EE, red or green days?

KBQueen

Yummy Mummy in the making
I am following EE and find it really good, I can really fill op on a lot of foods. I have looked at original and green days and find them a lot more restrictive which makes me wonder, do you get better losses following these days? For example, today I am having chilli con carne which has lean steak mince in and it's free on EE. If I were to do a green day then the beef would be 5.5 syns! Kind of makes me wonder why anyone wouldnt do EE, can anyone explain what I'm missing?

Well I suppose one size doesn't fit all and I think the benefit of Red, Green and EE work in different ways. You get 2 HEX's on Red and Green, you only get 1 on EE. Some people have much better losses with Red and Green and some just like the flexibility of switching days over the course of a week or having a week on one and a week on another or maybe just sticking to the one plan all the way.

I prefer EE but I'm guessing my losses have been slower. However, the pay off for me is the flexibility of not restricting carbs or protein. If I were vegetarian I would opt for the green plan and benefit from the additional HEX's. Some people find they need to restrict carbs to help them lose and so will opt for the Red.

So I guess the answer is the plans are there to cater for all and to allow for personal choice and flexibility. Hope that helps :)

Thank you, I will stick with EE this week and see what happens at weigh in then go from there x

I follow mostly Red and Green days. For me I haven't had great success with EE, I've had mostly of gains or sts in the past.

I personally don't find Red/Green days restrictive as I sometimes use one of the HEB for the carbs or meat I may need for a meal. Alternatively if I'm on red, I'll simply omit the potatoes.

I like not having to worry about doing the 1/3 superfree rule. For me this just makes it easier

I do use EE for meals where both carbs and protein is required such as Lasagna or Chilli.

Like Jeanne says it all depends on your lifestyle

Last time I did slimming world and got to target I did mainly GREEN as I was a vegetarian. If you don't eat meat or fish green days give you a better allowance for healthy as and healthy bs.

Back