Total Solution EatPrayLove's Exante Journal

EatPrayLove

I've read through other diaries and have been so inspired by people's honesty, both about successes and failures, that I feel I can openly write about my own experiences, but I've been staring at the white blankness of the forum's post box for a short while, not really sure how to start. So I think I'll just write what comes to mind.

I ordered my packs yesterday and they will be delivered today between 13.06 and 14.06 (I love the precision). I found Exante by accident. I was doing research on Cambridge which, I've been on twice with little success, and up popped an ad. While it's not as cheap as I had hoped (averages out to about the same as CD for me), I do not have to limit my self to a weekly weigh-in with a consultant who quite frankly was useless. And I can order more or less of what I need when I need it. More control, no aspartame (I hate fake sugars) and more calories! Yippee! I figured I would try something new for a week, see how I get on. I also like the ideas of the bars from day one. On CD, you usually have to wait until the start of your third week before you can chow down on anything (only on Sole Source), and by that point my need to chew has gone beyond anything sane and reasonable.

I am not saying CD doesn't work...it just wasn't working for me.

In preparation for Exante TS, I have tried to limit my carbs and started drinking more water; both things are very difficult for me, but hey it's all relative. I'm also trying to limit my coffee intake because I drink it too much. I can easily down 4-5 cups a day, in fact I can have coffee before bed and still go to sleep which, defeats the point of coffee.

I'm taking a leaf out of others e-books and setting myself some mini goals. I also know the first week is definilty going to be the hardest. You'll probably see me on the forum a lot trying to battle with devil and angel mini-me's on my shoulders each dishing out pieces of advice.

So why am I here? Other than the obvious: to lose weight.

In truth, I really enjoy health and fitness and want to become a personal trainer. However, what started a few years ago as a real passion, slowly turned into a war against my own body. The gym stopped being fun, and staying healthy became a job, with long hours, no pay and no benefits. All I could think about was food. Pizza was a party of cheese and pepperoni; Chinese a special fried rice carnival, with spicy schezuan dishes and prawn toast not tot mention the hedonistic revelry of sweets! Ice cream, cakes, apple pies with cream! Who wanted dry chicken breast with broccoli? I couldn't look at another tub of cottage cheese and the smell of ryvita just made me picture cardboard.

Personally, I have been on some kind of a diet every week for the last decade or so and I'm feeling every counted calorie, every suppressed emotion when I pick up a cake or a cheese sandwich or a coke (I'm in need of a triple 'C' bypass) and in the words of the late comedian Bernie Mac "my body weary".
I've been slim, toned, chubby, fat, skinny, muscular. But if I have ever been happy with any or all of it, I think I would have to answer "nope not at all". I've been looking for perfection and no wonder I've never found it. It doesn't exist because my ideals of perfection are mercurial: they change every time I read a glossy magazine or pick up a training regime. It changed so often, my consciousness isn't even aware the parameters have changed. I'm asking my mind to keep up with a lot of change, but my body will not have it anymore. It's been in stasis for around six months now and I'm currently at my heaviest weight of 11 stone 3 lbs as I write this.

At only 5 feet 3 inches tall, my BMI warns me I am overweight. But, I don't need a calculator to tell me that: I have back ache, get out of breath walking up stairs, my knees hurt sometimes and my body looks out-of-place. I couldn't even place myself in a typical female body type right now. I used to be a pear but my ample bosom makes me hourglass-ish, then again if my round tummy has anything to add its saying 'you're an apple'. Maybe I need a Trinny and Susanna moment but even their theories on body shape confuses me.

So here I am. One month away from a holiday in Spain and two months away from my wedding. Oh yeah I'm getting married this July. And I've already decided wedding dress shopping is simultanouely great and uncomfrtable. Unfortunately, the experience has been marred by my obsession with my flabby middle. It was fun at times, but in the end the euphoria wore off and I was left feeling pretty low. At one point, I purposefully didn't look at any bridal magazines for a few weeks because the dresses I liked were only ever on thin models who had been air-brushed to perfection. Not what any slimming bride needs to see.

I know I have to make the changes and I'm willing to go through a little discomfort to get there. I'm as ready as I'll ever be so tomorrow will be my official Day 1 (as well as my first ever weekend weigh in! Might help me stay motivated during the week).

