Eating out

Redsazzle

I'm off out on a first lunch date with a New Man tomorrow. Yay me!!!!

We are going to either a Toby Carvery or a Harvester. He knows I'm dieting but I want to enjoy myself.

What would any of you recommend that I choose. I'll be on a PV day.

If I am a little naughty (and it would be just a little) how can I compensate?

Sarahxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh exciting! I've been to Toby carvery a couple of times on dukan, I just have some chicken and beef with swed,broccoli, cauliflower cheese with the cheese scrapes off, a few carrots and any other allowed veg if they have (think that might be it). I have ate tiniest bit of gravy so that its not dry.

Good luck on your date!

Enjoy your date.
I would concur lovely meat and all the allowed veg that they have on offer - with a splash of gravy (the naughty bit)

Thank you for the advice.

Any ideas if he chooses the Harvester? I wasn't sure which was best so I said he could choose. Lol xxx

Harvesters have a grill and salad menu - so you can pick streak or chicken and help yourself to unlimited salad (just avoid potatoes, sauces and dressings etc)

I've not been to either of these but when going through a menu anywhere (if no carvery which always an excellent option) - then I choose a lovely Steak or Salmon - they are always my fave choices

with veggies (ask what they are make sure u can eat most of them - if full of peas/sweetcorn I just say "oh dear I don't like them can I have just x instead" - having already looked through menu to see what veggies are mentioned with other dishes :).. Ie like French beans?

or a side salad

Atropos said 'streak' and I'm not sure you should streak on the first date!!! ;)
*groan, I know, I know*
I would go for salmon, no dressing and salad on the side x Ps Have a great time with the new man!!!

Well spotted.

'Streak' ...... Now there's a good way to up the exercise xxx

And what better way to show off that wonderful weight loss!!! :)

Harvester - the chicken or steak is simple enough plus the unlimited salad bar is a life saver!

What sort of slip up do you envisage? Avoid it as best you can - but if you do, make sure you stay strict the next day, keep up your exercise and drink plenty of water!

Back