Eating Out Points on both plans

susicab

So, been a little bit bored this week at work and decided to make up an Eating Out Guide of my own, by going onto Restaurant websites that show their NV's and working out EVERYTHING on their menus (lol!). So far I have done Harvester, Hungry Horse and Subway and today i will try to work out Nandos and i cant believe what i have worked out!

In the PP Eating Out Guide, it states a Harvester Mixed Grill is 25pp.....as we all know (supposedly) Values in the guide are for the whole meal as served. Well, according to Harvester website, a Mixed Grill with fries and Hot Piri Piri Sauce is 35pp!! So be careful if you choose a dish where you add your side and sauce if you are at the Harvester (the Earlybirds etc matched the Guide).

Onto the Hungry Horse..... No wonder they "dont provide NV's to WW" (as previously informed by WW in an email), a High and Mighty Burger is a whopping 72pp!! Oh well, better steer clear in future.

Onto Discover, me and hubby have always gone for a Mixed Grill at the Harvester when we have both followed the plan as the guide said 17.5pts (2009)... on website, it states 24.5pts!! And the Hungry Horse.. Guide: small fish & chips 13.5pts, website 19.5pts, Jumbo Fish & chips 20.5pts, website 35pts!!

Must say one thing, its practically made us rethink where we go out for a meal, the Harvester doesnt seem so "healthy" now :D

I'm a bit confused with nandos, I found on here that chicken in pitta and chips is 17. When I went on the app yesterday just the chicken in pitta was Comming up high, I can't remember off the top off my head bit around 14 I think.
Garlic bread-9pp :(
I think I may need to make an eating out guide to :)
X

Hi Leah,

Well, i sat at work and worked out Nandos today and this is what the website is coming up with:

Chicken Breast Fillet Pitta 10pp
Dble Chicken Breast Fillet Pitta 13pp
Regular Chips 9pp
Large Chips 27pp (!)

So, 19pp for a pitta and chips or 21pp for a dble pitta and chips.

Working out Burger King and McDonalds tomorrow :)

Oh wow that's a big difference with the chips!!!
Ooh I do love nandos and could easily save 19 for dinner!!
Thank you

I couldn't believe it when I worked out a large chips at Nando's! I really don't understand how it's that much more, it certainly doesn't seem like you get that much more on your plate!
I was pleased however to find that some of my favourite things are fewer PP than the eating out guide... although I was then subsequently annoyed at the inaccuracy of the eating out guide!!

Going to nandos tomorrow now, lol! Enjoying working this out, although have had writers cramp for the last 2 days and 2 pens have run out on me, lol!! (otherwise I would've posted everything on here :)

OMG I cannot believe the High and Mighty Burger is 72pp!! it is amazing when you find out how unhealthy things are!! But can I ask how you worked all of those out? I dont know how to work things out that are in a restaurant.. although I know that Harvester puts the calories on the menus!

I just went onto the Hungry Horse Website, I think i went into the Menu and then it says Nutritional values. You then get a PDF open in another window with all the values on it (purple and grey).

Takes a bit of time but you will get there eventually, lol!;)

Back