I'll attempt to post every day, with the honest-john's truth of what is happening with my physical and the mental. And I promise they won't be as long as this one.

Until tomorrow...:wavey:
x

Welcome to our merry band. I hope your packs turn up today and good luck as you get started. There's loads of support and encouragement here, and hopefully it will help you to achieve your goals :)

Welcome to our merry band. I hope your packs turn up today and good luck as you get started. There's loads of support and encouragement here, and hopefully it will help you to achieve your goals :)

Thank you so much, my fiance just called to say packs have arrived so very happy! :D

That's great, my packs have arrived too, i'm gathering all my information together to get things straight in my head before starting

Good luck

BF

That's great, my packs have arrived too, i'm gathering all my information together to get things straight in my head before starting

Good luck

BF

Thanks Blue Fox, let me know when you start and we can spurr each other on when things get tough! :happy096:

As promised here are my mini goals:

Mini Goals:
Aim for 100% TS in first week
Post a journal entry everyday for first week
Drink 2 litres of water everyday
Limit myself to 2 coffees every day for first week
Lose a stone in a month
Lose at least 3 inches from my waist and 1.5 from my bust in a month

:woohoo:

Thanks Blue Fox, let me know when you start and we can spurr each other on when things get tough! :happy096:
What a lovely start to your diary. You have got so much to look forward to ..... yes it will be challenging but you will have the support from us all as and when you need it. You've read the forums yes this diet does work and we all have our off days but bounce straight back on and I think that is the key. Whenever I used to diet and fall off the wagon I wouldn't go back on it until a Monday ... stupid but true. Best of luck and look forward to reading of your weight loss xxx

What a lovely start to your diary. You have got so much to look forward to ..... yes it will be challenging but you will have the support from us all as and when you need it. You've read the forums yes this diet does work and we all have our off days but bounce straight back on and I think that is the key. Whenever I used to diet and fall off the wagon I wouldn't go back on it until a Monday ... stupid but true. Best of luck and look forward to reading of your weight loss xxx

Thank you so much. :thankyou:
I'm looking forward to the journey as well as feeling apprehensive, but it's all a part of the process!

I used to do the same, fall of the wagon, start on Monday's, until I realised it was silly and every day was an opportunity to begin again. So I stopped and just jumped back on. Sometimes these things natuatrally happen on Monday, but I like the fact I have 3 days away from work to get myself into ketosis, which means I can sleep when I need and not worry about being snappy :grumble: to colleagues (just my OH, but he understands LOL:love:

Good luck. The first few days are fairly challenging but keeping your goals in sight really helps. Keep the water intake going too if you can and if your finding it tough come on here and fess all as we all know what it feels like and will happily support in whatever way we can. Good luck with your journey and welcome aboard xx

Beginning of Day 1 - eeek

I woke up naturally this morning (no alarm) which was lovely.

Last night I prepared my packs for the day, so I didn't have to use any higher :confused: brain functions today, just incase I become so obsessed with not eating I cannot think and turn into a zombie! :feedtroll:

Never been a big fan of any strawberry flavoured anything, but have wonderfully discovered that the Exante packs are tasty-delcious! :D

I made up half (just in case I spat it all out) and texture was smooth and creamy, with no nasties at all! Will be dowing the 2nd half at 11ish.

Weigh in details:
Weight: 11st 1.8 lbs
Chest: 39"
Waist: 35" (where have my days in the twenties gone:cry:)
Hips: 41"
Body Fat%: 34.8 (too high!!)

Having a decaff coffee and off to clean house! Will check in later xx

Welcome, good luck on your journey, there's lots of support here and I find posting regularly helps a lot with keeping the motivation up.
I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :)

Day 1 contiued...

Soo....nearly through Day 1 and so far so good!

I've had:
1/2 strawberry shake (300 ml water)
1/2 banana shake (300 ml water)
Vegetable soup with cayenne pepper (400 ml water
1/2 toffee & raisin bar (before exercise class)

I have enjoyed all the products today and the soup was delicious!
Also drank 1 litre of water and had 1 coffee! tiny headache at the moment, but i know I need to start guzzling some more water.

