Eatlikeabird's Diary

Hope it does the trick and you're on the mend soon! I'm sure you'll feel miles better on lite, and then you'll be back to kick ass when you're healed and healthy!!

As others have said; you're health Is too important! Xxxx

I would not consider it a break f diet as it is the doctors orders " prescription medication" !
DOnt feel guilty...focus on getting better and then cont ur journey !!
Get well soon.
x

Hi Otv,
Thanks, I'm not feeling guilty, just disappointed that illness is delaying my LLT weightloss. I so want to lose that next 2 stone before xmas.
I am still sticking to plan with no deviation. No carbs and nothing that's not on the allowed Lite list. I think I may still be in ketosis cause I'm not hungry. I'll check a stick tomorrow.
I'm totally focused that changing to Lite isn't an excuse to eat like I used to, or to lapse. Its strange cause I'm not even tempted, I just look down at my wobbly bits, or the size 16's in my wardrobe and I'm still really motivated.

How are you feeling Debs? Good to hear to hear that you are 100% focussed on lite.

Hi Deb,
As far as Lite is concerned, I'm doing fine. Hasn't made me hungry or tempted by other foods.
I'm still quite weak though, and I always get very run down when I get TOTM anyway, which is now. Dizzy when I stand up. and skin painful.
Hasn't come at a good time though as I don't get sick pay and I had already booked landscaping and some escential work, like burying the mains water pipes deeper as they froze the last 3 winters, and clearing out the septic. Oh well had to be done and it looks much better already, even though its a sea of brown soil and mud right now.
How are you doing Deb, you had a great loss this week.

I'm good thanks Deb. I'm almost at 3 stones, so really pleased with that. Also tried on some size 14s on Saturday and they fitted me. Really chuffed!! Other than that, just dodging away quite happily :) Not enough hours in the day, but there never are!

Fingers crossed you will get the 3 stone this week. Must be fab to fit into size 14.
All I've been doing is resting, but I'm still in ketosis so I'm hoping to still have a loss even if it is only a small loss.
One thing I've learned from this is even though I've had my protein and veg once a day, a taste of food hasn't made me go crazy eating, and hasn't made me even think about food or any trigger foods. I'm eating for nutrition and not just for pleasure, which is huge step forward and I hope I can keep this thinking closer to goal and into maintenance next year. Being in ketosis is definitely helping cause I'm not hungry at all.

1.5lbs loss this week on Lite. I guess this isn't too bad for being on Lite, but I wish things were moving a bit faster. Still not into a size 18 yet which is a bit depressing, even though I've lost about 4 inches on each of bust, waist, hips since starting.
Blood test showed abnormal result last week so having more tests tomorrow as the medication may have affected the tests, and shingles are still a problem. Couldn't sleep well last night because of the shingles, caught between itchy and painfull. I'll be doing Lite again this week to try to improve my health, and I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow about plans for next week.

eatlikeabird said:
1.5lbs loss this week on Lite. I guess this isn't too bad for being on Lite, but I wish things were moving a bit faster. Still not into a size 18 yet which is a bit depressing, even though I've lost about 4 inches on each of bust, waist, hips since starting.
Blood test showed abnormal result last week so having more tests tomorrow as the medication may have affected the tests, and shingles are still a problem. Couldn't sleep well last night because of the shingles, caught between itchy and painfull. I'll be doing Lite again this week to try to improve my health, and I'll see what the doctor says tomorrow about plans for next week.

Patience young lady! Body needs extra nourishment to cope with all the stress, it will come off before you know it. A loss is still a loss!
Feel better soon
Jx

Couldn't sleep well again last night with the itching/pain. Took more blood this morning. GP wants me to do this week and another week on Lite. So that will be 3 weeks on Lite. And another week off work next week to rest. I haven't been doing anything but rest, so I'm going to have to try a 15 min walk to help a bit of weightloss. This is an expensive way to lose 1 or 1.5lbs per week.
The landscaping is complete outside my house, looks much neater. I now have 3 beds to plant bulbs and flowers. I have a load of spring bulbs to plant the next few days, going to see how many I have of each tonight to start to plan it out. Fingers crossed the weather stays good.

Argh, my car has died, the key won't turn in the cylinder. So I walked the 1.2 miles to my neighbour this evening. Got a drive back home cause it was dark. Huge progress. I tried that walk when I started LL and I had to stop about 20 times for my legs cramping and shortness of breath. I haven't done any exercise in the meantime. Well today I walked the whole way at a steady pace and without stopping, and no leg cramps. Yippee. This is huge progress, when I was fitter I could walk 5 miles no problem and I really missed being able to walk without leg pain. Just goes to show that losing 15 percent of the weight is easing the load I carry and improving my circulation as well.

That's great news!!! Well done hon!! I love noticing the little changes!! You'll be back doing 5 miles in no time!!! Xxxx

I had my WI on Wednesday and I lost 2.5lbs, which on Lite is a good loss. The walking and being the week after TOTM must have helped.
I saw GP today. I'm off work for next week also, and she wants me to do this week and next week on Lite. So that will be 4 weeks on Lite. She said keep going cause the one meal is doing me good and the weight is still coming down.
My bloods weren't back to normal but were much better than the week before, so she took more blood today.
A bit of a downer that the illness is lowering the weightlosses. But on the positive side it is still going in the right direction, and next week I will get the 3 stone mark. I'm getting lots of compliments on how much I've lost.
Also great that an anorak that I bought 2 years ago now fits. Just in time for me to wear on all my walks. By the time I go back to work they should see a difference.

Well done on your weight loss you are doing really well.
Take care
Cathy

Thanks Cathy, I love your new Avatar, great photo

eatlikeabird said:
I had my WI on Wednesday and I lost 2.5lbs, which on Lite is a good loss. The walking and being the week after TOTM must have helped.
I saw GP today. I'm off work for next week also, and she wants me to do this week and next week on Lite. So that will be 4 weeks on Lite. She said keep going cause the one meal is doing me good and the weight is still coming down.
My bloods weren't back to normal but were much better than the week before, so she took more blood today.
A bit of a downer that the illness is lowering the weightlosses. But on the positive side it is still going in the right direction, and next week I will get the 3 stone mark. I'm getting lots of compliments on how much I've lost.
Also great that an anorak that I bought 2 years ago now fits. Just in time for me to wear on all my walks. By the time I go back to work they should see a difference.

Well done for sticking with it, frustration sets in when the losses are slow, but you are doing brilliantly, especially with shingles!
Jx

hi elab well done on the loss, i just caught up with your diary and well done is all i can say keep at it youre doing great xx

hi hope youre well chick xxx

Well WI didn't go according to plan this week. I gained one pound, so I didn't get to my 3 stone. I knew I was down 1lb on my own scales 2 days ago but was up 4lbs on my own scales this morning. So probably retaining water, contipated, bloated because I haven't eaten anything not allowed on Lite.
This is when on another diet I would get discouraged and have crooked thinking and say what the heck if I'm going to gain anyway I may as well eat 'xyz' favorite treat. But not this time. I will just get back to drinking my water, because I know I haven't been drinking enough. And I will watch my portions. I was already weighing the protein but will be carefull not to have too much veg.
Seeing doctor tomorrow for my weekly check, get my blood test results, and see if I can go back to Total next Thurs. I'm still really itchy and tired so not back to normal yet, but I'm hoping this is my last week on Lite.

Back