EE - Amythyst1980 honest journey to feeling fab and not flab .....

Aloha fellow miniminners :)

So 15th September 2013 is the date I have signed up to SW online at 18st 6lbs ( ooooosha!)

So I am busy working 33 yr old girl and with work and travel and find it hard to commit to classes and need to start making ME a priority.I offically feel like s*** and cannot squeeze into my clothes anymore and I have found myself avoiding people and events if I can and that is just wrong.

So knowing me ... I need to get into a routine and make sure I am prepared as that will just help. I would love to get right into the gym but think I am going to give myself a chance to get into the plan first.

So today I have completed a Tesco shop and was surprised how I was able to shop and not spend that much. I have cooked

- Butternut squash and lentil soup
- veg camp stew ( from October Magazine)
- Stuffed romano peppers with quinoa
- Pot of mince for cottage pie

Well end of first blog and if any one wants to offer advice, chat or get a bit of support drop me line.

Smiles

Lisa xx:heartpump:

16th September 2013

First day and woke up at least feeling organised. Work is going to be hectic today so at least I food under control and plan is

B. muesli (HEXB) with ww ff yoghurt, grapes
S. banana
L. Roasted red pepper, quinoa and large cous cous made with veg stock, sweet corn, sliced peppers, rocket and feta (HEXA)
S. BNS , carrot and entail soup
D. Veggie campfire stew and potatoes
S 2 Alpen lights and can diet Pepsi

No syns planned yet but trying to see how I get on through the day and might have a couple of Alpen bars and syn them

Much love and smiles

Lisa xx

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to SW. Your food plan looks like a green day? if it is don't forget you are allowed 2 healthy A's and 2 healthy B's.
Good luck with your journey :)

That day looks ace. I'm not a good cook so still trying things out plus I have a vegetarian husband who is fussy to boot. Don't worry about using Syns, a lot of people say that NOT using some syns at least can effect your weight loss. I try to get the minimum of 5 in a day x

17th September 2013

B muesli and ww fat free yoghurt
L lentil and butternut squash soup
S grapes and banana
D cottage pie - el minced beef, carrots, swede, bovril and potatoes
S cheese and grapes

I had some Turkish delight (real stuff) - not sure how much was in it which was stupid of me but not had any syns today so think I will be ok and lesson for tomorrow onwards - if you don't know you don't eat it !!!!!

Much love and smiles

Lisa xx

Last edited:
18th September 2013

Working late last night I didn't make anything for lunch so ended up scrabbling around this morning. This is why I usually fail At this as I just struggle to find the time but I will not be beaten today:)

B muesli and ww yoghurt
S orange , cheese
L going to pick up baked potato form work and have beans. Put rocket beetroot and toms in a tub for my super free
S butter but squash and lentil soup in case I work late and then I am not hungry
D bacon eggs and beans ( no super free but was 10pm )

Syns - skittles 7 and milk way stars 3.5

Here is a positive day 3 on plan xxx

Smiles

Lisa

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

Here to subscribe...looks like you are having a fab first week :)

I totally agree...the way to suceed with this 'diet' is to plan, plan and plan! I write myself a weekly meal planner and we stick to it but maybe just swap days around depending on what we fancy. It also makes it cheaper at the supermarket if you know what you are eating for the week x

Hi Lisa,

Here to subscribe...looks like you are having a fab first week :)

I totally agree...the way to suceed with this 'diet' is to plan, plan and plan! I write myself a weekly meal planner and we stick to it but maybe just swap days around depending on what we fancy. It also makes it cheaper at the supermarket if you know what you are eating for the week x

Hey ! Awwww thanks I am trying and I think once I get through this week I am going to plan for next week :) xx. Have a great week xx

Wishing you lots of luck on your journey. I've been at target for over a year now ( was 15 st 2 in may 2011 and now 9 stone 4 ) but I always have to be vigilant and I like to follow the odd diary here and there : )

Happy to advise / support along the way too : )

May have to pinch some meal ideas from youre diary too :p

Wishing you lots of luck on your journey. I've been at target for over a year now ( was 15 st 2 in may 2011 and now 9 stone 4 ) but I always have to be vigilant and I like to follow the odd diary here and there : )

Happy to advise / support along the way too : )

Awwww thank you I would really appreciate that ! Xxx

Thursday 19th September

B 2 eggs scrambled , pomegranate and some blueberries
S grapes
L chickpeas and lentil stew with tomatoes
S blueberries and grapes
D baked potatoe and beans

So I was doing good until this point and I was working really late so didn't get in until 1030pm but was hungry. So based in above being green I thought great I have 2 HEXA and HEXB I can have and then did something really stupid which was eat them but also some mince and gravy (oxo) along with my bread. Not until I had eaten it all did I realise now I had made it EE aaarrrggggghhh

Good news is I haven't had any syns so assume I can just syn the bread and extra cheese I had to 12 syns for the day. A little annoyed with myself but feel like I caught it and will just stick to EE and not have to think about any more than 1 hex each day.

Super tired today as work has been exhausting this week but feeling good about the last 4 days :)

Much love and smiles

Lisa

Friday 20th September

So had a late night working and woke up tired :( had the dentist this morning so no breakfast but here is the rest of a strange ratings day. Just found work took over And didn't get home till 8pm. Ended up snacking but good news is within syns x

I know I don't have a total handle on this but I am proud I haven't eaten lost of things I shouldn't or crappy processed meals . Tomorrow and Sunday I am going to get ready for the week ahead and of course first weigh in... Ooo sha !!!!!

L baked potato And beans, mandarin x 3
S baked potato and philli
D mug shot, packet of bachelors rice
S 2 aldi 70 cal cereal bars,, muller light,
Syn dairy milk 6 syn, chewits 6 syn, quark, 3 syns

Good Luck, i started on 16th Sept this year too. I'm trying the EE option as I love anything with FREE in..lol.
I've been having porridge with milk from my allowance for brekkie, then low fat cottage cheese with salad for lunch followed by a banana mid afternoon. Evening meal one nnight was lamb with no fat, sweet potatoes and two other free veg, hopefully I'm doing ok

A x

Good Luck, i started on 16th Sept this year too. I'm trying the EE option as I love anything with FREE in..lol.
I've been having porridge with milk from my allowance for brekkie, then low fat cottage cheese with salad for lunch followed by a banana mid afternoon. Evening meal one nnight was lamb with no fat, sweet potatoes and two other free veg, hopefully I'm doing ok

A x

Sounds like you are doing fab ! Good luck and keep on touch !

OMG :0 so disappointed woke up this morning and bounced down the stairs for WI day to discover I have actually put on 1.5lbs !! I actually can't believe it :(. What makes it worse if that I think you weigh lighter in the morning And I weighed myself at night last week :(

I thought I had eaten better this week than ages so really disappointed :( am I being honest with myself ? I need to make sure if I do really want to feel good about myself some things have got to change and this is one of them ?

So I am sitting with books and I am going to plan the whole of this week and scales are out in case I have not measured anything properly

So onwards and downwards ....

Lisa

Back