Eating but not hungry

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by justjane, 28 May 2008 Social URL.

1. justjane

justjane Member

Cambridge Diet
    I have been using the Atkins principals since last Friday and I am limiting my carbs to around the 20g a day and still getting to eat lots of lovely stuff but I have realised I am not really hungry.

I have read the books and I know it said that you should eat 3 meals a day and as I had been on CD for a while I am definately enjoying munching but I wonder if I should just have a little bit and often until I feel empty??

I just cant believe that eating this much will allow me to loose weight (although I am pretty sure I have lost 2lbs since last week!!)

I suppose I am asking should I make sure I eat regularly or is it ok to skip meals???
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

in the atkins book you will say you can either eat three meals a day or have 5 or 6 smaller meals. Perhaps this is the way forward for you. The most important thing is to make sure you are getting the 20g of carbs and 50g of protein a day plus a little good fat.

It does seem silly to eat when you aren't hungry - so maybe try the smaller meals more often and see how you go
  4. Lexie_dog

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I'm the same as you justjane. I find myself struggling to eat especially after a few mouthfuls, and I would recommend splitting the meals into 5-6 instead of 3.

Please try not to skip meals as you will make your mody panic due to lack of calories. Remember your water, although as a CD veteran I am sure you are fed up hearing this, but it really is invaluable advice!

I am actallu eating about 4 meals a day the way its working out. I am having breakfast, lunch and dinner, but tend not to finish dinner in one go, so save leftovers and have as a very light meal later in the evening.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.