Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Eating and exercise...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Frankie99, 4 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Frankie99

Frankie99 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world, Extra Easy
    Hi
    Wondering if anyone can advise me on when is the best time to eat relating to exercise?
    For example I have now started a zumba class which begins at 7.45pm and finishes at 8.45pm. Am I better to eat early (around 5.45) before I go or wait until I come home when my metabolism will presumably have been kick started by the exercise?
    Thanks
    Frankie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your body will burn the same amount of energy regardless of whether it was fed before or after a workout.

4. chazle

chazle Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I would eat before as you are giving your body more time to digest the food properly

5. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The day I have a later class, ideally I try to have a bigger lunch that day, and just something light to tea. If I get home early enough to leave a gap of at least 1.5 hours between eating & exercising I eat it before I go, and if not I have it as a supper when I get back.

It's never good to sleep on a full tummy.

6. alwyn

alwyn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.29kg
    Current Weight:
    80.29kg
    Goal Weight:
    60.33kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd eat before as it will fuel your workout. If you want something after, then have some lean protein (chicken/turkey slices or similar) and a banana. It will refuel your body and your muscles will have something to work on as they get stronger!

7. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I'd do the same as alwyn :)

8. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I eat before exercise, it gives me an excuse not to push myself, even though I don't really believe it makes any difference when you eat. I tend to prefer eating afterwards though, as I eat a lot slower and therefore stop before I over-indulge xxx

9. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I were you, I'd eat a light, early meal before (to give you energy for your workout) and save my pud for after the class. I know that if I go to the gym or for a class when I haven't eaten much that day the quality of my workout suffers because I don't have any energy.

10. Frankie99

Frankie99 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world, Extra Easy
    Thanks guys that's brilliant, i'll try having something light before I go!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.