Eatlikeabird's Diary

Hiya, I started on 5 April , so actually lots quicker than I thought it would be, I know they tell you approx a stone a month, but it's hard sometimes to get your head around it, but yep 5 months and here I am. Not quite finished, another stone or so to go, now the hardest part is people telling me to stop, you look great! Can't get into skinny jeans properly, but soon.
Good luck with your journey
Jx

Thats really amazing!!! Huge congrats!!!!
I'm sure you'll know when it's time to quit - in the meantime - skinny jeans here we come!!!

Thanks for the well wishes!! Good luck back to you too!! xxxx

I have a rotten cold also. I was surrounded at work so couldn't avoid the wretched thing. Started with a sore throat but hot drinks helped that. Then stuffy nose and cotton wool brain. Usually I would take Actifed syrup to be able to sleep and work, but I'm coping with Oil of Oregano in the day and Vicks at night. I think I may have a low loss week because of the cold.

If it si low this week due to water retention ,,, then next week will be payback time x

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Cathy

I'm off work sick today. Yesterday I got a bad pain in my left side below my waist. It goes from the back to the front. I think its is constipation or trapped wind, so I've taken sugarfree deflatin and senokot. Hoping this pain will shift today. At first I thought it was muscular but heat and deep heat rub didn't help.
The packs are going ok. Going week by week and looking forward to the 100 day mark. This is week 10 so not long to go now to the milk week and 100 days.
My fat is very wobbly as it deflates, actually makes me notice it more. Looking forward to what the next 2 stone can accomplish in getting rid of it. I think the next 2 stone is where I will really see a difference. I have seen the fat lost on my neck, I'm starting to see the indents at the base of my neck. Why does it go there where its just mm's to lose and not off my hips and thighs where there are inches to lose?

I started getting spasms across my mid back and insides. Couldn't stand it at work this morning so went to GP. Got antibiotics for Kidney infection. She signed me off work for the week.
Being sick isn't affecting staying on LLT though thank goodness.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good - hope you get better soon!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather.Look after yourself and take care.
Cathy

Thanks Ladies,
I'm taking it easy, and having lots of naps in the day. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. WI tomorrow but I don't think I will sit through the meeting. Depends if the spasms aren't as often...

Last edited:
I was feeling well enough to sit through the meeting last night, 2lbs lost. But today my skin was really sensitive down one side and noticed a rash. Went to doctor straight away, and as I suspected I now have shingles. I've never had them before.
Interestingly my GP said to stick with LLT. She said the shingles last about 2 weeks and is treatable, the long term affects of being the weight I was was more of a danger. She said to stick with the plan cause I'm doing well.
I was really glad to hear this because I'm sure I will get comments about LLT making me ill.
I'm hopeful that my cold, kidney infection, and shingles will be the end of the things that happen in three's, and I will be feeling better soon.
Not feeling well now though, and finding it hard to finish my packs. May leave a bar to later in the week and have 2 shakes today.

Oh crumbs eatlikeabird, you have been through it, glad you had your shingles diagnosed early, my friend had it a few months ago and first GP missed it, so wasn't given he anti viral jab early enough so it's taken ages to get over it.
They say things come in three's so that's you done!, give yourself some time and be kind to yourself,

Take care
Jx

Thanks Julz,
The GP just gave me the anti-viral tablets, didn't have to get a jab.

Illness update. The rash is still spreading and skin is painful, just taking it easy at home. Finding it a bit hard to get in as much water as I usually would drink when I'm working.

Get well soon. Shingles is no joke x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well went to doctor this morning as its a week with shingles and the rash is much worse than when I saw the doctor last week. She has given me 3 more days of anti-viral tablets.
I've been feeling dizzy when I stand up, BP is ok so may just be the illness or side-effect of anti-viral.
GP took a look at my losses so far and the way the shingles has taken hold and said I need to switch to lite for 2 weeks. I've also been craving protein and veg. GP said the Protein and veg is what my body is needing to heal, and to stay off the carbs. I'm not craving any trigger foods which is good.
My WI is tonight and my LLC will go through it with me, I'm going early for a one to one talk.
Disappointed that the weightloss will be slowed for 2 weeks but if it gets me over this darned illness then has to be done. I'm going into my 12th week so I would have been increasing calories next week anyway.
Also disappointed that I'm so near the 100 days of 100% but having to break it. I will still be sticking to LL plan, just LLL for 2 weeks instead of LLT.
I'll update later with my weightloss.

Good luck Bird, your priority has to be your health and take the advice from your GP who sounds sensible.
Afew weeks on lite might be all you need to help the shingles on the way. I hope so, it must be horrible. Poor you.
Let us know how you get on. :)

So sorry to hear you have shingles.Try to get lots of rest as you need it to recouperate.
Your health is important and if you follow lite for two weeks it should help with the healing process.
Take care hun ,I had shingles several years ago so can empathise with you.Take painkillers regularly and lots of rest.
Cathyxxx

hey hun, as the girls say health is more important - you need to get the strength back to fight the illness and then have the energy to get back on LLT. wishing you a speedy recovery x

Thank you ladies, Yes, I feel like my body needs the change from total to heal. I lost 1.5lbs this week even though I was 100%, so I think my body is holding onto the fat. Hoping the change for a couple of weeks will allow me to shake this illness and kickstart the losses on total again. Also I'm going into my TOTM next week which also makes me run down and I need all my strength to fight the shingles. So probably for the best to change to LLL just now. LLC has loaned me the book for Lite. I'm going to have a read of it tonight.

Thank you ladies, Yes, I feel like my body needs the change from total to heal. I lost 1.5lbs this week even though I was 100%, so I think my body is holding onto the fat. Hoping the change for a couple of weeks will allow me to shake this illness and kickstart the losses on total again. Also I'm going into my TOTM next week which also makes me run down and I need all my strength to fight the shingles. So probably for the best to change to LLL just now. LLC has loaned me the book for Lite. I'm going to have a read of it tonight.

Does sounds like a sensible plan, I'm sure the extra food will kick start your recovery, so be kind to yourself, lots of fluid and rest.

Hope you feel better soon
Jx

Back