Eatlikeabird's Diary

That sounds great and a great way to re-evaluate clothes for your new goal weight shape. I think we are so used to dressing for a large size that sometimes at goal we would walk past something that would look really nice. What a nice goal treat. I think I'll have to invest in some spanx at goal cause I have quite alot of jiggly belly that will be loose. I really like Debenhams. I used to shop in the one in Reading and we have a good store here in Tralee. You can find nice items on sale too.
I've been back on total for 3 week now and have lost 10.5 in that time. mini goal is to lose another 10.5 for xmas. I'm finally wearing my size 18 trousers this week, which is great.
WI is tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. Knowing that I'm nearing 4 stone lost is great then I'll only have 3 stone to goal. I can see the changes now, I have midway pics posted if you want to check it out. (Red top and black jacket were over 50% off in Debenhams.)
I think xmas may be a bit of a challenge but will do my best.

Hope you had a good WI! I can't see your pictures :(
I agree with the shopping comments, I never used to buy clothes that were fashionable, just glad if I could get them on!

Don't stress over Christmas, I am planning ahead, so will be careful, if you can keep focussed with your goal in mind, try and enjoy non foody treats, which is easy to say around Christmas time, but worth it to move towards your goal.
You are doing brilliantly now you are back on Total it will be easier to stick to.
I'm still struggling a little with the volume and end up with a tummy ache after most meals :( My LLC doesn't know what is causing it. I'm going to give it another week or so then go to my GP if no better. I'm not having a problem with going to the loo which I thought might happen, still feeling very tired, so not sure why.
I'm looking at different foods that are low carb but full of energy, not sure if there are any that are better than others?
I gave blood last Friday for the first time since starting LL, and blood count was borderline but I was allowed to donate which is good.

Look forward to your update after your WI this week!
Jx

Good you can give blood, I'm disqualified here cause I lived in uk from 1994. They rule out certain years I think cause of CJD.
Hope they figure out your tummy pain.
Aw can't you open my profile albums? Its open to everyone.
I just noticed you are 7 below goal, and in your skinny jeans, you must be delighted.

Tonight's news....3lbs lost. I'm happy with that, is better than the 2.5 I usually get. Just have to keep going steady and eventually I'll get there.

I was SO tempted at work yesterday and today. They had a huge Ch_c ca_e in the canteen when I had my lunch with everyone eating it around me, and there were leftovers being eaten today while I had my lunch. Argh, voices kept saying to me I've done so well One piece wouldn't hurt...but I really want to get to goal as quickly as I can so I sat there and resisted all temptation. And its TOTM when I really crave Ch_c, so I'm happy I was able to overcome the temptation. I had a bite of my bar instead. lol.

Yesterday I had a really nice day out with my friends down the road, we all went back to theirs for Sunday lunch. I made the choice to have protein and veg, instead of 2 of my packs. I'm ok with my decision and it hasn't set off any hunger or cravings. Back to just packs today. Roll on Wednesday meeting.

I'm feeling every bit of the 4 months 3 weeks, but I'm sticking with it. Keeping my eye on the next targets of my next smaller jeans (about an inch to go) and getting below 13 stone, then on to the 5 stone mark and a bmi below 30.
I'm loving taking out tops and jeans that I had stored away for the last 8 years that now fit.
And my last Thyroid test had my TSH level at its lowest ever, it was actually the level of the average healthy woman. Amazing.

Well done! You have reached nearly all of your goals! Maybe it is time to add some more? You have done amazingly well and in such a small amount of time. It must feel really strange sometimes to look in the mirror and see a different person staring back...

I am at the start of my journey and at about the same weight you are now, So it will be interesting to see how your losses compare to mine. i am sure it must slow down as you get smaller.

Well done on the thyroid thing too. Many people use having thyroid issues as an excuse not to lose weight, but you have proved it can be done.

My losses are quite slow, between 2 to 3lbs per week, but it all adds up. So happy bunny all in all.

I will definitely add more goals on the way but I don't like to look too far ahead, it can be overwelming. I just add the next goal when I'm close to reaching the current goal. And I love ticking them off and adding new ones. he he.

