive Oil in quite a lot of my food that I just do not think of. Next week that will be my challenge.

Back