Eating Out

billygroat

Hi guys,

On day 5 now with no side effects, really pleased with myself.

We have a family celebration coming up and I am potentially facing a visit to the indian... any suggestions on the best thing to eat (apart from the table and the salad) hahaha!

I have looked up the dry chicken tikka but have seen it at 29g/100 surely this cant be right?

Thanks, I am sure this is an issue we all face at some point, i enjoy a social life and am not going to skip a pill for the evening - that would just be kidding myself.

I look forward to the onslaught!

Julie

xx

hmmmm thats a tricky one, im still not passed the salad stage yet lol, too scared to try anything else, i hope you have a lovely time and all goes well for you.

Ellie

The only curry I had when on Xenical were ones I made myself...( I use WW Korma sauce, with chicken, green veggies and brown rice). However the fat value you food for chicken tikka could be right, as the marinade that coats the chicken will probably have oil in it, even though the chicken is dry cooked in a tandoor.
The only times we ate out while I was on the tabs, was in Italian restaurants, so I stuck to pasta with tomtato based sauces.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help :confused:
x

Maybe i will just pitch up with a tiffin box (think thats what they are called) with my WW take in!!

Perhaps i will scoff my way through the table cloth!

I`m afraid I don`t know the answer sorry.

Just wanted to say have a lovely time! X

lol @ scratch & sniff... i could eat my clothes in the morning cos they smell like the indian haha!...

Its not for a while yet, I was just after ideas from the Xenical old timer (no offence meant)..

When did you start on the tablets Ellie?

x

Hiya i had this trouble the other day when i went to pizza hut as all there pastas are full of fat even the tomatoe ones! So i had a salad instead.
Most indian restaurants are extremley good with customer service, maybe give them a call in advance ask them if there is anyway they can get you a chicken without any coating on? My indian always says on the menu that anything not advertised they can make if requested, so maybe they can help you out.
Good luck eating out is tricky

Hi Nat

Thats a good idea, it is my local, well was before I started dieting in Jan... infact I am having my wedding reception there in June!!!

Yes, Pizza hut make my laugh, proclaim to have "healthy options" but dont... like most of the fast food outlets.

How did you find your first week then?

Julie

I hope so, I have never dieted as such before but I got a new GP in Jan and she suggested I do something about it as I was almost 16stone and struggled to get off the sofa.... I am getting married in June so I am really motivated. I have a dress, need to lose an inch from my bust then it will fit perfectly, i know i will get there!

I used to drink wine every night, 2-3 glasses so i lost about 8lb in the first few weeks and then its slowly dropped since then but I got stuck about 3 weeks ago having lost 18ish..

The doc suggested Xenical in Jan but I was dead against it as thought it was just an appetite supressant but went back after i heard the contrary.

I am enjoying so many new feelings, just back from egypt and i felt good in my tankini (now 2lb's away from a 2 stone loss), obviously the tan helps!

I noticed today I can see my feet when i walk (I'm apple shaped so my belly is my big area), my fingers are slimming down and I can feel my hip bones... amazing!

x

Billy Goat!

Indian food is cooked in my house EVERYDAY i dont eat it much but sometimes i get the NEED TO!..

Stick to Chappati not naan as that is more fatterning and sometimes they put oil in it to make it more fluffy then coat with butter to make it shiny for the table. Chappati is flour and water.

DRY looking currys nothing saucy or that will have been drowned in oil to cook and possibly served in it aswell! Go with bhuna as it will be cooked in some il but wont have it dripping off the meat... OR Dhaal... - this is lentills boiled then have only a small amount of oil added at the end of the cooking process.

dnt bother with popodoms again fried in oil... maybe for starters nibbler on the salad?

Deserts.... icecream.. anything else with have TOOO much sugar in it and probs a big serving of butter... or ask for tea/coffee.

hope this helps...

Hiya you sound like you are doing really well, i lost 4lb in my first week x

Curry has loads of fat in, its sad because I love curry. Also you'll find it with all pasta dishes, its the sauce they do, full of fat, but compared to pizza hut pizza its low fat lol. Thats probably why they get away with saying it. I had Nandos other day and I was ok with that, just a wrap, no mayo/sauce, corn on cob with no butter and rice.

Hi hun,

I had tandoori chicken which comes with salad with 1/2 portion of boiled rice when I went...also put bit of mint sauce on the salas, didnt have any reactions and though I missed the curry sauce there was plenty of taste to what I had. If you must have sauce how about a tablespoon of a side dish so not too much?

Back