Eatlikeabird's Diary

Hi Mimz,
Just read your diary, you are doing great. I can't wait to fit into size 12, it must be nice to fit into stylish clothes. I'm going to have to try all the shops to find what suits me, I'm almost 51 so styles in alot of shops look too young. Debenhams are usually a good choice.
Thank goodness I'm back in Ketosis from last night. Last night I STS, but now I'm hopeful for a good loss next week. Everyone in meeting was really positive and looking forward to getting back into the swing of LL. We are going to rock the next few months.

hi elab, when you are a smaller size, and even now you are a size 16 which is great, go to places you normally wouldnt, you will find some nice pieces, and may i say you dont look 51 at all xxx its a little weird that im fitting in to 12s as my head hasnt caught up with my body yet. i do find that i look at a size 12 and think haha its bloody tiny how am i going to fit in that and more often than not it fits but i dont think im a proper 12 yet, oh i dont know lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw thanks Mimz, Yup I already think my 16 jeans look small, my goal size 12 jeans look tiny, so well done you. Eventually our thoughts will catch up with our smaller bodies.

i hope my thoughts catch up quick, my mum is petit and a size 12 and ive always thought she looks so small so to imagine that im around the same size as her is funny and she is soooo fab she said im slimmer than her today!!! and she tells me i look great pretty much everyday!! i hope from now til goal the sizes drop real quick for you, its scary but such a fab feeling!!!!

Clothing sizes are a really difficult one. My body currently seems to be three different sizes in one. My upper body is a twelve, my waist is a 12/14 and my hips are still a size 16.

I bought jeans the other day and had to buy my normal size (the size i was when I started dieting) which is a 16. They fit me in the thighs and hips but are way too big in the waist. I am wearing a belt which is cinched in on the sixth hole...

My body is always out of proportion. My aim is to be a 10/12 in my lower body. But my fear is that my thighs will never get to that stage...while the rest of me will need to be a size 6!

nzmegs, Hope it 'evens' out for you as you get to goal! I think it will.

Feeling good tonight that WI was -3lbs. I am now under BMI 30 and I'm overweight! Strange to celebrate that but coming from morbidly obese it's a huge step forward. I'm under 180lbs, under 13stone, and nearing 5stone lost.
It was also very sweet, at work today they gave me a box of Celebrations for my birthday. They are outside in the car until I can give them to a friend tomorrow. I can't bring it in the house as I know I'd open it. I know I'm not strong enough to resist so this is my strategy. So I'm really enjoying nibbling on my 'nut fudge' bar as a replacement.
Off to GP tomorrow for my blood test. I'll find out the results next week.

Do your work mates not know you are on a diet. if so, that sounds like sabotage to me :)

Well done you for avoiding them. I suppose it is a good test. But one you could do without.

Well done for losing 3 pounds this week. excellent news. Also being overweight rather than obese sounds great. it is a real acheivement. It was my first goal and I felt amazing to be able to say my BMI was that low.

My workmates know about the diet but didn't know about my birthday, it was from the ladies in HR who don't know about the diet (could hardly miss the weightloss though,lol). :)
GP was happy this morning, said to keep doing 3/4 days of Lite per week. Will get blood results next week. I have to start figuring out how to fit in some exercise to get toned up. That is the new prescription!

All you need is half an hour a day. Get up a bit early maybe. if you want to see good results use weights or resistance bands and really go for it for 30 mins.

Add in some extra walking at other times of the day. But to improve muscle tone you really need to use weights and to push your muscles past what you think you can handle.

WI has been changed to Tuesdays, and lost 1lb tonight. Slow but getting there.
Blood results, aren't back down to normal but are better so GP wants me to continue doing Lite. I'll get to goal eventually.
I'm in size 16 now. I saw a dress on sale in Monsoon and I'm trying to figure out what size I'll be at goal. 2 stone to go. I tried on a 14 and was able to squeeze the zip up but would be too tight to wear it. I tried on a 12 and would need to lose about 3 inches. I just don't know if my upper frame is too broad to wear the 12 even at goal. I have a friend who is size 12 and broad shoulders so I'm going to ask her to go and try it on.

I saw the sale in Monsoon too. I wanted to buy everything i saw! So different to the last time i went shopping when I was embarrassed to even be there and went home with nothing.

I am also trying to work out what my size will be in the summer. maybe a 12 - maybe not...

I tried on a top of mine yesterday which was snug last summer. it is now gaping under the arms and around the cleavage area. - not a good look. problem is that it was my favourite top - really pretty and quite expensive. I am considering getting it altered.

Maybe we all need to become whizzes on the sewing machine!

At size 22 I'd walk around a shop and know that others are thinking she doesn't belong in here, she'd never fit anything in here. It's still going on in my head even though I can now fit in the larger sizes.

Well my friend who is a size 12, taller but weighs my goal weight, tried on the dress for me. She couldn't zip up the size 12, so decision made, I bought the size 14 Monsoon dress ready for summer, I love it.
Next treat will be when my size 16 jeans are too big and can buy a size 14. Can't believe I have 4 pairs of 16's I'm wearing from before, and no size 14 jeans in my wardrobe.

Hi Debs, good for you on your shopping trip:) Its really difficult to work out future sizes, I think. I guess I'm a standard size 12, but I bought a Julien McDonald dress in a 12 and its too tight across the bust. I also have 2 size 8s from Primark, which is a complete nonsense. I am no more a size 8 than fly in the air lol.

Hi Debs, welcome back, missed you. Did you have a lovely holiday bikini babe?
Sizes make me crazy, a size 16 jeans a/wear barely passed my thighs the other day, but my lovely warehouse jeans in size 16 fit perfectly.
How are you doing with RTM? I'm finding it hard sticking to Lite. But will get there eventually.

Well, unfortunately, it was the coldest winter in the Canaries for 15 years! However, cold for the Canaries was between 17 and 21 degrees. Not quite hot enough for me, but compared to home, it was lovely. I felt a bit self conscious in my bikinis, for a while, then I didnt care lol.

I'm finding RTM a bit tricky. It probably wasnt the best time to go away, but then I cant hide from food all my life. I've put on 2.5lbs, so I'm determined to crack on and get to target. It feels miles away lol.

1.5lbs lost this week.
Sad to say my financial situation has changed (unemployed) so I talked to my LLC tonight about starting RTM from Lite. I don't want to just quit LL altogether. Hoping that when the 4 week RTM from Lite is complete, that the monthly weighins will keep me on the straight and narrow. And hoping I'll get something soon so I can get back for another 4 weeks of Total to get to goal.

it is true the that LL is a real financial commitment. it can be a big struggle. But over the weeks you have learnt so many ways of dealing with your eating patterns and you seem really determined - so I am sure you will be able to keep losing.
Just don't se this change in circumstances as an excuse to start eating poorly. Keep making wise decisions and you'll be fine.
Good luck finding a job. Not easy in this climate, but possible. Have you thought about working from home doing freelance stuff?
I am a freelance writer and there are plenty of freelance sites where admin work, writing work and other computer based stuff is readily available.

Well done on your loss this week Debs.

Have you heard anything from the interview?

Back