Last edited:
Hi elab, you really are doing well, slower but steady losses are still good, and fab news on your thyroid results. It could get challenging over the next couple of weeks, how are you going to manage christmas? Are you still on total? I think if I was still losing I would stay completely on plan, it was such a struggle when income back from holiday doing lite to go back to total, in some respects I should have stayed on plan, then would have reached target sooner.
I know what you mean about getting stored clothes out that then fit, it was a real delight! Goal setting can be motivating, but I found I began setting goals all over the place and then that put more pressure on me by me, so eased off.
Jx

Hi Julz,
I'm happy with WI tonight lost 3.5lbs and nearing the overweight BMI category. I'm still doing total. Sticking with it as I still have a long way to go.
I know its controvertial but as you asked, I will probably do a lite day on xmas day. I go to a friend so I won't have any xmas food at my house to tempt me after. I found I coped fine with returning to total after 3 weeks of lite in October. I think its a very individual thing and if I thought I was risking going off the rails I'd stay away from the one meal but I'm ok with it.
How are you finding maintenance?

Had some news today when I checked on my last blood test with my GP. My liver enzymes are up again. We were keeping an eye on it as it was up before I got sick, came down when I was on lite and after 6 weeks of Total it is up again.
So, doctors orders is to have 2 or 3 Lite days a week and we'll check it again in January. Keeping going though and I should still have losses every week. I'll get to goal eventually.

Had a bit of non LL foods on the weekend, nothing sweet and no alcohol at the xmas party, but stuff that still should have been off limits. Back on the wagon to try to offset the damage by WI on Wednesday.

Doctor wants me to eat Lite 2 to 3 times per week and I'll get blood tested again in January as it has gone up again to abnormal level since the last 6 weeks on just Total. She wants to see if the food brings the levels down again in January.
The setback of the blood test sent me off the rails a bit last weekend, but I'm back on track. My size 18 jeans are very loose now. I just hope I haven't wiped out my losses for this WI though.

What would have pushed your liver enzymes up and what exactly does that mean? Did you have a liver condition before you started or is it caused by eating very few cals/losing weight quickly? i don't want to get too personal, but I am interested to know if there are symptoms which should be watched for or if drinking too little water or something may be behind it?

the fact is that losing weight is a healthy thing to be doing and it doesn't sound as if your doc is too concerned. So even if you have to go at a slower pace, you will get there in the end!

My doctor is very supportive of my doing LL, so that is great.
My liver function was good in normal range in blood tests before I started LL. I get tests every 3 months cause hypothyroid for about a 1.5 years. Liver function was up when I got shingles and we didn't know if it was the anti-virals or if it was the diet. As I was on lite for 3 weeks to kick the shingles the levels went back just above normal and she allowed me to go back on Total. But its been 6 weeks on Total again and the level is back up. Don't know why its back up, but she wants me to have some Lite days to see if that helps the levels by January.
The improvements in all other results of my blood tests and the great losses mean the overall health improvements are so positive and GP is happy to monitor the situation. No symptoms, if I wasn't getting blood tests I wouldn't know anything was up, I'm feeling good.

Our body's can do some strange things sometimes. most of us probably feel absolutely fine but it isn't until tests are done that things start to look odd or worrying. I guess for you it is good that you are monitored as the changes you might not notice might still be important.

But i bet every other part of your body is now getting healthier every day. You have worked so hard to get to this point and it sounds as though you aren't seeing this as a setback.

Have a great christmas!

I chose to eat over xmas and to have no guilt or regrets, and I didn't go crazy. 2 weeks ago I STS and last week I even lost 1.5lbs(happy surprise). But I did come out of Ketosis and now I have the headache as I try to get back into ketosis. Must drink more water...
I'm refocusing for the New Year and to get to goal. Now is when I need to push myself to stick with it as I am feeling so much lighter and I can fit into my smaller (for me, size 16) clothes. As I've always been overweight the head games start now to push past this and get to a healthy BMI.
On a nice note I went shopping yesterday and bought size 14/16 pj's. 2 weeks ago I bought xl pj's and they were way too big. I think it will take a while to get used to not buying the largest size.

hi elab, is this the last push for you to get to goal, and its lovely to hear you are getting in to a small size, bet you have a waist to kill for!!!!!!!!!! im like you, i can now fit in to some size 12s but still pick up size 16s which are really baggy on me, head is not used to it yet, anyhoo keep going chick and a big well done for getting back to total after xmas xxxxx

Back