Ed's stop eating sugar for god sake calarie counting diary

I've been inspired by all the great diaries on here and although I expect anyone to read this one I think if I write exactly what I eat on here then it will give me some responsibility.

A bit about me: I have always eaten sweets - I blame my parents :) and got away with it for a long time (I'm now 28). However the last couple of years it is showing around my belly especially.

As I'm carer for my disabled wife I worry that health will eventually be affected by bad eating habits and lack of regular exercise and I'm won't be able to look after her, my son and child on the way.

So health is primary focus as I have the height to get away with most of my weight - I'm what a comedian called a fat skinny guy.

So I'm starting today with calorie counting and write here how I do and how much I eat.

I'm not sure what to aim for which has always held me back as I'm conscious of losing weight unsustainably. When I was on Spark people it suggested 1900-2300 for a pound a week weight loss over a year.

So I'm going to aim for 1900 as I don't want to underdo it too much.

Today will be my weigh in day: In morning before breakfast after tea/coffee.

102.8kg

Heyy!

I without a doubt will be reading your diary on here! :)

It's brilliant to hear someone thinking about others and having the most motivational reasons for losing weight, which is a brilliant start!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll achieve your goal, and we're here to support you all the way!

Happy calorie counting! :D

Good luck :D

Yesterdays Total

Thanks for your support.

I was too tired to post yesterdays total so I worked out this morning.

1340 calories.

I really don't know if this is too low for me as I have periods during the day when I'm active-ish. I did feel quite hungry in parts but felt motivated.

Problem was I think that I didn't count the total during the day which I will today and allow myself a little more: I reckon 1800 would be okay as I want it too be sustainable.

I've been reading a book on getting ideas and theres a quote by Emile Coue
"Always thinkof what you have to do as easy and it will become so"

I'm not sure how much anyone agress but thinking that losing weight is hard might just make it harder.

Till tonight or tommorrow.

Thanks supportive posters.

@minusfour I was 103 kg on Monday and goal is 85kg. I'm not dangerously overweight now as I'm tall but I could see myself going that way and want more than anything to halt the upward trend.

Yesterday's total was circa 2000 in the end. I was totting things up throughout the day but forgot to put on the milk I drank (and then I had a couple of handfuls of haribo just before bed. It is one of the worst times for me as I tend to want a last sugar fix as I'm closing down the house.)

Anyway I'm around the right amount.

Today I've had a few naughty things. Mainly because of my wife. She wanted Mcdonalds (a craving) and doesn't like eating by herself (she is pregnant so I know not to cross the lady). She also doesn't really want me to go mad on the diet side as she will be putting on weight and she already has issues surrounding that. So I figure its not worth the stress and arguments for the sake of a cheeseburger and half an ice cream she couldn't finish.

After reading some of the other posters I've decided to write roughly the things I eat. So will do that hopefully before bed.

Writing off yesterday

Even after the mcdonalds and ice cream I was still doing okay. I had a veg soup for dinner. But I went and got some digestives for the wife and then went and about ten myself along with half a packet of haribo.

Game over. Start again today. Going to use spark people to tot things up as we go along.

hi sugar addict:wavey:
i think your quote is spot on.
i definately think the more you tell yourself something the more you believe it and so it becomes true,whether it really is or not.
so heres to a nice easy journey!!:)
also,dont know if it might be of any use,but i have recently discovered little pots of sugar free jelly(thanks to someone on here,it's such a good forum)which are only 3 cals each!!
i'm finding them very handy in the evenings(my worst time as well)maybe they would help at 'haribo time'?
lots of luck to you:)

"Always thinkof what you have to do as easy and it will become so".

Great quote - thanks for sharing it. I love your motivation, and know how hard it is when you have a sweet tooth. But you can change your eating habits, slowly and surely ... I found myself choosing a slice of ham yesterday instead of half a Cherry Bakewell Tart !!!! Shocking!!! How are you counting your calories? There are a few online sites that do all the hard work for you - and they give guidelines for a daily calorie target depending on your height and level of daily activity.

Good luck on your journey x

Back again

I bet you thought you'd never see me again? :cry:

But no after last weeks multiple foul ups on the part of my will power I'm back on the horse again.

I did a bit of searching (soul, internet, bank account) and read that you can reach goals better if you make an investment in it with time and money.

On BBCs Click site I found a bit about using technology to help lose weight. They used a Ki-fit calorie monitor which I thought looked cool. After umming and ahhing for while I decided to get one.

As well as money investment the thing I read said blogging was also good as it was a personal space that needed time investment. So I from last monday I started bloggin about how I was doing on the diet and using this Ki-fit thing.

The blog is affiliated so I guess I can post it - The Last Beginning | Ed's Weight Loss Journey

if that didn't work its called Ed's Weight Loss Journey and is on Wordpressis hosted site.

The long and short of it is that it is helping me (so far) and here are the stats since Monday.

Monday: Burnt off: 4799 Consumed: 1854
Tuesday: Burnt: 4686 Consumed: 2888
Wednesday: B: 4662 Con: 2539

As you can see seem to burn off a lot of calories so doing well. Weigh in on Monday (was 102kg on monday just gone)

I'll still be in here from time to time as you peeps have really insipred me.

Thanks Ed

Sounds very good. Think I may look into getting myself one. How much??

Back