Eating out query

Pjames580

Hi, I've only been doing ww for 2 days but tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and we are eating out but I have no idea where we are going so can't look at the menu to make a sensible choice in advance. Can anyone suggest a reasonably generic meal that would be good to stick too? I know it won't be pizza, pasta, Indian or Chinese as oh doesn't like any of those foods!

Hi, I've only been doing ww for 2 days but tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and we are eating out but I have no idea where we are going so can't look at the menu to make a sensible choice in advance. Can anyone suggest a reasonably generic meal that would be good to stick too? I know it won't be pizza, pasta, Indian or Chinese as oh doesn't like any of those foods!

I'd probably say something simple like Chicken Breast with New Potatoes/Jacket Potato and Veg. Try to avoid accompaniments like sauces, onion rings etc as those hold lots of wasted pp. Hope u have a lovely meal Sweetie, congrats on your Wedding Anniversary, how many years is it? X

Thanks! It's 9 years tomorrow - in fact it's just over 9 years since I first got goal with ww, didn't stay there for long though!

I'll stick to something light then... Drinks wise are spirits better than wine with a spritzer?

Thanks! It's 9 years tomorrow - in fact it's just over 9 years since I first got goal with ww, didn't stay there for long though!

I'll stick to something light then... Drinks wise are spirits better than wine with a spritzer?

About the same tbh, I always go for a White/Rose Spritzer as I find they last longer. X I go for a 125ml Glass topped up to 250ml with Soda Water for 3pp. X

So hubby has decided that our meal will be at Frankie and Bennie's...

Did u want me to have a look in my Eat Out Guide for anything?

Yes please! Trouble is I need to be be healthy but sneakily - he hates it when I choose the obviously 'light meals'!

Yes please! Trouble is I need to be be healthy but sneakily - he hates it when I choose the obviously 'light meals'!

Starters (ill go 10pp or under here)

Prawn Cocktail-7pp
Bruschetta-8pp
Crab Cake 8pp

Mains (ill go 20pp or under here)

PASTA
Penne Arrabiatta-11pp
Spag Bol-16pp
Chicken Penne Arrabiatta-17pp
Chicken Penne Romana-17pp
Lasagne-18pp
Sticky Pasta-18pp
Penne Alfredo-19pp
Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni-19p

PIZZA
Marherita-18pp

HOUSE
Sausages and Mash-15pp
Bennys Sweet Cured bacon steaks with herb potatoes-19pp

SALADS
Crab-6pp
Chicken Breast Ceaser-11pp
Sticky Prawn with Garlic Ciabatta-12pp
Warm Chicken with Garlic Ciabatta-12pp
Spicy Chicken with Garlic Ciabatta-15pp

Desserts (ill go 15pp and under)
Sorbet-5pp
Elis Caramel Pecan Cheesecake-12pp
Vanilla Cheesecake-12pp

Hope this helps :) x

Deserts look amazing!!! It will put me over my points for the day though - have to cut back for the rest of the week:-/

You're Welcome Sweetie :) That Salmon Dish isn't in the Eat Out Guide :-( Make sure you use your Dailies as a Minimum for the week ahead, no cutting back below those. X

Will follow your wise words! Drinking lots of water today and trying to avoid nibbling and picking!

Hope u have a fab meal, If it was me I'd go for Bruschetta followed by Penne Arriabiatta followed by Pecan Cheesecake, Total 'Cost' 31pp and it would feel like a proper meal out mmmmmmmm! X

Was amazing! Had the bruschetta and then salmon with salad followed by the pecan cheesecake - put me at 34 points and then 2 glasses of white wine! Ooops! Put me over my points but then will do 26 til Sunday to redress the balance and am back at the gym tomorrow! Anniversaries only come once a year so worth enjoying I think!!!

Was amazing! Had the bruschetta and then salmon with salad followed by the pecan cheesecake - put me at 34 points and then 2 glasses of white wine! Ooops! Put me over my points but then will do 26 til Sunday to redress the balance and am back at the gym tomorrow! Anniversaries only come once a year so worth enjoying I think!!!

9 Years is worth celebrating! Damage Limitation Mode is a Go Go Go! I'm very proud of your choices Sweetie and you should be too. X

Well, I definitely ate too much as dinner didn't stay down more than an hour! Still, I did enjoy the meal so not to disappointed and perhaps I haven't done as much damage to my points after all...hitting the gym with a vengeance later!

Well, I definitely ate too much as dinner didn't stay down more than an hour! Still, I did enjoy the meal so not to disappointed and perhaps I haven't done as much damage to my points after all...hitting the gym with a vengeance later!

Oh No :-( Sorry to hear you were poorly, hope you're ok for the gym later? I think that Eating Out is so hit and miss for our systems once we've done WW :-( x

Back