OH wants to go to the cinema this evening, so I'm saving the rest of my bar for then.
xx

Day 1 Recap and Food for Thought

I did it! I actually did it! I lasted a whole day and, can you believe, enjoyed it! My tummy grumbled for a while but then I just drowned it out with glasses of water. I even managed a fitness class yesterday and still didn’t cheat! Yippeee!:grouphugg:

Products/Calories
· ½ strawberry shake with 300 ml water (100.5 cals)
· ½ banana shake with 300 ml water (100.5 cals)
· Vegetable soup with cayenne pepper, made with 400 ml water (201 cals)
· ½ toffee & raisin bar (107.5)
· ½ chocolate orange bar (104.5)
· Cambridge oriental chilli soup made with 400 ml water (148 cals) – had to eat again because of fitness class, but I used a CD product has it has less calories.
· ½ toffee & raisin bar (107.5)

Total calories 869.5 :busted:

Now that may be 266.5 cals more than you’re supposed to eat on TS but I’m not complaining! :giggle:I stuck to my products and guzzled water all day. I drank 2.5 litres of water yesterday including 1 decaf coffee and 1 peppermint tea.

I am aiming for 3 packs per day, but I had a pretty heavy carb, high caffeine lifestyle :coffee:so the headaches came quickly yesterday. The water helped, but to get through, when I was feeling particularly bad, I had the ½ bars while I was out which worked in 10 minutes = no more dizziness.
I also a sneaky peek at the scales and I have lost 1.8 lbs! I know its water but it’s made e very happy because clearly it’s working!:gimi:

Food for Thought
· At the end of this month I am going to be at my slimmest for the last 4 years!:bliss:
· I will have cheek bones and collar bones
· TS is like one of those health retreats...you go for a break (from food) to help start a process of change (weight & lifestyle) but if you don’t invest yourself 100% it’s wasted money and a lot of hard work for no good reason.

EPL the day has arrived ;)..... Hope your getting on fine, is this day 2 for you?

BF

Blue fox I'm now at end of day three. I'll post an update. Day four tomorrow and back to work so bit anxious but sure it will be fine.

How are you getting on?

Day three update.

Yesterday my computer died. It's the third tome this has happened and believe me I was super super distressed. Have been told my warranty ran out last month but I have insurance so hopefully I'll be okay.

Yesterday I had food. I went to cinema to see Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (Deep is just gorgeous) and had a bar and half shake instead of my usual coke and popcorn.

All was going well until evening when PC died. I tried to go to bed early but I was so stressed I couldn't sleep and ended up watching 3 hours of CSI on tv. I also had this intense craving for tuna and chillies. So I had tin with some cayenne pepper, lemon juice and cucumber and my first hot choc shake (its not bad). So now having to update via phone.

I was worried the tuna would affect me but I felt fine. This mornings sneak peek saw me at 10 st 13.4 lbs so I was seriously happy.

Today has been really tough. Found it hard to drink all my water. And again felt woozy so had an extra half soup. So not been 100% but I'm still on plan so to speak. I just hope I get a really good first week loss. I think I would be upset if I only lost 5lbs.

I know I'm not in ketosis yet as ketostixs are still negative. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

How is everyone getting along?

xx

Blue fox I'm now at end of day three. I'll post an update. Day four tomorrow and back to work so bit anxious but sure it will be fine.

How are you getting on?

Hey EPL hope you get on ok tomorrow with work and all, i'm doing fab on day 3 and just away to have my morning shake, been 100% so far;) So sorry to hear about your computer, hopefully the repair won't take long and doesn't stress you too much - sending hugs

BF

You do realise lemon juice would kick you out of ketosis EPL? ;) which is probably why the sticks are showing negative still x

You're doing really well and seem very strong and positive. Brill stuff :D

Oh crap I had no idea? It wasn't even a teaspoon!! I feel like such an idiot....where can I get a safe list of foods from?

Oh well...gonna hang head in shame for being such a doofus!

Blue fox - doing ok, had a shake and getting ready for lunch. Trying to stay 100% over next few weeks. So far work has been so busy had no time to feel hungry!! WIN

Back